User Tag List

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: June 2023 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Dropped DS off at work and hit up Walmart and No Frills. Good little haul and the best part? Green Onion! Totally packing egg salad sandwiches for road trip on Tuesday. Love hiking with homemade sandwiches! They just taste so good in the forest

This morning- House clean up. Starting in the kitchen. Washing dishes and washing strawberries/cherries etc.
    Then putting a load of laundry in the washer- put away clean stuff. Make bed with new sheets.
    Get birthday bags ready for the pool party we are attending this afternoon. So happy both kids are able to come.

DS is going away with his friends to a cottage for a few days. I told him to confirm the head count and I am prepping food for them.

Ok I better get all the things done!

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, Purdee, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-happy anniversary .

Laundry on the go ,i think daughter is coming in tonight or sunday morning .On sunday we are all going out for supper for fathers day except my dear son he is working .First my daughter was just taking us out then daughter in-law said she wished to come with the girls.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@lilo0003 wow 29th anniversary. Congrats.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hope you get things sorted out @SassyAshley and get back into some kind of normal routine again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Crossed most things off my list. Cleaned a bathroom.
    Waiting for the load in washer to finish so I can hang it to dry.
    Boiled some eggs- Decided egg salad for lunch sounds good! There will be tons of food at the party but this way I won't be starving and can wait till dinner there instead of eating junk.

Watered my veggies. They are really growing. Excited to see the 1st cherry tomato! The cucumbers my friend sent me home with are doing well too.

Time for lunch!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Jun 17th, 2023 at 12:25 PM.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So ticked over checkout51 -3 times i have written to them ,now they state the items due not validate your purchase .So i circled the chocolate milk and with a pink highlighter,so i hope they accept it for the 2.40-ugggggg
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , thank you
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , Happy Anniversary
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, I am so tired this morning, I did not want to get out of bed but I needed to get up as I have so much I need to get done today.

Yesterday was a good day, felt a little bit more like myself.

I started by cleaning the kitchen as I feel nothing is right in life when the kitchen is a disaster. Emptied the Dishwasher, reloaded the Dishwasher, did the hand dishes and wiped down all of the counter. I did not do the floor as there was still a bunch of stuff on the floor that was moved for the hot water tank to be brought in.

The Front Entryway and Hallway have been deep cleaned, everything was moved and the floor was vacuumed and washed.

The Basement has also been deep cleaned. The floor in my laundry room was disgusting, everything that came out of the Hot Water Tank was stuck to the floor and there were bits and pieces of stuff everywhere. I literally washed the laundry room floor 5 times to get it clean the first 2 times my cloth was black.

I got the bathroom half cleaned, the vanity and sink have been cleaned, will finish this today. I was going to finish it before bed last night but I was too tired.

Dinner last night we made Homemade Pizza, oh my it was so good.

I set up my new laptop for work as the hinge broke on my old laptop so I cannot close it anymore. Luckily they had already ordered me a new laptop but our IT guy was going on vacation so he only did the bare minimum on my laptop and I needed to do the rest and since I have been so busy I kept using the old laptop. But now that hinge broke I cannot close it which means when I go into branches, I cannot take it with me so it was time to switch.

I am happy with what I got done but not going to lie, I was hoping to get a few more things done. More so I was hoping to do more organizing and purging than what got done. I did fill one garbage bag but not going to lie, was hoping for a little more.

Now on to today, I feel like there is still so much to be done. I still have no idea what I am going to make for dessert tonight. Guess it is time to spend some time on Pinterest.

Happy Sunday Everyone

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH and I spent the day at the lake and it was busy. Lots of paddle boarders and kayaks out enjoying Father’s Day. It was a beautiful day. Stop at No frills and picked up a few groceries. I sort of have a menu plan for the week. What I really need to do is sit done and make a list of all the stuff I need to get done, in the nice weather I am either on the water or the deck so the house stuff starts to slip.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

it has been raining here and hopefully it helps slow down the wild fires
    since our girls and I got up early this morning we went to RCSS and tried to be as quiet as possible so my hubby can sleep in as he had an evening shift the day before.
    at rcss i noticed ground pork packages have june 19 expiry dates but they still look good so i asked the meat clerk if they are going to be discounted, he said yes and told me to wait. he came back with a roll of pink stickers and started slapping them on the pork packages. I grabbed 2 packs then portion them out at home - the majority went into the already very packed freezer, left enough for wonton soup and spring rolls later in the week.
    then my girls and i went to costco on the way home, i got some gas in my car, then we went inside and i got a bag of avocados (i love costco avocados) $8.99 - $2 instant saving for this weekend only
    then we had hotdogs, chicken strips, fries, gravies and drinks.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    at rcss i noticed ground pork packages have june 19 expiry dates but they still look good so i asked the meat clerk if they are going to be discounted, he said yes and told me to wait. he came back with a roll of pink stickers and started slapping them on the pork packages. I grabbed 2 packs then portion them out at home - the majority went into the already very packed freezer, left enough for wonton soup and spring rolls later in the week.
    perfect timing for dumpling/dragonboat festival.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Another day where I did not get as much done as I had hoped but it's okay.

I was not feeling my best, I woke up exhausted and as the day went on I started to really not feel well. But it was weird, I thought I was just hungry so I had breakfast which apparently was the wrong move as I started to feel worse. Luckily by the time I needed to head out for dinner, I was finally feeling better.

All I got done was the Dessert, I made French Vanilla Cream Bars, it was a bit of a cheat recipe as it used a Cake Mix. Everyone loved them.

And, I did get the freezer moved back so I could finish cleaning the laundry room floor. Plus I made a path to Dehumidifier as it needed to be emptied. This week my goal will be to tidy up the main room in the basement as there is a bunch of randomness in there now but I do not want to just move it back. Now is the time to declutter.

I did about 2 hours of work this afternoon to get set up for the week. My original plan for this week did a 180 so what I planned and had prepped for is now not happening so I re-plan and re-prep for my new schedule this week. I was going to try to get it done tomorrow but thought better of it and happy to have it done so now I can just dive right in tomorrow.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Since I am off work this week but not going away till Wednesday I wanted to still be in vacation mode.

Had a quick shower then went to the coffee shop downtown and grabbed a coffee and walked to the town dock. Sat for a bit then walked all the docks.

Then to Loblaws to grab a club pack of TP. Grabbed a Blistex that had a sale sign for $2.99. It rang in at $4.99 so got it for free .

Now off to putter in the garage!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good afternoon all.

It’s been a hot minute since I’ve sat down . It’s been a bit of a few days.

Anyways, not much in savings except $8.75 saved at Bulk Barn yesterday on our oatmeal which I was happy with. Found 55C outside the police station ( finders keepers ) and lastly saved $15.85 on regular groceries at save on foods.

Briefly glanced at our weekly/monthly budget and we’re doing excellent with takeout ($2 and change for a McDonald’s coffee 1 time). Groceries are on track as best as they can be with prices increasing.

Getting good use of my garden with some supplemental veggies which helps.

Hope everyone has a great day and week!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information