User Tag List

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1587Likes

Thread: February 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@barbis9 YOU SCORED A DEAL UNDER $30 for a WINTER COAT??!! AMAZING!
    @SassyAshley I'd recommend emailing (or writing a letter) about the matter as most banks have a 30-45 days limit for customers to query errors on their account/bank statements. That way, there is a written record. Hopefully you know the manager's name at your branch? or the branch e-mail to direct your concerns? Wonder if you were affected by the Chapters/Indigo cyber hack (I'm concerned as I've done small online orders recently but my ATM check of account today shows no issues yet with my card)? The chain's website is still down but gets updated (at least they are communicating with online customers via that homepage in the appropriate blue-screen-of-death colour with bold white font!).
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Speaking of Sobeys and also Voila-both entities have e-mailed me to update my passwords as they are introducing 2-factor identification. Great-now I cannot use online grocery service as I don't have home Internet access where the home phone is located. Sigh-technology kicks rocks for me and anyone else not able to use the Voila service due to not having Internet/home phone or cellphone together.

Can't help but think they are spooked by the Chapters/Indigo cyberattack.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So glad to walk out into Sunshine and light wind around 12pm! Went to bank to get change and put some bills into account (and check transactions). Lucked out that nearby Dollarama had small trash bags in stock-cashier said they fly out when they come in(saving me a trip to farther location today). Also found a similar style mat in sand colour to the dark green quilted one I got from Giant Tiger last year! Now basement bathroom will have a mat again (I put the dark green one on the main floor as our dark soled slippers were making the white and coral print mat looked like it was exposed to newsprint ink daily)! SCORE for the day...

Still have to venture out for a few snacks/groceries. Fortinos has a 3 Doritos or Ruffles chips offer for $9.99 (or $4.49 each) so even with one regular price bag of chips and that 3bag offer, it's cheaper than last week plus if I find a peelie coupon, I get a free beverage pack too! So thinking about mini-bottles!

I noticed on Wed that Longos is charging $8.99 for 96 Lightdays liners-9.3 cents each versus the 9 cent each cost at Shoppers (112/$9.99). Am looking at digital flyers to see if there's a deal or will I have to buy the ones at Shoppers?

Yesterday, I put some time into dragging the branches from Dec to the bin and snapped most but there are a couple that need a saw and will have to wait until month end. Did a bit of raking. Noticed a couple of sections needing time with a big rake when ground dries a bit more. Want to have bags ready for March 7 yard waste collection.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@lilo0003 Here's last April's L'Epicerie segment on indoor gardens. The Aero was one of four tested over a few weeks. It's in French but you might be able to view it on Youtube if you find their channel (but it's hard on a smart tv to find the segment per my experience).
    https://ici.radio-canada.ca/tele/l-e...r-herbe-legume
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Speaking of Sobeys and also Voila-both entities have e-mailed me to update my passwords as they are introducing 2-factor identification. Great-now I cannot use online grocery service as I don't have home Internet access where the home phone is located. Sigh-technology kicks rocks for me and anyone else not able to use the Voila service due to not having Internet/home phone or cellphone together.
    Of course, everyone is also assumed to own a cellphone. There are still some using dial-up technology, which doesn't work with 2-factor authentication. Or, those who own an analog landline.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I decided today to take it easy.I did went to public harvest for a few things.Tommorrow I will have to do grocery shopping for my lunchs,buy bus pass,renew pills and getting ready for school monday.

Have a good evening and night
    So odd the maxi flyer say 8000 pc point wub 20$ on pepsico products should be in my offers in my account but it is not...I wonder if I buy something I will still have the points or it will be an hazzle....Contacted pc they where not any helps with this....

The chicken ranch bacon cheddar in the slow cooker was good except it was too salty...to much bacon I guess...If I remake it I will tweak the recepie a liitle bit for that,
    Beautiful day we have sunshine and -4 degres..more light too...feel good!!!
    In 2 weeks it is a 1 week spring break in qc,,,.so just 2 weeks of school before that...I feel less terrified knowing that hahaha

appointement with my doctor friday went okaie...I will resee her friday to tell her how the school goes.Such a great listening doctor!!! And I will have helps at school with the psychologist too ..So I will go see her maybe monday and see what she think of that....The doctor was very not sure about a full time return to school...maybe a pregressive or another month off could be the solution..it will depends on how it goes this week....I just hope the teachers will not be hard with me and my books...And be listening....I am worried of that fact...
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Feb 11th, 2023 at 04:28 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , nope, this has nothing to do with a hack. They were able to confirm for me today that someone added the credit to my account obviously in error but no one can explain why the correction was processed at a different amount. There are no notes on the transaction but there is over a $100 difference that no one can explain. Not to mention why was someone in my account?

I have a cell phone and I get and understand doing everything to keep logins secure but some of these 2-step verifications are a pain. One of the services we use at work now has this so I have to "try" to log on, on my computer, then open the app on my cell to tell it I am trying to log in, for it to send me a verification code to log in. It now takes almost 5 minutes to log in and generally what I need to do will take me 30 to 60 seconds. There is supposed to be a feature to say this is a secure computer so we do not have to do this every time we try to log in but it is not working.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My major freebies today-discovered the Mac computer still prints right away at the printer; no need to scan card to release print jobs. I still added $2 to my card in case I need more print jobs in a day.
    Since I logged back in for my 3rd hour on same computer, I managed to score a 4th hour free so I'm online until computers shut down at 4:45pm! Score!!!

Updated this week's gift card offers. Thankful for the flyer uploads-they saved me some time. Must dash to look around before the Net closes. See you next week and enjoy the Super Bowl hoopla tomorrow!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ink is so expensive...I went last week to renew my black ink reusined for mo hp printer....45$,...wow it is the price of the printer!!!! Not renewing the color at this price...And my printer work weird but need it for homeworks.. I was not paying that amount with my Canon printer grrr.... little rant I guess

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , I have found with ink, we have an Epson, you really need to compare prices. We need a black cartridge which was $15 cheaper on Amazon vs Staples but when we looked at the colour cartridges they were cheaper at Staples.

Buying from Epson was cheaper but because we were only getting the black cartridge I would have had to pay for shipping so free shipping from Amazon was cheaper. Cartridges were $2 cheaper but shipping was almost $15 so I saved $13 using Amazon. But I will look again when we need colour cartridges.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Been a productive day. Baked some muffins and picked up a few groceries. Hubs did the laundry. It is our anniversary so going out for dinner tonight so no cooking. For tomorrow as it is supposed to be warm I picked up a Valentines special of steak and shrimp to grill for a pre Valentines dinner-we will cook it tomorrow instead of on a work day.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain , Happy Anniversary
    harbie, barbis9 and lizzie bargain like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@lizzie bargain : Happy Anniversary!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Happy anniversary to you and your hubby

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I decided today to take it easy.I did went to public harvest for a few things.Tommorrow I will have to do grocery shopping for my lunchs,buy bus pass,renew pills and getting ready for school monday.

Have a good evening and night
    So odd the maxi flyer say 8000 pc point wub 20$ on pepsico products should be in my offers in my account but it is not...I wonder if I buy something I will still have the points or it will be an hazzle....Contacted pc they where not any helps with this....

The chicken ranch bacon cheddar in the slow cooker was good except it was too salty...to much bacon I guess...If I remake it I will tweak the recepie a liitle bit for that,
    Beautiful day we have sunshine and -4 degres..more light too...feel good!!!
    In 2 weeks it is a 1 week spring break in qc,,,.so just 2 weeks of school before that...I feel less terrified knowing that hahaha

appointement with my doctor friday went okaie...I will resee her friday to tell her how the school goes.Such a great listening doctor!!! And I will have helps at school with the psychologist too ..So I will go see her maybe monday and see what she think of that....The doctor was very not sure about a full time return to school...maybe a pregressive or another month off could be the solution..it will depends on how it goes this week....I just hope the teachers will not be hard with me and my books...And be listening....I am worried of that fact...
    @cath007 the Pepsi offer showed up this morning in my offers. Don’t stress about school too much take it 1 day at a time it will all worked out and think positive
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information