User Tag List

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thank you all for the good vacation wishes! Finished all my work! Was able to pop out and get more groceries for DS (he is capable but cheap lol)
    Want to make sure he has everything he needs so picked up more eggs/bread/English muffins/wraps and some other things.
    Washing my water bottle now and that should be the last thing I need to pack.
    Had to go to the bank for work so checked if they had $1 US bills and they did so grabbed some so now I don't have to worry about getting change.

Ready to roll!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I enjoyed reading all the exciting posts here! ( I'll be living vicariously through the traveling @Frugalbigmama !! ) I love the way you prep and plan. Ready, set Go on your trip!
    Also with @coupon girl , your DD and Sebastain taking off on their March Break adventure!
    Shall I mention the stored pee? @ harbie ? Oh but darn it all to dropping your I-pad. I have many Butterfinger moments and I just shake my head every time I drop another thing.

So my contribution today on the frugal thread was the kind that gives me a cheap personal high! I was at WM at 7 a.m. really to get their flyer to PM with, BUT....I mean who could pass up a dozen large eggs at $2.64 each, I got 4 dozen. And the Marc Angelo Souvlaki? I bought 2 @ $7.87.
    Then when I saw the receipt I giggled! SCOP!! Eggs went through at $3.87 each and the souvlaki went through @ $12.97!! My refund was $25.63 ( The SCOP's were 1 free butter and $10.00 off one of the souvlaki ) I always think of the customers that never check their receipts.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby -great deal on the scoops at walmart.

We watched the girls tonight and we were singing karaoke.Ashlyn sang a taylot swift sont ,cara sang alisha keys -this girl is on fire and i sang to papa "Your still the one"Shania Twain .Man i dont have a single tune in my body but ashlyn the oldest said "pretty good nana ".

Little cara said i will miss you next week nana(we have the week off) as son is off again on holidays.You are the best nana ever is what i got told to me tonight .Ahhhhh
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Thank you everyone. I have been super busy with work this week but my Dad got cleared to Drive again last week (he had surgery in January) so he was going to come and spent 2 to 3 days this week with Opa.

Oh my gosh this week is kicking my butt, which I kind of knew it would. I did not get as much done around the house on the weekend and my work schedule has been so busy by the time I am done with work I am done.

I was training in one location Tuesday/Wednesday, was supposed to be two trainees but only had one. Then yesterday I was in a different location showing staff how to handle one of the specialty areas I used to cover but they are going to take over.

My plan was to shop my way home I needed to go to RCSS, Wal-Mart, Food Basics and No Frills but I was in the branch later than expected so I dropped Wal-Mart. But after I got out of RCSS I got an email that there was a meeting I had to attend so I had hoped to still make it to Food Basics but realized nope, no time. I got home 10 minutes before the meeting had to unpack my car (why did I buy all heavy groceries LOL) got the fridge stuff in and logged into the meeting 2 minutes early.

After my meeting I was discussing Dinner with Mom and she suggested let's just order Pizza and I said "Ok, let's I am too tired." I was so done last night but I am also too cheap to pay the $15 delivery so I went to pick it up. Before I grabbed the Pizza I ran into No Frills and got what we needed there.

There still are a few things I want to pick up but will see about making it to Walmart and Food Basics next week. Right now my house needs a lot of attention so that will be my focus once I am done work.

I did get a few good deals I will share a little bit later, I still kind of feel like I am in a bit of brain fog this morning so working is a little bit of a challenge.

I do have my bedding started, will grab Mom's, my goal for today is to get both sets of bedding done and then I need to do regular laundry but I can be honest, that won't happen today. Next I need to start on the Kitchen, the dishwasher needs to be emptied and reloaded, we ran it before dinner last night, I think there are a few hand dishes plus anything that did not need to go into the fridge is on the kitchen floor.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning my daughter got her last night at 9.30 with sebastian ,so it was hi and off to bed for them .

They woke up at 4.00 a.m and were off -i said bye have a great trip .

Just doing laundry today and relaxing .Gonna try and go for a walk.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I enjoyed reading all the exciting posts here! ( I'll be living vicariously through the traveling @Frugalbigmama !! ) I love the way you prep and plan. Ready, set Go on your trip!
    Also with @coupon girl , your DD and Sebastain taking off on their March Break adventure!
    Shall I mention the stored pee? @ harbie ? Oh but darn it all to dropping your I-pad. I have many Butterfinger moments and I just shake my head every time I drop another thing.

So my contribution today on the frugal thread was the kind that gives me a cheap personal high! I was at WM at 7 a.m. really to get their flyer to PM with, BUT....I mean who could pass up a dozen large eggs at $2.64 each, I got 4 dozen. And the Marc Angelo Souvlaki? I bought 2 @ $7.87.
    Then when I saw the receipt I giggled! SCOP!! Eggs went through at $3.87 each and the souvlaki went through @ $12.97!! My refund was $25.63 ( The SCOP's were 1 free butter and $10.00 off one of the souvlaki ) I always think of the customers that never check their receipts.

@walkonby congrats on successfully getting a scope.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Got my new iPad set up and ready to go…….

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Picked up 3x bags of bread and buns abandoned on the roadside
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Last week kicked my butt and yesterday was just the icing on the cake.

The morning was good, I was knocking out work stuff I was washing the bedding, got Mom off to her appointment, everything was flowing and then it wasn't. Mom got home and was in a ton of pain, I know the physio will help long term but right now when she gets home is in so much pain. I got her in house got her settled and made lunch.

Well doing this things kind of blew up at work, all of a sudden things just starting flying in. Then well having lunch Mom remembered she forgot to pick up her pills. After lunch I had everything up to date at work so I ran out to get her pills, walked over the Giant Tiger in the next plaza over and grabbed a bag of Romaine and then put gas in my car. I am not sure if it is my Giant Tiger but I always hear people rave about shopping there but I do not know, the romaine was disappointing most of the bags were half empty, yes they had 3 heads but they were so small and already going bad. I did find a decent bag so only grabbed one but maybe I need to try a different store.

Got home finished my day, Mom slept most of the afternoon but at like 5:30 I was making the beds, no plans for dinner so we ended up having leftover Mac & Cheese at like 7 last night.

My house is a disaster I was hoping to get the bathroom and floors done yesterday but that did not happen because I ended up working late, I had 4 things that had to be done after we closed last night as I needed everyone out of the system.

I really need to find some ambition. We are under a heavy rain warning and it has been raining since I got up and my ambition matches this grey gloomy day. Thinking I will pull a whole chicken and make Dutch Oven Roast Chicken tonight it seems like a nice comfort meal, bonus it is one pot.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped over to shoppers for sale items todays spent 77 but got back 30,000 points -yes i won the top prize .It was either 20,000 or 30,000 and i let 2 people go before me as their was only one cashier -she said i hope you get the 30,000 i did.lol

Got my 4 no name butter 4.99-1200 points=4.69 each
    (3) kellogs cereal 4.49-spent 10 on various cereal get 2,500 points-2.00 cpn=1.65 each
    plus bread was on for 2.49
    peanut butter kraft was 5.98-1,000 in store points =4.98

plus a few various other specials

My old navy order came in one top fits $3.13 cant beat that price and the lux top is soo big i should have gotten a large but i will wear it to bed as it was $4.17 ,the dress for little miss cara is so cute and $15.00 wasnt bad ,have all the easter clothing for the grandkids bought.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Mar 9th, 2024 at 11:58 AM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning. Loving my new non cracked iPad

No rain yet…… but it’s super windy. Hopefully no power outages today.

About to strip the bedding, already washed and dried the towels, washed all the lower kitchen cabinets/baseboards/kick plates and pantry door. The appliances are washed and just need a polish to make them sparkle.

Dh and I are hitting up Costco this afternoon and NF for a few veggies so I need to do my list. Oh ya, I have to make a bank deposit too.

One of Dh’s brothers ( the only step sibling he’s “ close to”) wants to plan a trip to visit Dh’s biological brother and make a family get together out of it at the end of May but I’m not into making plans right now with my upcoming surgery. I’m sure it will be fine but I’m not wanting to plan anything in case it’s longer than expected to get it taken care of. Not putting all my eggs in one basket if ya know what I mean.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday and weekend and handles the time change well, I know I won’t

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I also popped into shoppers. I was not as lucky as @coupongirl but I did find the mangos my son loves on clearance for 25% off. The best before was 2025 and the guy stocking suggested it was an error but said I was wise to stock up. That made it easy to hit the $60.00 spend.
    Picked up my repaired Birkenstocks. Not cheap but still less than a new pair and better for the environment. I will admit I do have 3 pairs of the same style and colour. Last summer I found a pair on clearance which is unheard of especially at $69.00. I could not pass them up as my preferred style runs about $140.00.
    I also took all the empty makeup containers I have been saving to the Bay. The goal was just to recycle but the 3000 HBC points was a nice surprise.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got $2.51 back on my credit card for cara,s dress for easter from old navy as it went cheaper $12.49 -gotta love when i call and they do that.I thought they gave up this practice of adjusting the bill .

Lilo -3,000 points from HBC for beauty containers .I did this back in sept and i am saving a few more to do another time .I thought the lady that inputted mine said this was ending glad to hear its not.Wow wish my shoppers had mangos ,we use to have pears but no more (maybe people were not buying them up)Lilo- i think it was karma why i got the 30,000 at shoppers for letting 2 people go ahead of me and they had lottery tickets to buy also.

My daughter gave me 3 pairs and 2 oranges and a lemon as she said they will be bad before i get back next week (nice of her to share)

Her job is very demanding and when she has to leave to pick sebastian up she goes back online at night -some nights .When i visit her about once a month i do her laundry for her and put it away .The other night she said "mom if you lived here i would pay you $60 a month to do my laundry " i laughed and said i would do it for nothing.lol

I dont know how she does it somedays with having a 7 year old ,she has to go into the office 3 days a week also .Good thing her and her ex can juggle the schedule some times .

I called my cousin who lives in las vegas this afternoon had a nice long chat .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Mar 9th, 2024 at 07:18 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Around 6am this morning, I heard the heavy rain come down. Was waiting through last night for it and any rain was light. Hade a few long branches come down, so I collected them after supper as snow is likely tomorrow. With the colder temperature, breakfast will be another round of oatmeal with spices and brown sugar and a mug of tea (just like today) on Sunday. Depending on how wet or dry the snow is in the morning, I may venture out to the ATM to see if my Carter's order funds were extracted as I am still waiting on a notice that the online part of order is ready to pick up with the instore item, and to pop into Shoppers for Easter treats and clearance deals. I did not get most of the grocery flyers this week, so I am grateful I can look at the early previews on SC and also on websites.

Seems another relatively quiet week for chain store gift card deals. Don't forget to check any other loyalty or app programs for member deals on gift card discounts.

Tonight I put the two clocks in the kitchen ahead an hour and put my alarm clock ahead. The laptop and tv and Bro's devices will all update on their own tomorrow morning. Mom and Bro still have clocks in their cars to adjust.

Aside from laundry loads in the washer or dryer, I've only been washing dishes after each beverage or meal or snack. Seems I'm the only one emptying the dish rack but I know it's grand to have it look at least half empty or wholly empty to get the next person with dishes to crack on with their washing up.

Mom attended the Memorial Saturday service today and visited the cemetery afterwards. When she came home, she let on that the weather is affecting her and she needed a rest after lunch.

I started watching the Priscilla movie on Prime and can't seem to get into it 10min in (I will finish watching it as parts were filmed in Ancaster last spring). Then I watched Jennifer Lopez's This is Me Now-it gave me Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation vibes plus a shoutout to Tom Cruise's motorcycle ride in Top Gun 2 but with her and Ben instead. Ben is also wearing a wig in a different role. If you saw him in Air,he's wearing a blond wig in that film as well as in this documentary *but it's not a permed look this time.* Also watched The Expats episode one.

Has anyone signed up for the $1.99 Disney+ offer that ends on March 13? I looked online for season 5 news on The Kardashians-it returns in late May 2024. Aside from Shogun, I want to find out if there's a Hulu Japan documentary on Namie Amuro's final year touring as a singer before she retired showing on Disney+ in Canada.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

5 of the remaining lemons (bonus was they had organic stickers, rare find at Fortinos on the reduced produce racks-6 for $2.49) finally got juiced, though I could only zest two lemons that had fairly intact and unblemished skins. The Oxo tray is filled with juice to freeze and I have a small container of zest for any baking next week or to brighten up rice cooking on the stovetop. I had cookie or loaf baking ideas but just could not get out the mixing bowls after I was done with the lemons. Best outcomes are when I am alone in the kitchen and the cooking or baking aromas get the others up later (and I have had my first tea of the day ready or sipped).

The $5 family apparel (per item or accessory) sale at the surplus store had lots of interest with the female shoppers yesterday. I spent at least an hour trying to get down to the front of the big boxes and there's more to see when the stacks of stuff sell down. I did spot 3prs of large size navy blue (a darker shade that is nice) of maternity leggings in one mixed apparel box. Either Amazon essentials or realessentials brand. BTW, there are baby FIFA World Cup 2022 onesies at the apparel sale as I found two styles plus shirts for toddlers.

I'll check the fridge crispers for veggies to roast in the morning and use up. As I'm out of frozen veggies, roasted veggies on a cold day are always appealing to have on hand.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information