User Tag List

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By SassyAshley
  • 4 Post By eataiag
  • 2 Post By HermanH
  • 1 Post By Ciel21
  • 3 Post By walkonby

Thread: No Frills Price Matching - Limit 4 per Written Ad?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Has anyone run into this before?

I went to No Frills and was trying to price match as much as I could and they denied my Price Match. My store has a limit of 4 per item on Price Matches, it is what it is, I work within the limit.

I was denied one package of blueberries today because now they say it 4 items per written ad. What does this mean?

Food Basics has Cauliflower, Blueberries and Pineapple all for $1.88 and they are all written in the same paragraph, or blurp in flyer so now I am being told it is a max of 4 combined as it one written ad.

So because I bought 2 Cauliflower, 1 Pineapple and 2 Blueberries I was told I could not Price Match the second package of Blueberries as I exceeded my limit of 4.

The cashier let me do a second transaction for the one package of blueberries but thinking it is time to start shopping all the store again.
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, No Frills
    walkonby, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ran into this last year with this Cheez-it & Town House ad https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/uploa...0-to-16-10.jpg
    Wouldn't do 4 Cheez-its and 4 Town House, just 4 total.

Then another No Frills is willing to do 8 Cheez-its if it's 4 of one flavour and 4 of another (or 12 if it's 4 each of 3 flavours). The rules are all over the place.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've run into RCSS holding me to 6x price-match items, but most let me do a second transaction or, at least, do not stop me from going to another cashier for a second run. It's a minor (idiotic) inconvenience, but one with which I can live. I don't even argue or raise a fuss. I just do it. Top management is run by morons.
    cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

random thought-could it be possible that mgmt is wanting to limit check-outs held up by price-matching requests per customer? Cashiers are still being held to productivity standards?
    Something must have brought about the change-maybe receipt survey comments, lack of open checkouts for cash purchases, incidents, money-saving moves by store...
    cath007 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Ciel21 all of those things are "possible " to explain why NF are implementing this new policy but imho I think they simply want customers to stop pm-ing and are inventing these
    odd ( some might say ridiculous ) rules to enforce it. Determined shoppers just go to another cashier, or drive to another NF store ( if there is one close by ) to get their extra items.
    So far I have not experienced this at my NF location.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information