User Tag List

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Ok, I have to ask @HermanH . Do you actually pick things up off the streets or is it just your waif saying it was on clearance or reduction???? I’m a bit scared to ask

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Ok, I have to ask @HermanH . Do you actually pick things up off the streets or is it just your waif saying it was on clearance or reduction???? I’m a bit scared to ask
    I actually find unopened packages of food and cans on the street. Except for a few scratches from when they were probably dropped in haste while running/waiting for the bus, they are undamaged and unopened. Anything open, gets tossed into the nearest trash bin. Otherwise, I treat it as 'manna from heaven'.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Feels like I am starting to adjust to daylight savings time, was up at 6 this morning.

Working on getting all of the work things done, yesterday was not my day, it took a lot of force to focus and get through yesterday.

Still have a bunch of cleaning to get done, UGH, I am so out of routines and it is becoming overwhelming, I know I just need to push through and get it done but getting start is the hard part.

Thinking I might run out and grab a few deals that are ending today. Will take a look at next week's sale and see which are better.

I might have to take a trip to Michael's, I need some light pink yarn to make some Easter Eggs, I wanted to grab the no name brand but it isn't showing on the app and I swear I saw it last time I was there. Maybe see if I can get Mom to go with me to get her out of the house.

Mom did make BBQ Sauce yesterday so dinner was Homemade Chicken Tenders, tonight, I am not sure yet, I was thinking the Pork Tenderloin but not sure I am feeling Potatoes so we will see.

Happy Wednesday.
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning went for an early morning 20 minute fast walk ,gonna try to do another tonight.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Done work, walk to feed my ducks again (man I love my little Limpy guy), now to make dinner while it’s still light out! Loving the brighter skies at the end of the day.

One more work day for me

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's something to be said for allowing time to adjust to DST. I stayed up late, could not get brain to shut off around 4am. I did manage to fall asleep eventually then I woke up; it was about 9am. Today, I am bobbing for sleep around noon and now. Think I will take the hint and go to bed.
    @SassyAshley commit tomorrow to your day off/fun night after work. It's pjs and leftovers and no chores time or eat dinner and go to bed time (after you do your yarn store run). Since your days and weekends run into each other, force a "me-time" or "movie with Mom" date to break up the week and get some relaxation in. I believe you will just be glad to step off the to-dos and into "yahoo."

I will give credit to ladybugs, ants and other critters-they are keen to stir but they are going to get cold-shocked very soon by changing temperatures. Ms. Sunshine was such a stunner today.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Done work, walk to feed my ducks again (man I love my little Limpy guy)
    Neighbour passed last week and little bags of bird-seed were handed out at his funeral for attendees to take home and feed the little birds in his honour. I thought it was a nice touch.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Neighbour passed last week and little bags of bird-seed were handed out at his funeral for attendees to take home and feed the little birds in his honour. I thought it was a nice touch.
    That's what I want done for me too. Also NO flowers or plants only donations to my favourite animal charities

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Last day of the week for me today .

Not needing much this week shopping wise except Nextmilk and maybe I’ll PM the sweet potatoes from WM if they don’t look good but that’s it. Yay, a cheap week!

The plan after work is to wash our bikes and prep them for riding on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a sunny and great weekend!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh my goodness i put an order into the gap the other day (trying not to spend as much with my dentist bill up and coming)but i got a light lavender tank dress (which is ribbed)and the bottom is cotton with eyelet hem and pockets listen to the price i paid

84.95 reg on for 50.00 i had 3 discounts -one was given to me for getting a defective item -i paid $36.00 so nice i havent bought a summer dress in years .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

RCSS had 2x deep dish pie shells for $2.88 each

Walked outside and found a bag of naan bread someone had dropped.

Walked across the street and came across a massive and beautiful golden apple abandoned on the median.
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday kicked my butt, I had to go into a branch to discuss an "issue" and try to come up with a resolve. I decided to grab a few groceries on my way home. I am happy with what I got but had to go to multiple stores to get the deals I wanted.

My big stop ended up being at Wal-Mart but there were also a few things I just grabbed because I was at Wal-Mart and to be honest, I never go to Wal-Mart anymore. They are the only place I can find Sugar Free Halls, none of our other stores have Sugar Free (well SDM does but ), Mom needed more nail Stuff so I grabbed that as Wal-Mart was cheaper than Amazon. I have found Wal-Mart has the best price/quality for Buns (RCSS is slightly cheaper, I think like $0.50) but there Buns are almost too soft, they kind of fall apart and become mushy if your making a sandwich ahead of time.

Also ran into Food Basics, got Heavy Whipping Cream, Yogurt and Strawberries. My latest Breakfast Obsession is Vanilla Yogurt with Almond Butter and Strawberries.

At Freshco I grabbed Eggs and Clementines.

I have to admit Food Basics and Freshco did not have the best quality of produce, I had to dig to find decent produce and even then as soon as I got home one clementine went in the garbage. Wal-Mart was actually better, there I got Grapes and Sweet Potatoes.

I am so happy it is Friday but the to-do list today is real and it has to be done before I can start my weekend so I am trying my best to stay focused and hoping nothing weird and wonderful lands on my desk today.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went over to sobeys today for just luncheon meat and watermelon quarter 2.99 as ashlyn is sleeping over.

Well did i luck out they had 4 clearance tables of items they were not carrying anymore and there was about 8 of us men and women around this table i got

chicken bouillon 2.00 a container
    (4) hefty garbage bags 16 2.00 each
    (2) method dish soap 2.00 each
    (3) ivory dish soap 2.00 each
    (2) creamy organic tomato soup in a carton 2.00 each
    (1) lavessta coffee 4.00 small bag
    finish dish tabs 21's 4.00
    quauntum dish tabs 20's 4.00
    sensodyne toothpaste 2.00

so happy with all my stockup prices of clearance items -i may share a few with my son and daughter.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good Morning! ( yeah it's afternoon now but I've been hopping about since 6 a.m. )
    Got in and out of the dealership just past 8:30 a.m. with an oil change and a flush of the power steering fluid ( I was told it was needed? ).
    Then over to WM for a some deals. Canned whipped cream has been bonkers in price for a long while, so when WM has Gay Lea on for $2.98,
    that's a sale. I took 3 cans. The 4 packs of Oikos Greek
    fruit on the bottom yogurt was 3/$10.00, Betty Crocker cake mixes 3/$5.00 and Ataulfo
    mangoes @97 cents a piece.

Took things easy once I got back.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reading @SassyAshley 's Walmart adventure reminds me to head out to WM for a couple of things myself plus a few groceries ASAP tonight. The rain is coming and I'd like some other food options in the morning. At least my taco seasoning, sale beef broth and rice made for an early dinner but I need to quit stalling and start walking!

Managed to get laundry going in the afternoon and take out garbage here and there as I come across containers that need emptying. Just no zip to get any wall or window washing done today.

Two realtor flyers were in the mail to keep the Giant Tiger flyer and letter mail company. Guess GT is not keeping up with the Raddar flyer bundle service? Have not seen the Flyer FOrce bundle for two weeks either.

Baby merchandise is going down in various lines and quantities on the Indigo site. Some deals can be had but if stock is not online to ship, you may discover very few or no stores in the larger search area have stock. I discovered a gift registry last night and a couple of items are not allowing me to click on them so they are sold out or gone. Managed to find two items on a store site I don't check enough but I'll wait and see on prices changing.

Last word-one newsletter stated that Amazon is having a Big Spring Sale on March 20, with Prime members getting advance notice. Get your wish lists updated in case something you want is part of the sale...Amazon has not e-mailed me about any sale yet. Off I go to big box Walmart.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information