User Tag List

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , thank you.

@cath007 , *HUGS* hope you get everything figured out and the dentist can give you some relief.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

am I imagining this? Was searching through the newest grocery flyers and the Metro one had an odd looking item that seemed overpriced to me?
    I would certainly never pay almost $10.00 for a single jar of pasta sauce, not even if the most handsome famous Italian made them!
    What gives? Has to be a misprint, maybe they are supposed to be 3/$9.99

Name:  rao's pasta sauce.png
Views: 132
Size:  84.1 KB
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Got yesterday's problem fixed, I worked until 8:30 last night and finished up this morning, just in time for my boss to call me with today's problem.

It was nice and sunny here this morning but now the clouds have rolled in along with some showers.

Was thinking about running out for Groceries after work but honestly, I do not feel like it now, so I am not going. We aren't out of anything.

I am really trying to focus on my eating. I have been doing better but still feel there is room for improvement. I am not skipping meals but they are not always well planned out or well balanced. It is a lot of odds and ends or what I can grab quick so I am on a mission for May to better plan and have stuff on hand that is quick grab and eat. But never one to put off starting a goal, I did prep on the weekend and feeling in a much better place this week.

Now to figure out dinner for tonight. We could have Meatloaf but not sure I am feeling it. Honestly, not sure what I am feeling.

Happy Tuesday.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , Costco carries this brand and people go crazy for it. I think you get 2 jars for $14.99. Too expensive for me but I have heard good things about it.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @lilo0003 which Sephora gift did you pick?
    I picked the mascara and colour stick. I wanted a purse size mascara.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning what a wonderfull week and life .I had a beautifull day yesterday ,reconnected with a loved one .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Happy Wednesday! Dark day here but the kitchen needs a good cleaning so that is the plan this morning.
    Then breakfast. Thinking a mushroom and spinach omelette. Yum!!

Laundry- That needs to be dealt with too at some point. I have been slackin!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made breakfast first since I was starving (didn't eat much for dinner).
    Have cutlery soaking in the sink so will get at the dishes and then once that is done will clean out the fridge and prep dinner (took BLSL chicken out of the freezer last night) Will make fresh asparagus and roasted red potatoes (thanks GT sale!) Have a little bit of lettuce left so will chop up and can make a Greek salad with it (have peppers cut up already from breakfast and there is a cucumber to use up)
    Will be a healthy dinner and a good fridge clean out!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Looks like today is going to be a good catch-up day. We have one more "issue" to address but waiting for those involved to tell me if they want option A or B. Once they decide it will probably take me about 2 days of programming but until they decide it is a backburner issue.

I did not grocery shop last week and honestly, we weren't out of anything but there were a few good deals I could not pass up. So I ran out just grab a few sale items, I got:
    2 x Apples 6lb $3.50 with PC Card
    4 x Hunt's Thick & Rich Pasta Sauce $0.99 (PM Sobeys)
    1 x Mushrooms 680g $4.50 (In Store Special)
    1 x Eggs 18-pack $3.99 (PM Sobeys)
    1 x Frozen Edamame $2.79 (Personal Offer)
    1 x Frozen Baby Carrots $2.79 (Personal Offer)
    1 x Frozen Cauliflower $2.79 (Personal Offer)
    + I got 400 pts/$2 on Frozen Vegetables

Not a lot but just a few things I could not pass up. I am kind of sad we did not need more eggs as that is a great price but I just do not have the fridge space for more. To be honest, I do not have room for this pack but Mom should be making herself a Quiche today which will give me the space.

Now to look at next week's flyers plus I still need to go to Costco at some point.

Hoping to also get some house stuff done today. I am feeling pretty good, but there are a few things I need to tackle.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi back from the dentist...
    Good news it is not an abcess it is a injury and it cost me 52$ to learn that*&*(&(*
    And school will be not happy...
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We have sunshine!!!

I have a massage this afternoon that I am really looking forward to.

Oldest came for dinner last night in between his lessons. I had it all ready for him for his hour break. Have leftovers for dinner tonight.

Today- Work. Running around to stock up on some grocery deals.

Have a great day! Hope you have sunshine to enjoy!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Nice sunny day here but woke up to everything covered in frost. I feel like winter is just trying to hold on as right now our weather for next week shows snow overnight on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Ran out right when No Frills would open to grab my groceries, I call it my lunch but if I go at lunch it takes me a lot longer as the store is busier, I got:
    2 x Blueberries 1-pint $1.99 (PC Member Pricing)
    4 x Mini Cucumbers 6-pack $0.99 (Member Pricing)
    2 x Mangos $0.99
    2 x Green Onions $0.99
    6 x Bananas
    2 x Tetley Earl Grey Tea $5.99
    2 x Peanuts $1.79
    6 x Shrimp 160g $2.49 (Member Pricing)
    2 x Ivory Body Wash $3.99 (PM Food Basics)

I saved $6 with member pricing and got 800 points. 100 pts/$ on Blueberries and 100 pts/$ on Cucumbers.

The bags of shrimp are smaller bags but think they would be perfect for the 2 of us and for $2.49.

They denied my price match for a Cantaloupe because Food Basics flyer says Jumbo and theirs are Large, so I left it behind I was not paying $1.11 more.

I do still get to get to Costco at some point but I need to make room in my fridge. I was tidying up my freezer last night and realized I am much lower on Chicken than I thought but I am thinking of splitting the meat into 2 trips since I need to go either next week or the following week. I saw a sneak peek of the executive coupons coming out and there are a few coupons I want to take advantage of. I know in the end I will spend the same amount but it will help when it comes to fridge space. Also, maybe my heart won't skip a beat when I get my total.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, it was #spwinter here in Ancaster too with frost on the grass! Was glad I managed to somehow get some grass cut yesterday after discovering Bro did buy gas recently and reassembled the mower handle. But he did not tell me those things, only replying "you do it" when I asked him to mow grass. Sigh. Will try my luck Saturday with more mowing despite rain forecast. I washed my shoes yesterday so they look clean for my errands tomorrow. Rain on Friday-not so yay for me. I managed to move a little bit of one leaf pile into the composter; still have to put a pitch fork in today to try to mix the leaves with the food scraps and encourage mixing and mingling. I likely will have to bag the remaining leaves for collection so the grass has a chance to emerge after a few months of coverage.

Vest-managed to unpick most of enclosed centre back seem (I need natural light to do the task as I'm finding the medium gray thread difficult to spot against the chalky denim striped fabric and the end of seam at old hem has tiny stitches or some bunching--don't wish to poke holes in fabric at that end (plus the encased seam is serged so I either keep the piece intact or unpick everything and watch ravelling in action).

Pantry surprise dish (for second breakfast) yesterday: I used the remaining cup of chicken bouillion to cook the frozen cooked broccoli, put the lot into a blender, added a bit of milk and topped soup with Parmesan cheese. Yum! Never usually make such a dish but felt it was possible given the recent cream of carrot recipe attempt last weekend.

Flower news-5 tulip bulbs have pinkish intent but have yet to open. Not seeing many other tulips (old ones or newer ones) up as yet-maybe 3 -5 other green stems/bulbs. Considering that soil has not been fed in a couple of years plus the stop and start cold weather, the bulbs may be highly miffed.

Speaking of eggs: $2.99 weekend sale at Shoppers! 2nd time this year, at least for Hamilton area flyers!
    But the weekend price on Lean Cuisine/Stouffers has gone from $2.79 to $2.99 now!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was up early this morning and got right to all of the things. There is so much I want to get done this weekend plus I found out yesterday I am going to have to work this weekend. We have a project that needs to be done and cannot be done during business hours.

I have started on the bedding, I am going to deep clean the beds so I will also be washing the pillows and vacuuming the mattresses. I am on the third load for my bed with one more to go and then I have to do Mom's.

I am trying to convince myself I want to install the new kitchen faucet I bought over 6 months ago this weekend because it needs to be done. Oddly I am not concerned with installing the new faucet but more concerned with removing the old one. This will lead to needing to clean out under the sink, ugh.

Last night after work I went to Costco, I got about half of what we needed. I will get the rest next week when I go for the new sales/executive coupons. So this weekend will also be full of Costco Breakdown and putting stuff away.

I also treated myself when I was at Costco, they have a braiser I have had my eye on since they got it and was waiting for it to go on sale. But, now it has the asterisk of death so I picked it up last night. It was a good price to start with, it is cheaper than buying the PC version which is the cheapest I have found.

Happy Friday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!! Not a bad looking day out there this morning.

Kitchen was still clean when I left the house this morning besides a plate soaking in the sink and a few crumbs on the stove. We are using the dishwasher today/this weekend so will be easy clean up.

Found a deal on Lean ground beef yesterday (375g on for $3 plus 30% off and I had a personal offer for fresh beef) I only bought 2 for nachos last night. Now thinking I probably should have bought tons. Oh well. We do still have some in the freezer so will have to be on top of it on the next deal.

Suppose to be a crappy weekend everyone keeps saying so I better get our tonight after work and enjoy the sunshine while I can!

Cheers!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information