User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Ciel21 I watched the whole series on Expats. It was tragically good, I cried plenty!

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I watched expat also ,found it really good.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I woke up at 5:30 this morning but just couldn't get out of bed. I am so tired lately, might be time for another sleep reset, I do not know what it is but I just cannot fall asleep at night even if I am exhausted I just don't fall asleep. This leads to me wanting/needing to sleep in, in the morning because I am girl who needs her 8 hours to function.

I am up, the PVR is set for the week, I have a batch of Peanut Butter Blossom Bars in the oven, I will give Dad half as his Bday gift. I was going to make Homemade Peanut Butter Bars (they are supposed to be a Reese's copycat) but since I have not made them before I decided today was not the day. I just know mentally I would not handle them not working out and having to come up with a plan b.

It keeps trying to snow but so far it is not sticking and I hope that continues, not going to lie, do not want to shovel or clean the cars. But I think tomorrow we are the pluses again and then more rain later in the week.

I honestly feel like I need the world to stop spinning for a week so I can try to catch up on all of the things. I just feel like everywhere I go again there are things I need to get done and I am feeling overwhelmed. It is hard being the one working full-time plus the one who has to do all the running around/errands and the one trying to keep up with the house.

I felt really bad this week, I went to clean the bathtub and Mom had some stuff in their to hand wash so my plan was to do it later and I forgot. Mom tried to clean it got it about 75% but was then in so much pain for the rest of the day. Also on Friday I washed her bedding and when she got home from Physio she wanted to go to bed but her sheets were in the basement. It is not her fault but it is so hard because it seems like there is just more and more she cannot do it and I feel like I cannot keep on top of it. Then last night we were watching TV and she pointed out if we spent less time watching TV we could get more done and I am sure it was an innocent comment but it made me feel guilty that I am not getting more done.

Yeah, I am in a funk, I am feeling so far out of my routines and just feel like I cannot get back on track. I know the next few weeks at work are going to be busy, I have 3 cross trainings I need to get done and 1 new staff member which is my job and fine. The only thing is when I am this busy the house suffers because by the time I am done work I am done and on weekends my body wants to do nothing and honestly, I have been giving in. But time to get my butt in gear and see what I can get done.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy you cant do it all ,take time to relax and recharge.

My daughter and sebastian are enjoying the sun ,cant wait to hear about their trip when she gets back next week.
    harbie, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , thank you.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So not a fan of daylight saving time, I so did not want to get up this morning and now I am back to getting up in the dark, UGH.

Yesterday was Dad's Bday, Step-Mom made dinner, we were told not to bring anything just ourselves so we were not sure what was for dinner, it was Lasagna, Garlic Bread and Caesar Salad. I took Dad some Peanut Butter Blossoms Bars.

Before I left I did get most of my prep done which made me happy. I still have some lettuce to package but I will do that soon.

Today I am doing Laundry and I need to clean the bathroom, I was hoping to get it done yesterday but I ran out of time before I had to leave.

Tonight's Dinner will be Butter Chicken in the Slow Cooker, I have the Chicken in the fridge marinating in yogurt and spices. It only take 4 to 5 hours to cook so I will pop it in the slow cooker at lunch time. We love Butter Chicken but it is hard to find a recipe without Coconut Milk in it but I found one. we can buy the VH Sauce as they do not use Coconut but the last couple of times we have found it very spicy.

On the side I will serve Broccoli as I have some fresh Broccoli to use up. Also I might add some Mushrooms to the Slow Cooker to bulk it up a little bit and I have a lot of Mushrooms. We had an older pack I grabbed for Mom to make something she did not use them but I thought they were past their prime but Mom sorted them yesterday and we only lost 4 mushrooms so now I have 2 of the 680g Naturally Imperfect packs to use.

Happy Monday Everyone.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good Monday morning all.

Happily we got out of Costco on Saturday for just over $100( I think $108???) but will be under when DH returns a pair of jeans that were too big. NF was $70 plus 5600 in points. Now we’re stocked up.

Yesterday was a chill kinda day. We went to a nursery and I had them repot my orchid that my mom and dad gave us in 2020 for our anniversary. I also had the plant that our vet gave us when Harley passed repotted in a bigger one. The kiddo outgrew his pot . It was at the same business our vet ordered it from and they did a great job.

I could have spent $$$$$$$ in there. Oh how stunning the plants and orchid arrangements were . They would only charge me for the soil used if I had my own pot but I didn’t so after 2 larger pots, soil and labour it was $48. Money well spent in my opinion. They both look so happy now. Yes, I know I’m weird.

Dh has his RMT this morning and then we have to get diesel before my workout live class this morning. Nothing much else except maybe I can talk him into feeding my duckies today .

It's cold (7 degrees) and rainy today but by Saturday it’s going to hit 20!

Enjoy the day everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -you are not weird in anyway.Wow 20 degrees on sat ,we are getting to 7 degrees today.

Took hubbys sister to her appt,but she wrote it down wrong its next week.I was in giant tiger i bought her a t-shirt and myself $8.00 each and paid for her spagetti sauce and pasta .Then before dropping her off we went into the mall and had lunch i got a 2.99 mama burger or was it a teen burger ,free rootbeer with coupons of course and she said she would like new york fries .They are expensive but hey it a treat she is on a disability pension .

Then dropped her off and i am home to do laundry .lol Take in a walk also.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Harbie -you are not weird in anyway.Wow 20 degrees on sat ,we are getting to 7 degrees today.

Took hubbys sister to her appt,but she wrote it down wrong its next week.I was in giant tiger i bought her a t-shirt and myself $8.00 each and paid for her spagetti sauce and pasta .Then before dropping her off we went into the mall and had lunch i got a 2.99 mama burger or was it a teen burger ,free rootbeer with coupons of course and she said she would like new york fries .They are expensive but hey it a treat she is on a disability pension .

Then dropped her off and i am home to do laundry .lol Take in a walk also.
    @coupon girl , that's a nice lunch for you and your hubby's sister. The Mama burger and the Teen burger are tasty, and usually expensive. wtg. And then, free root beer. You get today's frugal chatter prize, IMHO

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes shwa girl this burger at A&W was 6.89 reg for 2.99 with the coupon a savings of 3.90 and she let me have the free rootbeer with the coupon -even thou you are only suppose to use one coupon per visit.

Gotta use those coupons when having the odd fast food.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Imagine my surprise when I played around with postal codes on a flyer site online and found out East Hamilton/Stoney Creek SCers have a Taco Bell coupon card posted online! LUCKY! It does not show when I use Ancaster postal codes. Also no Taco Bell mailers have surprised me lately in the mailbox. 2024, get me those coupon mailers!

Made up gluten-free muffins from a mix and I can only say they tasted like plain almond biscotti. Not keen on the sweetness level-too rich. I wanted something easy to make today as Saturday, I just could not get past the baking idea into actually pulling out mixing supplies and ingredients. Yardwork-postponed to tomorrow unless high winds do materialize. I have a half bag of branches I can put out for collection in the morning.

Other ideas for week-make a batch of spicy cookies or a quick loaf; finish watching Wonka movie on Crave (Bro got it this month) and figure out a short sewing project. I really want to find some vinyl flooring options to suggest to Mom for spring. One spot in the dining area floor is coming apart readily (40yr vinyl) and the flooring needs replacing before we can even think to replace the dining table with a sturdier one and better chairs (ideally a find from a secondhand store). There's plenty of dusting and some walls in need of washing to act upon.

Have a postal office errand for the morning and quick trip to the library for newspaper catchup. Have to see what's become of my online order -no word yet.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Came across mention of 50% off kids' clothing at Salvation Army this Thursday. Check social media for local store information.

We will still have a few snowy/chilly days in the next two weeks but the warmer days might need spring jackets for outdoor fun or work or summer heat.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    UGH, I feel like Daylight Saving time is getting worse instead of better, I so did not want to get up today.

Trying to get through the work things, today has been insane between emails and phone calls I have not even looked at my to-do list.

Ran the dishwasher last night so need to empty that today, bathroom still needs to be cleaned, floors need to be done so no lack of things that need to get done.

Going to try to talk Mom into making BBQ Sauce today as I am thinking Chicken Tenders for Dinner but if not, the backup plan is a Pork Tenderloin.

Last night we had the Slow Cooker Butter Chicken, the Chicken was really good but the sauce was disappointing, it tasted like it was missing something. But I did not realize when I first read the recipe it lists all of these spices but most of them are to marinate the chicken and then you scrap the yogurt off to cook it. But the actual sauce only had Cumin and Paprika. I am not giving up on the recipe yet as the chicken was OH MY but it needs some tweaking.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -raking the back and made a lemon pie -it turned out beautifull.

I ordered a summer dress from the gap for me it is a midi with eyelet hem -i had 3 discounts on all 3 items 20%-40% and my extra 10% for a problem i had.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found a dropped 7-11 hoagie sandwich. Nice snack.

Also found a can of Italian wedding soup dropped at a bus stop. Who needs RCSS when I can just shop bus stops?
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information