User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I decided to start the September thread sooner so we dont forgot.
    Wow..already September...Where this summer has gone
    Any fall plans? Goals? Inspiration?
    Cheers to another frugal month.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank @cath007 for getting the threat started.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Happy September! Get your Fall SampleSource Calendar Dates Ready!

Anyone remembers the 2021 Fall SampleSource Epic Fail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks cath for starting the sept thread .

My goals are to rest a bit more as my summer babysitting will be done .Try to save a lot more as xmas is around the corner .

I am soo exhaused today the girls were not listening very well ,and my daughter just called me as she has had the worst day with sebastian .On friday we will be getting our hair cut (cant wait at 12.30 ) but have to watch the girls from 8.30 til noon -then sat sun monday off.

Stopped in and got hubby wings/fry combo at fortinos and a pizza slice for me .Also grabbed a bit of fruit as i dont think i will go grocery shopping on the weekend -pears were 1.29 lb at fortinos-havent seen them that price in ages.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All,

We returned from our trip to Niagara Falls today (my annual summer getaway with my sister and niece and my youngest)
    We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel and had Fallsview rooms. (my sister redeemed points for the rooms) DS loved having the door open to sleep at night listening to the falls.
    Walked so much! Ate so much! Glad to be back home.

The paper and flyers were on our porch when we got home. I looked over the flyers and then went out running around. Wanted bbq stuff etc for the weekend and wanted to enjoy the weekend not shop. (and also I notice the sale items especially on meat seem to run out quick and the stores don't seem to replenish. I went to Food basics and bought 3 x 4pk burger patties and 2 trays of the steaks on sale. (steak avg price is $4 per steak- not bad at all considering the price of everything) Can make a nice meal with all the fixings for so much cheaper then going to a steak place (and so much better!!!)

My sister gave me 2 bags full of new boxes of freezer/sandwich bags and aluminum foil etc. I needed stuff and she told me she was cleaning out her pantry and had too much (Costco). She does this all the time She also gave us a large sealed box of Special K cereal and some other food items.

I will go out in the morning and gas up and hopefully get a few more trays of steak. Then I plan to set up my tables and empty the upright freezer completely this weekend and take inventory and then organize it perfectly. It is really full and we are ready for winter!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Sep 2nd, 2022 at 10:57 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Vacation is over but we are off until Tuesday so we can get caught up on life. We all loved Nova Scotia and there is a very real chance DH and I will retire there in about 4 yrs. Leaving was so hard and my brother and SIL are feeling sad now too. They will adjust and we have other family there so soon it will seem second nature to them.
    so now I need to kick my frugal bum in gear as we have new goals.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

August savings were pretty impressive, $885.55 in total.

Coupons $266.31
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys $20.83
    PC Optimum - No Frills $130
    Air Miles $170
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks $30
    Walmart Teacher’s Discount $64.50
    CO51 $22.90
    Caddle $20.81
    Eclipsa $20.25
    Gift cards
    $15 - Sobeys Lucerne promo
    $10 - coffee shop gc from work contest
    Garden $10
    Stuff Sold $15
    SARCAN $47.75
    Dominos $10
    Circle K wins $17
    Found Money $0.20

Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    Happy September! Get your Fall SampleSource Calendar Dates Ready!
    Anyone remembers the 2021 Fall SampleSource Epic Fail?
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ugh. It was a huge mess. It ultimately went live on a non-Tuesday. The website kept crashing…grateful I got stuff. Am I thinking of the right one? I often experience problems with ordering Sample Source.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy September Everyone,

I have to admit before I left on vacation when people were talking about being ready for fall and decorating for Fall all I could think was not yet. Since getting back from vacation I am 100% ready for fall, I am ready for soups and casseroles and all the things.

I was covering a manager yesterday so in the plant for me. On my way home I decided to stop for groceries, I was torn, as I had my Mom's car (good new, my car will go in Tuesday to be looked at, originally they were not getting back to us), and honestly, did not feel like it but really do not feel like going on Saturday of a long weekend so I stopped at No Frills and got:
    2 x Trutaste Milk $4.49
    4 x Gay Lea Unsalted Butter $3.99
    4 x Gay Lea Salted Butter $3.99
    2 x Steaks $6.44/lb (Got 2 packs, 3 Steaks each for $12ish per pack) + 100 pts/$1
    1 x Peanut Butter Klondike Bars $2.99
    1 x Romaine 3-pack $2.99
    1 x Maggi $3.69

Spent a little more than I wanted to but happy to grab a second milk at this price for freezer. The Steaks are treat and one of better prices I have seen lately, 6 steaks should last us months. Butter is one of mine anytime I see it on sale we grab a few and surprised they did not have the normal 4 limit. The Peanut Butter Klondike 100% a treat and impulse buy after a long day.

I had wanted to grab some limes as they are sale but they were not the best looking so held off.

I meant to check and see if I had a beef offer before I left the store and forget, if I had of checked I probably would have bought a 3rd pack, but it is what it is, the two I got will last use month. Although we did have on for dinner last night.

My stomach has been a little meh the last few days. I think it just no gallbladder and adjusting back to normal eating, I did not handle vacation eating well with a gallbladder. So needless to say we have not really followed the meal plan and have been eating whatever I feel I can handle. Last night I wanted Rice with Soya Sauce so Mom made herself a Steak with some Sauteed Onions & Mushrooms and in a separate pan I made sauteed some peppers that needed to be used up. I went light on the veggies and only had a couple of pieces of steak but pretty good for having no clue what we were having dinner. Leftovers are today lunch, no steak but I will never complain about rice and veggies for lunch.

Happy Friday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF and the long week end in QC..that mean monday is a holliday
    But will make sure to still do the grocery on Sunday,in case Monday it is closed...
    I really start to doubt my mail have a problem..ordered on july 26 a bunch of coupons and received pratically nothing
    up to this date...very weird...Oasis Good Morning smootie mango and the other ..I think they are discontinued..I dont find some on differents grocery shelves over the week..very strange too...
    Have a good evening and night
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Sep 2nd, 2022 at 05:59 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forgot to said.... I booked yesterday for my 4 covid vaccine...saturday at 2:30 the afternoon.very happy about that!!! Hope to not have some sides effects maybe sore arm...the others ones I had just sore arm..should be okaie.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath- i ordered awhile ago and i got barbaras cereal cpns ,aveeno 3.00 cpn ,.55 kozy shack, bolthouse cpns all in the last 2 weeks ,still waiting on palmolive cpns but maybe it takes a bit longer as people are on holidays in these companies -who knows .

Hubby and i got our haircuts today ,soo happy watched the girls till noon .

Yes 3 days off we have to babysit cara on tuesday (as she is scattered enrollment due to being in senior kindergarden )Hubby will watch her for an hour as i have a dentist appt.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Sep 2nd, 2022 at 06:52 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Was in the plant again today, day 2 of training for the manager.

At lunch time I was able to get started on this weekend's to-do-list. I am trying to keep it reasonable as I would like some time to relax this weekend as well.

100% my vacation did me a world of good, I feel refreshed and ready to go. But hoping to keep this feeling for a bit.

On the way home I stopped at Rexall and grabbed eggs, they had the 12-packs on for $3.29, I know starting tomorrow they are $3.19 at SDM but my SDM doesn't sell food. The closest one with food is about 15 minutes away and I have no reason to head in that direction this weekend, honestly, I just want to chill at home this weekend.

Tummy is starting to feel normal again, jet leg is good but still struggling to get up in the morning, and swaying is getting better but still acts up when I am tired.

Dinner was simply Nachos with Melted Cheddar, Homemade Taco Meat from the Freezer and toppings of choice.

I have a few meals from this week we did not have that will roll over to next week, plus I add a couple more that sounded good but still need to fine tune next week's meal plan. As of right now next week is busy but doable busy so getting back on track with dinners should be no issue.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy saturday all.
    i had a absoultly crazy week. ended up taking my mom to costco , and doing groceries for my brother. A dc child left after 11 years, ai had a interview to replace a dc child, went well. met up with a different dc child that is starting next week... oy. i will have 2 kids starting next week. i had really wanted to avoid 2 starting at the same time but it is what it is.
    Friday took my kids to the wading pool.. a lady showed up wanting to video tape.. .. i said no you dont have permission t video tape my kids. ... got ta love pushy people .. we ended up leaving.. love entitled people.
    afternoon i took the kids to a local area for ice cream... 8.00 for a bottle of water and 2 kid size cups. .. the cups had less then 300 ml of ice cream in them .. my 3 yr olds asked if there was more... sorry guys that what they gave us. i should have brought treats..

in the evening did my brothers groceries.

i sold a item ..... the person that wanted it is a person i know.. made a big deal out of taking thier phone to send me the money... money never was sent.. i suspect i gave her a gift. this is hte 2nd time it happened. happened a couple of years ago with a patio umbrella stand . no i am not happy. but .. it is what it is. i am choosing to walk away rather then let it absorb my good nature

today.. i may go to a store. i had really wanted chicken wings ... but the grocery store i went to for my brother did not have them . the whole meat department looked... sparce...
    our local , expensive store had a fire early july, it wont be rebuilt till early spring of next year.

any hoo. not sure what the day will bring. it will be interesting
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta that sucks about the money, I do not understand people.

I know you were just there but if you are looking for raw Chicken Wings I have found Costco is the best place to buy them. My Mom loves wings and it is an easy meal for her to make and we buy the big pack at Costco and break it down. She generally gets 7 to 9 meals from one Costco pack.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information