User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: June 2023 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yesterday we went for a drive instead of a bike since it was still hovering around 28 degrees and humid. Stopped at save on and saved $15.49 by getting a case lot of GG Corn Nibblets for free using my points. Yay me.

Today we just got back from a 15km ride to LD to get a Schmidt pit stick that was on sale for $8.49. Only scored 1 but I’ll pm it at another place. Grabbed a water while I was at it. It was a beautiful ride but humid but thankfully not as hot as yesterday.

Time for dinner, a shower and then off to bed!

Good night all

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Totally slept in this morning. I woke up at 5:30 but fell back asleep, woke up thinking it was 7, maybe 7:30, but nope it was 8:30. Guess I needed the sleep.

It is a slow Sunday Morning, enjoying a cup of tea well watching Ultimatum on Netflix.

Did not get much done after lunch yesterday. I hung up the laundry I washed and that was about it.

Dinner was Frozen Dumplings from Costco (I am officially obsessed) and we made Fried Rice on the side. This is my new favourite dinner. I had cut up Cucumber and Peppers on the side to some more veg to the dish.

Last night I started cleaning up some of my random piles of papers, I feel like my office area (better known as the love seat) is becoming very overcrowded with stuff. I will admit, I have been bad, I never finished off May's budget which means I never set up June's budget. I know where we stand $$$ wise, it has been an expensive month as we had to get Mom's snow tires taken off, replace the Hot Water Tank, and Insurance is due this month. The good news is I had planned for the tires and insurance, the hot water tank was a surprise but I do have money set aside for Renos/New Appliances, just have to reprioritize the list as a new Hot Water Tank was not on the list.

I finished May's budget last night and now need to set up and fill in June's, just in time to set up July's.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was in the same situation this morning @SassyAshley .........sleepy is as sleepy does I suppose. My nightly sleep is rarely 1 stretch of 8 hours., ( shift worker influenced ) but between the 30 minute minimum to 2 hour " naps " I get in during the day it does add up to 8 hours in total. Experts may say this is unhealthy...oh well?
    So.....I climbed into bed by 3 a.m. expecting to get maybe 3 hours at most ( due to the previously mentioned napping ) but, at 8 a.m. my eyes opened. Let the day begin!
    Like you said when the body needs that extra sleep it takes it.

No major outings planned today. Blood work in the early a.m. on Monday, upon return I'll need to literally PUSH my guys out to cast their vote for Mayor. ( I voted early )
    Then a cut and colour hair appt. Tuesday and who knows what the rest of the week will bring?

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hung a load out on the line .

Hubby wants to stain our shed the same colour as the deck so he did one panel this morning and called it quits,as rain may come around 4.00 p.m

What to do vacuum or do a puzzle ? Maybe start a puzzle .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day! This is my 1st weekend not having to worry about getting DS to work and back home! I'm not quite use to it at all and am always making my schedule around his so this is something I will have to get use to!

Yesterday I wanted to go to Tanger Outlets but the heavy rain made me stop for breakfast off the highway. Brought home wings and a few pasta dishes so that is our meals the next few days. (so much food!) DS had 1/2 of the seafood pasta he likes at the wee early hours.

Tossed towels in the washer and then had a shower and headed out to RCSS and Walmart. Just wanted to roam the aisles and se if there were any deals. Our fridge is full so not buying groceries till Wednesday at least.

On Friday stopped at Costco on way back home from 3 day getaway. The Queen and King comforter sets that I saw at another Costco a few weeks ago on clearance for ($49.97 and $54.97) were marked down even more!! $24.97 and $29.97. (I'm wondering what reg price was. $99.99?)
    Anyway I grabbed 2 x Queen sets for the boys for Christmas. And King for mine. Will use as a spare. I couldn't leave it for that price. I also grabbed a few t-shirts and socks on sale/clearance. Think I did well for $123.00!

Now to get rolling on the housework I didn't do yesterday. (Cleaned the kitchen and then said the rest could wait till today!!)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

The top i bought for $4.00 at a reuse store was a linen tahari brand (which is a very good brand) so pleased with this top.

Was gonna whipper snip the back yard too hot .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It was another early day to drop DS2 off to work. Then I headed out to the lake to paddle board and I was on the water by 9 which is really early for me and I was glad to be done by 11 because wow it was getting busy. I need to finish cutting the lawn. I only managed to get it half down yesterday before the skies just opened up on me.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! An early start for me.

Clean dishes put away and a load of laundry started in the washer.
    Putting on my runners and heading to the town dock for coffee/fresh air and a walk!

Have a fantastic day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Had to get some tortillas yesterday for dinner so Dh and I decided to ride into town to get some and ended up doing a 16.4km ride . Oh and the tortillas were on sale

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped into RCSS on my way home this morning and PM'd Romaine.

So far this morning I have dealt with 90% of my emails (was off work last week)
    Made a pot of rice. Cooked up taco meat. Made breakfast.
    I took out BLSL chicken breasts from the freezer that I will grill later. Will grill veggies to go with my rice/chicken bowls.
    Will prep my lunch for work tomorrow.
    Off to hang the laundry to dry that I put on this morning.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did not want to get out of bed this morning but it is a work day and I have a lot I want to get done today so up I got.

Laundry is going, the second load is in the washer. Thinking I might also wash the couch blankets today and maybe the microfibre cloths.

Washed up some Strawberries I need to cut up. I did a little bit of prep yesterday but not full-on prep. Cut up some Cucumber and a part Pepper for veggies to add to meals and cut up my last package of Romaine. Will need to pick up more Romaine to get through the week as I had some waste with this package, one of the Romaine Hearts had some bad spots in the middle and lost quite a bit.

I was going to run and grab some this morning but they were calling for Thunder Storms so I did not go. We got a little bit of rain, rained for literally 5 minutes and stopped and now it is sunny, but the humidity has moved in. Really feel it when you come up from the basement it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Did not get a ton of stuff done yesterday, but I did clean up my work area, feels so much better to have it organized. I found some templates I needed to rework so I took a couple of hours yesterday and reworked the templates and organized some of the projects I am working on so I could jump right in today. But, at 7:30 today my schedule got flipped upside down but I am rolling with it switching things up and making it work.

Last night I had BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps and Mom had Wings for dinner, I am really trying to focus on taking better care of myself and a huge part right now is eating. It is so easy for me to skip meals especially when I am busy, it is like I know I need to eat but I keep saying "Oh, after I finish this," or "Just let me get this done," and before I know it, it is too late to eat.

Need to figure out dinner for tonight, I really want Creamy Pesto Gnocchi but every time I suggest it Mom makes a face so maybe pasta instead. Or I could make Lemon Chicken but feel like we have had a lot of rice lately.

Happy Monday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo I hit the weather jackpot! Was out since 7:45 a.m., took my umbrella in and out of the vehicle at each stop because as we know it will start to rain when you are inside the stores. Completed all the tasks I had scheduled, pulled back into my driveway by 10:30 ( ? ) as the first drops of rain came down. Now it's a torrential downpour with thunder boomers! @Frugalbigmama you may have to wait to hang those clothes out on the line....lol. @SassyAshley you were wise to postpone going out, I'm sure more rain will follow.

Did a very big NO NO at WMart. Inadvertently grabbed the ORGANIC raspberries in error but the cashier at the self serve line took me to her till to scan and cash out ( I felt so special ).
    But ya see? THAT act of kindness threw me off my game and I never checked the bloody receipt till I got home. CRINGE!! I paid $4.99 for that stupid tray....ha ha.
    I'll have to savour each and every berry.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

silly double post.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jun 26th, 2023 at 11:55 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    woo hoo I hit the weather jackpot! Was out since 7:45 a.m., took my umbrella in and out of the vehicle at each stop because as we know it will start to rain when you are inside the stores. Completed all the tasks I had scheduled, pulled back into my driveway by 10:30 ( ? ) as the first drops of rain came down. Now it's a torrential downpour with thunder boomers! @Frugalbigmama you may have to wait to hang those clothes out on the line....lol. @SassyAshley you were wise to postpone going out, I'm sure more rain will follow.

Did a very big NO NO at WMart. Inadvertently grabbed the ORGANIC raspberries in error but the cashier at the self serve line took me to her till to scan and cash out ( I felt so special ).
    But ya see? THAT act of kindness threw me off my game and I never checked the bloody receipt till I got home. CRINGE!! I paid $4.99 for that stupid tray....ha ha.
    I'll have to savour each and every berry.
    I hang it to dry in the laundry room and I have a rack in spare room We have thunder and rain now!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok I just folded 2 loads of towels. Just need to put them away.
    And make bed! Will make myself do both chores before I am allowing myself to eat lunch!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information