User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: June 2023 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It’s stripping day today. The bedding that is .

Just a day filled with cleaning, little picking from the garden and getting a run in along with yoga first.

Going to check the flyers now……..

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    I want to share my experience at the local rcss this afternoon. I know other Smartcanuckers would understand. I was at the checkout till and the cashier was very efficient with the coupons. I had 6 coupons. She had to read and check them but she was fast and was on the last coupon. There were other open checkouts and a man came with a few items (less than 5). The lane I was in was not an express lane, in fact, it was 2 to last lane. This man made a comment along the line of what a waste of time to save a few pennies. I turned to him and said "Sir, a few pennies may not mean anything to you but to me, it means a lot." Then he put his head on the conveyor belt and made a fake cry. I stopped putting away my groceries and walked to him but kept 6 feet apart (a habit since Covid started). I said loudly: at least I'm on on the street begging for monies or be a burden to the society. I was gonna go on. But at this point, the cashier was done scanning his items and he had to pay. He put up his hands and said ok, ok. So I backed off and returned to my groceries. He paid, grabbed his items and hurried out of the store.
    I used $18 in coupons. Redeemed 100K in points and got back 20K in points.
    I could have said f-you, it's none of your business or why don't you pick a different lane. But my parents taught me better. I kept my cool. The last time I had someone complained about me using coupons was a Walmart cashier, before I left I politely told her (sarcastically) that I hope one day I can be like her and not having to have to use coupons. The cashier was older and looks like she should be enjoying her retirement but she's working at WM.
    @Purdee !!! Best post I have read so far today and thank you!! What an impolite, ignorant guy that was behind you in line. Grrrr! I am mad FOR you.....lol.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Purdee , I do not understand people, why comment, just move to another line if it bothers you that much.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh, what a day.

Last night just as I was cleaning up from Dinner, the plumber messages our new Hot Water Tank was in and that he could install it today. But since he had to cut the pipe and let it go there was a bunch of stuff we had to move so we could do the work. So last night I was running my house trying to move stuff including my stand-up freezer.

Then he got here and needed to get into a section of my basement to look at something that was where I moved stuff too. So back down I went to move stuff around. No big deal.

I admit today is a bit of a struggle, I am super tired I did not sleep again last night and my anxiety is high as I dislike having people in my house. I feel like it is my safe space and it bothers me. I know it is part of life it is just one of those things.

I did see some deals in the flyers I want to pick up but not sure if it will happen tonight. I think tonight I will be focusing on putting my house back together.

Happy Thursday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley !! woo hoo! All I heard from your post was NEW hot water tank. Congrats, that is great! Gotta have the proper water temps for showers, lol

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today got a few specials at sobeys saved 22.00 in coupons ,2.40 checkout51 .10 caddle .

Son came by and helped me sand the deck before it starting raining at 3.30 p.m .Then we chatted for a bit,nice to have a visit .As when i babysit he is going off to work or coming home from work.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    The installation of the Hot Water Tank took a bit longer than expected so by the time it was done, I did not have it in me to put my house back together so that still needs to be done.

I also need to do some serious scrubbing, all of the scum from the tank is all over my floors.

I had a moment last night, I went down to get stuff out of the freezer for dinner (because of course I forgot to pull something before) and the freezer was not working. We moved the freezer so it shouldn't have gotten wet but the pipe he was going to cut fell off so the water started going over all the place so I was worried the freezer got wet. I looked at it earlier and looked like it was okay but who knew? Turns out I do not know if he needed to use the outlet or knocked out the outlet but the plug was not fully plugged in, pushed it in and the freezer came back on. I was having a minor panic attack as if the freezer was not working, I had no idea what I was going to do with everything in the freezer.

The good news is I got a ton of work stuff done yesterday, I was knocking it out. So that feels good.

I am not sure why but I am feeling super anxious today. I woke up feeling this way and have not been able to get the feeling to go away. I ran to the grocery store hoping that getting out of the house would help but no such luck. Now I am thinking I might go clean something, scrubbing sometimes helps.

Happy Friday
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went to No Frills this morning and was able to get most of the things on my list, I might later in the week if working close to one, run into RCSS for a few things. Today I got:
    1 x Milk 4L $4.88 - $1 Coupon = $3.88
    2 x Strawberries $1.84
    2 x Peameal $1.99/lb
    2 x Mangos $0.99 + 100 pts/$
    1 x Green Onions $0.99
    1 x Ice Cream Sandwiches 12-pack $3.99
    1 x Mini Cucumbers 15-pack $4.99 + 100 pts/$
    1 x Lemons 2lbs $2.88
    1 x Garlic 3-pack $0.99
    2 x Sour Cream $2.49 + 400 pts/$2
    1 x Bananas (5 in the bunch)

I was expecting to buy more since I did not shop last week but there really isn't anything else we needed. Again it was mostly Produce and we needed Milk. Turn out my headache worked in my favour because the Milk is cheaper this week, last week it was $5 something at RCSS.

This afternoon I ran out to get our mail, I got a free Glade plug-in to try. Plus I see the Costco Magazine came in with a sneak peek of next month's sales. I have to admit I am loving the month-long sales at Costco, it makes shopping so much easier. I know they have done this for quite some time in the US and they brought the month-long sales to Canada during the Pandemic but then they went back to the weekly sales and now they are back to the month-long sales. I really do hope the Month-long sales stay.

I am not what is up with me lately, I know I have been feeling a bit off but lately, food is very meh to me. Nothing sounds appealing, I have no cravings and more times than not food is unappealing which makes eating hard. We had a late lunch and then it took forever to decide on dinner but we decided on Dumplings (I am so loving the Dumpling from Costco, they are amazing for a quick lunch or dinner, right now we have both Beef and Chicken in the freezer, thinking I need to grab more Beef as they are currently on sale) with Chinese Noodles. Took some Ramen and added Mushrooms, Peppers & Green onions with a Chinese sauce, smells good.

No cleaning got done today, I was going to clean when I got back from getting the mail but things at work got a little chaotic, there is always tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day as I need to do all the cleaning plus I need to figure out a dessert for Father's Day on Sunday and again the food thing, nothing is jumping out at me. But I am thinking something Lemon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stumbled across an unopened carton of 7-11 cookies. Guess the previous owner was too full to finish desert. Into my pantry they go.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@HermanH your food finds are amazing.
    harbie, barbis9, HermanH and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sunday is our 29th wedding anniversary so DH and I went to the Lake House restaurant for lunch, we sat on the patio so had a great view of Lake Ontario. Used gift cards bought on sale at Costco of course. We decided since we were 15 minutes to the border we would do a quick trip. Picked up a few groceries and eggs are back to 99 cents at Aldi so I picked up 1 dozen. The border was quick both ways which was a nice change. Prices are so much higher now there is really not a lot of stuff I want but DH did get a great deal on Clark’s shoes so that was a win.
    Sunday we are taking my fil out to dinner out as we share an anniversary and this is the 1st since my mother in law passed away. They would have been 67 yrs this years.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am holding high hopes in this cup of tea I am having right now. I have so so much to get done today and I have zero ambition.

I am not sure what is up, I just feel like something is off with me right now. I do not feel sick, I do not feel like I need to see the doctor but I feel like something is off. I am not sure what is going on but my sleep is all over the place again, I feel like I am not getting a good night's sleep even though I go to bed, most nights I sleep although right now my body like to wake up in the middle of the night for no reason. As I said yesterday, food is just meh, which has led to me skipping meals again because nothing is appealing. I just have no ambition which is not like me, normally I always have 500 things on the go, do I get them all done no, but I get some of it done LOL.

I feel like I am stuck in a vicious circle of this is the week I turn it all around but then I don't turn it all around.

Let's try this again, today is the day I get all of the things done.

I need to clean up from having the new Hot Water Tank installed, there is Hot Water Tank sludge all over all of my floors from it being hauled out. The kitchen is a complete disaster as we forgot to turn on the Dishwasher Thursday night and I said like 3 times yesterday I was going to turn it but I didn't so we ran it last night. But now, there are dishes everywhere. The bathroom needs to be cleaned, the floors need to be done. I got this, I can do this.

Happy Saturday

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    I want to share my experience at the local rcss this afternoon. I know other Smartcanuckers would understand. I was at the checkout till and the cashier was very efficient with the coupons. I had 6 coupons. She had to read and check them but she was fast and was on the last coupon. There were other open checkouts and a man came with a few items (less than 5). The lane I was in was not an express lane, in fact, it was 2 to last lane. This man made a comment along the line of what a waste of time to save a few pennies. I turned to him and said "Sir, a few pennies may not mean anything to you but to me, it means a lot." Then he put his head on the conveyor belt and made a fake cry. I stopped putting away my groceries and walked to him but kept 6 feet apart (a habit since Covid started). I said loudly: at least I'm on on the street begging for monies or be a burden to the society. I was gonna go on. But at this point, the cashier was done scanning his items and he had to pay. He put up his hands and said ok, ok. So I backed off and returned to my groceries. He paid, grabbed his items and hurried out of the store.
    I used $18 in coupons. Redeemed 100K in points and got back 20K in points.
    I could have said f-you, it's none of your business or why don't you pick a different lane. But my parents taught me better. I kept my cool. The last time I had someone complained about me using coupons was a Walmart cashier, before I left I politely told her (sarcastically) that I hope one day I can be like her and not having to have to use coupons. The cashier was older and looks like she should be enjoying her retirement but she's working at WM.
    @Purdee I don't get why people don't mind their own business! I too use coupons and freebie offers to get a good deal, even back when I was working full time. You are too polite. My bf used to get annoyed on seniors day when an older person would pull out their change purse and count out their money. Now that he is retired, he gets it.

As for the walmart cashier I would have complained to her supervisor. Coupons are meant to be used.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh, what a day.

Last night just as I was cleaning up from Dinner, the plumber messages our new Hot Water Tank was in and that he could install it today. But since he had to cut the pipe and let it go there was a bunch of stuff we had to move so we could do the work. So last night I was running my house trying to move stuff including my stand-up freezer.

Then he got here and needed to get into a section of my basement to look at something that was where I moved stuff too. So back down I went to move stuff around. No big deal.

I admit today is a bit of a struggle, I am super tired I did not sleep again last night and my anxiety is high as I dislike having people in my house. I feel like it is my safe space and it bothers me. I know it is part of life it is just one of those things.

I did see some deals in the flyers I want to pick up but not sure if it will happen tonight. I think tonight I will be focusing on putting my house back together.

Happy Thursday
    @SassyAshley what brand of water heater did you get? I'm thinking of buying a tank, as this rental business is starting to be expensive.
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@lilo0003 happy anniversary!
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information