User Tag List

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yay-Walmart's Pen + Gear multipurpose copy paper is $4.98 (stationery/pen supply aisle). Got one package, 2 Mio water enhancers, bandages and no finds on the meagre (less than 1/4 of the stuff I saw about one week ago) clearance racks. Back rack(s) have been replaced by a shelving unit. Forgot to see if there was a rack on one side of photo kiosks-I turned in the opposite direction instead.

Managed to spot a 8-pk of Bic Atlantis pens (blue) and I thought "score, these are made in France." Wrong-they are made in Tunisia so I assume Bic moved production from France ahead of the rebrand from Atlantis to Glide for the pens last spring. Sigh. $9.92 for the blue ones; black pens are available online. At least 3 checkout lanes were open, an improvement over usually seeing 2 available after 6pm (I was shopping well after 7pm).

Went to Winners for about 10min to look at toddler, baby and older kid apparel. Assortment tends to skew towards sports branded stuff or very fussy clothing. Not much in the middle of the pack. Baby accessories section has been redone-one third of pegged area is now replaced by shelving for the large storage/laundry totes. Clearance is back on endcap while the shelves on back wall-half of area is the smaller book area and other half is extra toys. The old book area (about 3 shelves) is now for larger toys, stuffies or sporting things. Did not find any greeting cards on clearance. Did spot Hello Kitty themed note pads in stationery and also in the greeting card/impulse area on the outside of the maze to cash. Also saw one Western themed note pad with "HOWDY" printed at the top and a boot image. Was surprised to see two Ricardo kitchenware items, then I thought it's likely stock from Linen Chest as that chain has the most Ricardo items for sale compared to Kitchen Stuff Plus. Mixing bowls with lids $18.99; a small 7"? grey silicone bake pan was $7.99 I think. I have only seen a couple of Ricardo towels come through this location in 2021 or late 2020. Blink and you miss them. Lots of pretty floral or botanical prints Samantha Pynn kitchen towels are in the towel area of the store; did see a coordinating floral tablecloth and napkins sold separately with regular prices but for some reason ditched on one clearance endcap. Also more dish drying mats *likely from KSP.* Front of store had a bunny themed table of display decor items and pastel dishes near the entrance. Plus a bunny theme card area in greeting cards.

Longos-$3.44 for a Longos spinach and garlic pizza. Took one; spotted a $2.94 caramel KitKat bar on clearance (had I known that the caramel was essential like the size of coarse sea salt grains embedded in the Kit Kat sections, I'd have left it as eating the chocolate was a workout for my teeth-sounded like I was eating pop rocks without the POP effect) but left the Laura Secord Signature chocolates (salted caramel?) for $6 something on the shelf. Got sliced bread, orange juice and olives (store brand) and two copies of the magazine. Noticed that store has 3 of its shopping carts in stock (two are ontop of an endcap and one is by the cafe seating). It's been a very long time since I have seen the carts in the store-cashier told me they are selling quickly and stock was recently brought in. I did not check the price but I will like to try to save my present cart's wheel with an axle fix first. Not ready to buy a new cart just yet.

Clearance clothing-very few things but Mexx satin jumpsuits in black or dark green are listed for $5 each. Sizing may vary. Used to list for $44.99...Noticed 2 of the price checking units are either out of order or flash a Please see a sales associate message when grocery item is scanned. Not very useful.

Not so thrilling discovery this week-both of my shoes are starting to tear away (just over an inchat the sole seam on the outer edges as of Monday. Grr not more than 4 months of wear! The holes are not fully through to the inside but the mesh is obviously under strain and it does not help the shoes are a size smaller than what I normally wear. Will take a look to see if the same model of shoes might be available for APril but it''s not pressing.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have to laugh at how my half asleep brain works at times. Yesterday I was so excited it was Friday, I was ready for the weekend but I woke up this morning thinking hang on what time is it? My alarm hasn't gone off. Silly, it is Saturday it won't be going off.

I am in the middle of my sleep reset and I am super hopeful, I woke up at 6 am this morning without an alarm and I feel more rested which is the goal.

Last night I made Ravioli Lasagna although I skipped the Ricotta Layer I normally put in, I pulled it out of the fridge and my tummy went that seems heavy so I skipped. I also had to make my own sauce as I am out of Pasta Sauce so I grabbed a can of Crushed Tomatoes, added some spices and simmered for about half an hour. Ideally I would have liked to let it simmer longer but it was still good.

I did get everything I needed to get done at work done yesterday, a few new things did come my way but those will be taken care of next week.

Last night I sat here crocheting Easter Eggs, I have 2 more to make and then will need to make 4 more but I realized last night I forgot to look for light pink yarn when I was in Wal-Mart.

Today, I need to get my butt in gear and get this house back on track, does it totally overwhelm me, yes, am I spinning about it, yes, but it needs to be done an I know I will feel so much better once it is done.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Mar 16th, 2024 at 07:49 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning had ashlyn dropped off at 2.00 p.m yesterday we have had a fun time bought spray chaulk for her at dollarama.She did the driveway up nice.We went in their after McDonalds ,she got a happy meal i got a egg mcmuffin and coffee(which i gave to hubby).

Cara was dressed up as a princess in her halloween costume going to see disney on ice yesterday with her mommy ,so cute .

We coloured ,had a dance party .She was off to bed at 9.10 but was singing in the night (sleep is hard for her sometimes )Papa took her out and she scootered around while he rode his bike in the afternoon.

We will take her back in the afternoon and then back here for daughter and sebastian to drop in after their trip for the night.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Mar 16th, 2024 at 10:05 AM.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Time for a Tea break.

Kitchen is clean although honestly, the kitchen was not that bad compared to other areas. I put away the groceries that were still in bags on the floor (yep, sat there for 2 days, it was buns for the freezer and some pantry stuff), gave the counters a good scrub, put away the clean dishes off the drying rack. I do still need to do the floor but my hope is to get everything done than do all the floors.

The bathroom has been cleaned again except the floors, going to do them all at the end.

The pantry has been organized, there was at least a month of grocery shops and two Costco trips waiting to be put away. There were potatoes and onion to put away. I did do the pantry floor since we have a little vacuum down there and I grabbed the swiffer to do a quick wash of the floor.

I still need to reorganize the two freezers but I will be honest I am picking and choosing what I do right now, because I am being realistic (not my strong suit) on what can I get done. So I am choosing the things that have the most need or what we need done for the week to run smoothly.

Thinking I should make some lunch too. I did stop earlier for Breakfast which I know sounds funny but when I get focused on things that is when I skip meals.
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I really need to get outside and enjoy this amazing sunshine. I’m browsing Amazon and already placed an order. At least I got $50 off using my Telus rewards points.

I'm taking both mom and dad to feed Limpy and friends in an hour so I’d better hurry and get moving.

Have a great day everyone.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Limpy is the best! I guess his friends are o.k. too....ha ha Have fun at the waters edge @harbie .
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon my hubbys brother and his wife dropped in ,she sewed my favourite sweater i wear around the house .So i gave her a pkg of garbage bags i got for 2.00 ,i can pay you she said -no i said.

Doing laundry and playing with ashlyn we are painting now in my colouring books.
    harbie, Purdee, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    My day came a screeching halt after lunch yesterday. I am not sure if it was the weather that came in but a headache hit and before I knew it I was asleep on the couch, I literally could not keep my eyes open.

Due to my little nap, I had no plan for dinner so I ended up make Chicken Mushroom Skillet, it is a one-pan meals with Chicken, Mushrooms and I add Peas in a creamy sauce with Orzo all cooked in one pan. So good and a good quick easy meal.

Today I need to focus on prep, I will have a few office days this week although I do not know what days yet as now I am getting requests for meetings too and just feeling like there is not enough time in the week. So I need to have grab and go food ready to go, I know I am 100% more likely to skip a meal if I am in the office it just happens. But also I notice when I am in the office, probably because I am eating on the go, I do not get my fruits and veggies in so I want to prep a lot of snacks.

But I also need to have dinners planned so when I get home I can throw it together without a lot of thinking and prep.

I also need to restock my kitchen, I feel like we are out of everything but the good news is we aren't out, out I just need to bring more up from the basement so that will be step number 1 and go from there.

Happy Sunday Everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

It was good to see Sebastian and my daughter ,she just left .I did 3 loads of laundry for her as she needs to do work when she gets home today.

Her ex came here and picked up Sebastian (he missed his dad).

I am a bit tired so just gonna read a book or do my puzzle.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today was one of those days where it felt like it took forever to get anything done, may not have helped that I was spinning in circles and was trying to do 50 things at once. But I did get most of my prep done, I have decided I am going to focus on what I got done and not what I did not get done.

All of my produce has been prepped, strawberries and cucumbers have been washed and cut. I washed one package of grapes, once we eat through them I will wash the second pack.

I pulled the last of my Lemon Ricotta Pancakes from the freezer, made a triple berry sauce and whipped greek yogurt which will be 3 breakfasts this week. I have extra Berry Sauce and Whipped Greek Yogurt.

I made Chicken Fajita Bowls for my lunches, used up some peppers and some of the mushrooms. Also made my Taco Dressing to top the bowl with.

I made a batch of Rice to put in the fridge so we can make Dumplings and Fried Rice one night this week. Since I have the rice done it will only take about 30-minutes to get dinner on the table.

I made myself a Blueberry Dutch baby for breakfast, Mom wasn't feeling well and sleep until almost 2 so I have half left for breakfast one day this week.

Well I was doing other stuff I started working on restocking the kitchen, I know there is more to do but will work on it during the week.

Dinner was Homemade Pizza.

I did not clean as I went today and I regretted it but the kitchen is clean now and it is time for bed.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just made a chicken breast in the air fryer and mashed potatoes and peas ,i have a lemon blueberry loaf in the oven -yumm.May as well its a chilly day .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl I learned that Jamie Oliver is having a two-part series on using air fryers for meals that is airing or about to air on the BBC.

Amazon Big Spring Sale-still no e-mail notification but on both the Cdn and US sites, there is a big banner on their home pages about the March 20-25 sale. I am assuming tomorrow that Prime members will get their advance GO! shop emails. Maybe like Walmart does, a 9pm start for online? Anyone who did a prior spring sale, please share insights from the experience. My debit card has insufficient $$ for a shop so I will be just checking the site out when the sale opens.

No mail came today. I did a couple of small evening shops at Food Basics and Fortinos to get a few things. Scored on finding three big reduced price parsnips (if they are parsley roots, I'll cry) for $1.49 that I intend to roast in the morning after peeling and dicing them. Mailed a piece of lettermail as something needed to be sent. The powder snow-more like random flicks of snows but Mr. Wind is not playing nice with his icy breath!

Another reason to like this Wednesday-new issue of LCBO's Food and Drink magazine is scheduled to be available!

Tomorrow, it's Spring. But for anyone with cold air and some snow, it'll be #spwinter.

Woke up after 3am and one hour later, no sleepiness. Recycled two magazines after taking desired pages out, ran laundry, ate breakfast, was online, watched some morning show stuff and started to crash after 10am. Heeded body's call to sleep and rested on and off for 3+hours. I was my brother's alarm clock-he got up early to get ready for a scheduled appt. My body is simply not happy any which way, awake or asleep. I could have used some Nerf toys to vent off this ongoing pain issue!
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The wilting fresh mint lurking in the fridge for about two weeks was sent off into a pot of boiling water to make some tea. Not super fragrant or minty but it did the job of warming me up while downstairs. I miss making mint tea. I should try the hot lemonade with my frozen lemon juice cubes another night this week!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ceil -hope your pain subsides.Nerf guns i have in the house very fun ,chasing the grandkids around (slowly for me)and no hitting in the face area.

It sure is chilly out today ,even thou my dear hubby last week brought the chairs out on the deck -oh well soon .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!! We woke up to snow. Already been out to shovel and it nice to get out since I didn't leave the house at all yesterday.

We returned home from vacation Friday evening. Was super tired all day Saturday. Sunday still felt tired but went for a drive for breakfast and to use free slot play. Made a few $ and back home to veg. Yesterday was a busy work day. Today- finally brought in the bags from the car and will unpack/do laundry.
    Need to do some running around today too. Go to the bank etc.

Cooking up taco meat now since we have everything needed for tacos/taco salad so that will be dinner. Would like to make a homemade mac and cheese too so will see if that gets done this afternoon or not. I think DS would like some home cooked meals

Will take chicken out of the freezer tonight and tomorrow will food prep my chicken/veggie dishes. I didn't over eat on vacation and had less then 1 beer but just feel sluggish. Need my healthy food fix!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information