User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Wow! @SassyAshley you really hit a Home Run, caught the ball for a Touchdown and scored a Goal! Your plan B dinner was a challenge but seems it worked out great! ( sounded yummy too ).
    Oh boy.. @GeorgiaK that sounds like way too much aggravation while you are " at work ". Hope you catch a break.

Clearly by the calendar it's Tuesday but it doesn't feel like it yet. I was up too early maybe that's why? Started on another physiotherapy journey. More of an attempt to strengthen whatever I have left in the quads before doing knee replacement surgery. Getting assigned " homework " on my first visit there yesterday was the thing I forgot about. Stretches, reps, sets...all words I dislike. Here we go!
    Today is a new day! You got this!
    harbie, walkonby, GeorgiaK and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! The birds are chirping!!!

3 work days left till vacation! Feeling a little stressed as I need people to do their thing so I can do mine and somebody is off sick today! Out of my control so if I can't do certain things before I am off I can't stress about it. Hoping I can get it all done though.

Still packing- Have to deal with laundry still and unpack from Sunday night away. Whoops- I was suppose to do that yesterday and just didn't get to it.
    On my list today!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made my fav breakfast. Oatmeal with almond milk, walnuts, almonds and fresh blueberries. So good!!
    Will wash up the dishes in the sink and then the kitchen is clean.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So sorry for your loss @SassyAshley

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So sorry for your loss @SassyAshley

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I feel your pain @GeorgiaK being self employed can be so stressful and makes me wish I wasn’t working for myself at times.

Today is my “ complete my crazy to do list” day . Between work, taxes (still not completed), preparing life for my upcoming surgery and desperately trying to keep my own home clean and fully stocked for meals it’s a bit much at the minute. I’ve written a VERY detailed to do list and while it seems overwhelming I’m just tackling one job at a time and not stressing over it.

Fridge is cleaned and not much needed for groceries which is good because I didn’t see anything I needed or that was a good price. Next flyers I’m hoping for some great deals on veg like sweet potatoes specifically.

The other day DH finally found and purchased a pair of dress shoes. He found 2 pairs but only bought one and they were on for $99 which is good for a very common pair of Clark’s . On thing off his list of new clothes needed and only a million more to go .

The dryer called me so hope everyone has a great day. Then I’m off for a walk in the sunshine since it snowed yesterday and thankfully it’s gone now….

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Took my friend to timmies and treated her to lunch -she had a roast beef sandwich and coffee i had chicken soup(which gave me heartburn so i wont buy that again) cost $15.00 not bad .

Then she said ohh lets go that store "rooms and spaces" well there was paper on the door and a sign -closed jan 27/24 due to tenant no paying their rent -closed by landlord.Well that was only in there about 5 months i think.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , interesting on the Rooms and Spaces, ours also closed for unpaid rent. It was funny (not that they closed but) I was in Costco earlier that day and saw the store coming out and thought I really have not heard much about them since they opened and later that night my Bro shared an article that they had closed.

Step-Mom went in and said it was nothing special.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So grateful for dental coverage, just a cleaning and the x-ray was over $300.00 yesterday, but nice to to have that my very long to do list.
    I need to post a bunch of stuff to give away. Our wonderful pup passed away a month ago and I have been procrastinating but its time to gift his stuff. The kids are keeping a few things but we have no immediate plans for a new dog so someone else can love the stuff, I have a friend that can use all the food and snacks so I will drop the stuff to her on the weekend.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hugs @lilo0003 . For us it’s been 2.5 years and I still have all Harley’s things with the exception of his food but I still have his food/water bowls and the scoopers. I have packed one of his beds away and the other is in the closet (he had a weird fixation with being in he closet). You just do what is best for you.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , so sorry for your family's loss.
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Was in a branch today to work with two staff members but only one was in so making it work. One of our suppliers was in and bought us lunch, nice treat.

I was going to run into No Frills on the way home grab a few odds and ends, we need Garlic, Hot Dog buns and a few other things (I have a list in my phone, what would I do without my phone LOL). But decided I did not feel like stopping. I will check the flyers tomorrow and see if I want to run out tomorrow or wait for the new flyers to start.

I might have to head to an out of town branch later in the week and originally I was going to go into Costco that night but since I went on the weekend I might just grocery shop my home, depending on the flyers and who has the best deals. It is usually my luck when I am working out of town and have more options my local store has the best deals LOL.

Tonight dinner is Homemade Mac & Cheese, Baked Sausage and Broccoli.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@lilo0003 ikwym, you're facing reality wrt your furbaby's absence way better than us. We still have all of Rufus and Murphy's adorable sweaters, ( even their Maple Leaf jerseys! ) various vaccination tags attached to their collars ( which they only ever wore when going for a walk ). They were both gone before the pandemic.....and I suppose someday I'll pass the clothing on, just not yet.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks everyone. We are taking some of the dog stuff with us to NS as my brother has two dogs and they hang out with us a lot so it will make me smile to see the two small dogs share his bed or drink from his dishes (which I had saved from our past pups). Some pieces are being shipped just for us to store until one of the kids gets a pet, he had the most gorgeous ceramic Christmas bowl that we must save for future furry babies.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    Today did not go as planned.

Received a message from my Step-Mom my Great Uncle who lives in Germany had passed away. Everyone except my step-mom (she has a cold) went over this afternoon to have Cake and Coffee with Opa and tell him. We weren't sure what sort of day Opa was having and how he would react to the news, since his accident he has been talking about going to Germany to visit his brother but hasn't had the strength.

I do have to say Opa has made great improvement since December when I saw him last. He is now able to walk with a walker alone and he much more lucid. Today he was telling use stories and talking and interacting with us which he wasn't doing much of in December. Just before Christmas his main caregiver and her family went home for a visit and some of the help we had did not push him. Now that he has his normal crew of caregivers back they are pushing him and it is helping.

Before I went to Opa's I did get a few house things done, fridge is cleaned out, emptied and scrubbed the veggie drawer. Cut up the old cucumbers, some peppers we need to use up, packaged some green onions, packaged the celery. I do still have some strawberries and the two bag of cucumbers to wash. I took some garbage from the basement out, as well as the kitchen garbage and recycling. Emptied and partially reloaded the dishwasher.

I do still need to give the floors a good scrub, clean the bathroom, and do the hand dishes, hoping to get this done tomorrow. I tried to get as much done as I could today because I know it is going to be a busy week.

Now time for dinner, didn't get home until 7:30 so Blueberry Dutch Baby it is.
    @SassyAshley so sorry for your loss . ((((HUGS))))

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information