User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: flashfood app saves big on groceries

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

walkonby -i am just like you no cell phone for me either.

I do ask at grocery stores if i see the yogurt a few days 2-5 days from expiry for a reduction.A few weeks back i got one at sobeys for half off the sale price, i think i paid 3.00-2.00 cpn i had=i paid a buck .
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tagging @Frugalbigmama as she has posted some excellent scores through Flash Food in the past (and posted on the monthly frugal threads).

Thanks @heartgirl99 for the thread tag!

My Fortinos stopped using pink stickers and now uses rectangular red/white or yellow 50% off tags with little white price stickers just below to let cashier know what product was selling for.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mine says none available.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    FREE gift from Temu site! (similar to SHEIN)
    https://temu.com/s/FeegMPQDbwMvEI

Get cashback for online shopping!
    https://www.topcashback.com/ref/keek

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ancaster News this week has an article stating that Flashfood has 11 Ren's Pet food stores (in Ontario) on the app as of Feb. 15 and program will expand to all store (by end of March):
    https://www.flashfood.com/news/flash...an-pet-parents
    @Giseledta
    cyn88canada and fegonia like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The app is useful for the average consumer - people who do not coupon or follow sales. That being said, I use it occasionally. There are sometimes great deals on coffee cream, milk, meat, drinks, etc.

As with coupons, cashback apps, sales, this is just another weapon in the savings arsenal.
    hcao, GoodBoy, HermanH and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Was trying to buy 2 items today that was a total of $0.35 and I could not because it keep asking for a minimum of $0.50 is this new I know in the past I bought a single item for $0.40 and it lets me. TIA
    heartgirl99 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Was trying to buy 2 items today that was a total of $0.35 and I could not because it keep asking for a minimum of $0.50 is this new I know in the past I bought a single item for $0.40 and it lets me. TIA
    sorry, i don't know the answer.
    the least expensive thing i've bought was 50 cents.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    It's new. I think the newest Flash app update forces the minimum 50 cent. If you can find the old version of Flashfood, and install it, you may be able to check out again for under 50 cents. Then -- do NOT auto-update the app. At some point, Flashfood may require everyone to update to force the minimum 50 cent spend. For now, my older phone that has an older version of Flashfood can still check out with the under 50 cent spend. Finding a store with that pricing, though....ha! Very rare. (But, amazing deals!)

Cheers!
    HermanH and Ciel21 like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ty @heartgirl99 for including me in this app offer. I'm still a dinosaur, no cell phone, not now, not ever so no apps. I still hunt through the reduced racks for produce at any store still doing that.
    Might I ask why no cell phone..not ever? We live in an area where there are no ( or very few flyers). We also live a minimum of 25km from the grocery stores. @$25/month for a cell phone with a bit of data - I count that as a justifiable expense (this is the only phone we have)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post
    Might I ask why no cell phone..not ever? We live in an area where there are no ( or very few flyers). We also live a minimum of 25km from the grocery stores. @$25/month for a cell phone with a bit of data - I count that as a justifiable expense (this is the only phone we have)
    @endi2000 Never needed one ever during all of my 36 years working, then I retired. My land line is completely FREE ( perk for also having internet and tv with the same company )
    My outings for groceries, other stuff or appointments are few, and most are close to " home base " , so my philosophy is if anyone is that desperate to speak with me while I'm out
    on errands they are SOL. We have an answering machine that they can cry into if they choose.

If we were to ever move to a more isolated area ( as you are ) perhaps we'd consider a cell phone but the free land line is our only phone and that justifies us not getting a 2nd one.
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cyn88canada View Post
    It's new. I think the newest Flash app update forces the minimum 50 cent. If you can find the old version of Flashfood, and install it, you may be able to check out again for under 50 cents. Then -- do NOT auto-update the app. At some point, Flashfood may require everyone to update to force the minimum 50 cent spend. For now, my older phone that has an older version of Flashfood can still check out with the under 50 cent spend. Finding a store with that pricing, though....ha! Very rare. (But, amazing deals!)

Cheers!
    @cyn88canada thank you
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post

If your cellphone has a second SIM card slot, consider getting a Text Now chip (since you have a phone number too) for nominal cost (no idea about shipping charge) and if you allow ads during texts, then you won't pay for for use when connecting to free wi-fi when you are on the road or have a chance to Internet w/o using your plan. However, Text Now does charge monthly if you want ad-free texts etc. I heard about this chip (Waterloo ON) during last year's Rogers Outage and it allowed affected customers to still get online when their service was down- provided they had access to free wi-fi where they were.
    HermanH likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

My local RCSS is selling fruit boxes on flash food app for $5 that weigh about 4-5 lbs. I do not buy those fruit boxes and I don't understand how they can sell them like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Purdee; Mon, Sep 25th, 2023 at 01:14 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can often find a selection of fruit and veggies for about $1 a pound, and it isn't soggy and overly ripe.

I think RCSS is just trying to play you for a sucker. To be fair, RCSS does not set prices. They transfer the food to FlashF, who then set the price.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    My local RCSS is selling fruit boxes on flash food app for $5 that weigh about 4-5 lbs. I do not buy those fruit boxes and I don't understand how they can sell them like that.
    Those look VERY stingy, like they'd be under $5 at full price, never mind reduced to clear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information