User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Why not just throw the runners into the washing machine and be done with them?
    These aren’t my more durable trail shoes plus they needed to be rinsed and pre treated regardless to ensure the oily tomato sauce came out. Plus the banging of the shoes in the machine damages and breaks down the shoes not to mention the noise! Not going to risk $240 running shoes

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby -i have RBC avion credit card and i purchased food from McDonalds last week when i had ashlyn here ,I looked up the fine print and to get the points you have to have the McDonalds app uploaded (i am pretty sure).So i guess i didnt get the points for just using my credit card .

Also on the loaded offers they have spend 30.00 or more at dollarama and get i think it was 250 rbc points.This time i read the rules and it didnt state anything except using the credit card .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Walkonby -i have RBC avion credit card and i purchased food from McDonalds last week when i had ashlyn here ,I looked up the fine print and to get the points you have to have the McDonalds app uploaded (i am pretty sure).So i guess i didnt get the points for just using my credit card .
    @coupon girl I printed out the T & C and this is what the line I see says:

Earn 200 Avion points when you order at a McDonalds' location OR in the McDonalds' App. ( and of course pay with the RBC Avion card )
    Also a limit of ONE bonus point offer per client. I figured my points should be given....we'll see eh?

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am so sorry walkonby -yes i just read it over -i did miss the wording of " or" in there so i hope i get the 200 points also.We have to utilize these points programs right.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Slushy walks out on the streets today. Worst part was the curb cutouts at pedestrian crossings-no way to avoid the slushy (deep too) mess when going onto the road. Noticed the sidewalk near my Mark's stores has a stand of trees with some kind of round berries that have the colour of rosehips. Fruit all over sidewalk and so were the birds. Messy! Made a beeline for the parking lot and some snow.

Well, I rarely shop on Saturdays at the mall and it moderately busy. Elevator and escalator issues (the Bay's!), three escalators in the mall were not moving and I spotted an expired elevator licence in one clothing store elevator that I used to move between floors. Discovered that no way can I fit into Forever 21 large shorts or skirts (XL at waist ok but not everywhere else). And I waited too long to search for some linen shorts-my desired colour only had Small and Medium sizes (I tried large in a different colour and the fit issues were obvious-good style though; have a major crush on a midi cargo skirt with toggles). Asked employee and was told what's on the tables is what's in stock. Accidently addressed a teen shopper as if she might be an employee and she just looked at me stunned but replied she does not work there (I should have clued in that she was with her father shopping). She was at one shorts table earlier and I thought she was putting out stock as the rack was next to table. Dressing rooms have only a mirror and three pegs-no seat of any kind. At least H&M dressing rooms give a teensy wire stool and a second rail in its rooms. How I miss Addition-Elle's fitting rooms with updated rails/pegs for accessibility and padded bench (Marks has similar setup but AE was the best) and lovely wallpaper. Sniff, sniff (memories).

Spent some time in various stores, got a baby clothing outfit I desired *only one more left on rack* and managed to score the very last Green Apple Gatorade at Shoppers for $2.49. I needed it as I was drying out in a few stores with impressive heating levels.

OK folks, it seems to me that the Bay store has overdone the tidying up bit at the Hamilton location-what used to be a back wall of dress racks 5 months ago is now a wall of luggage. Part of hosiery is gone, so too the Mango clothing section (now a Vero Moda section without the name on the wall). Hot Sox-less than half the stock from last November. No sales racks in any main aisle. Very much the "Walmart effect" that Sears Canada employed as part of "new look"that tanked in its last year of business. Even the Anko kids apparel and toys mini-section in womenswear is no more (found a few Anko clearance clothing pieces upstairs on sale racks). I give the store maybe until October or December then I think it'll be gone (if not sooner once the Burlington Centre location closes by June). The store's bathrooms are still in service (always a tossup if soap is in the dispensers and which ones or if store soap pump bottles are on the counters) because the lineup at the food court bathrooms was noticed. Don't know why always one escalator is always in some stop or closed off situation. Olsen Europe has some lovely coloured items in its corner of the store, but the Bay's website will not tell you which locations have the items you found online. If not for the weekly instore 15% off senior's discount via HBC Rewards, I think the Bay would have packed it in with Hamilton. Then I'd be stuck finding a place with Jockey underwear. Speaking of which-near the lingerie cash desk is a display unit with marked down Jockey undies in various sizes and styles-about 40% off. I looked at some styles but stuck with my usual Elance at full retail just to have a certain colour combo. Same with Wellness socks without cuffs at the top-full retail, as sock selection is very limited in-store. Does everyone remember when Eatons (original tenant in many malls) did a store update around the time that Sears bought it out? Oh, the 1990s had their good times and retail excitement!

I hadn't realized that Canada Post had issued a solar eclipse stamp pack while I was visiting the stationery area by the postal counters. Sold out. Have to see if I can find them at another store. Still bought the carousel horses booklet to be stocked with postage.

Big box land-no luck at Dollarama for Nivea but did find squeeze Heinz relish! Got a new photo box at Michaels and popped into Sobeys for a short shop. Stunned to still see 3 SW The Mandalorian cookie kits continuing to reside on the clearance case two months after second sighting. Got my popcorn and a frozen entree. Made my bus home just before it left. Yahoo-feet wet and tired, back is wanting a spa something or other...carbs too.

The debit card will be in purgatory soon. Just need to ensure a refund comes through soon before the bank takes it's March fee out.

While I hadn't visited Winners during my solo trip, tonight I had a chance to visit two Marshall stores and the Walmart ($5.77 Perrier Slim Cans). I need to linger longer on my next visit to Marshalls-some things need more time to explore but it was lovely to only see a handful of other shoppers, no pinch points in the aisles except at one clearance endcap where candles were.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I got nothing done yesterday other than the basics, the Kitchen is clean and we tried a new recipe for Dinner.

I made a Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin which has Carrots and Potatoes but I also added some asparagus since I had some that needed to be used up. I love it, it has balsamic in the marinade so I was in(although is it a marinade if you pour it on as you are putting it in the oven?).

I did not really find any side dishes on Pinterest, instead I went down the rabbit hole of Crochet Patterns. Lots of upcoming projects saved.

I started a new project last night but I am already tweaking the pattern, I thought it was going to be large than it was so now I am making it larger to work for my plan.

Turns out I went from having way too many potatoes to, WOW I need to buy potatoes so guess I will need to take a trip to Freshco this week. Think it is going to be another week of needing to go everywhere to get the deals, I need to go to Freshco for Potatoes, I need to go to WalMart for Mushrooms, I feel like there are some things I need at Food Basics (need to check my list) and I need Onions from No Frills.

I am also waiting for the new sales for Costco to come out tomorrow. I find it is now so hard to get a sneak peak from Costco other than the email they send but I find the email mostly shows electronics and clothes where is I want to see the grocery sales.

Since I have not done our shopping yet there really is no prep to be done but thinking I might do some baking I feel like it has been awhile since I had a good baking day. But first I have some cleaning to get done so I need to get my butt moving.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Mar 24th, 2024 at 09:42 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ceil-what an adventure you went on i agree i dont think the bay will be around many more years ,they took away online seniors day and it is only in store now .I may have to use up my $17 in points some time soon .On the bay website they have way too many 3rd party clothing that you must read the fine print it cant be returned to the bay .

Oh how i miss Sears ,Eatons and Zellers all three of those stores .

I want to get moving but i think i lost my mojo today .We will see if i find it.lol
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl, third party sellers drive me insane. It used to just be Amazon and at least on Amazon they are clearly marked and you can filter them out but now everyone has third party sellers.

Now you have WalMart, Best Buy, The Bay (I am sure there are more), all of them have third party sellers and it drives me insane.

Actually I remember a co-worker was telling us that they bought a jacket from the Bay, had no idea it was a third party seller until they tried to return it and then it became this whole thing and they ended up just donating the jacket because trying to return it was becoming too complicated.

I personally find WalMart the worse, you look something up and it looks like they have this huge selection but then when I filter the seller to WalMart only, they have 3 options. UGH, drives me insane and usually pushes to me a different website just out of frustration.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Mar 24th, 2024 at 10:41 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day! Was up and out of the house by 9am. On my way to Walmart/NF stopped at bank to make a deposit.
    Someone sitting inside the ATM area with a cardboard sign. Turned around and went back to my car (ended up stopping there on my way back home)
    This is the 3rd time I was unable to use the bank machine in the last month because of this.

At Walmart stocked us up on ground beef (in the freezer and rotated my stock- We have lots and freezer is nicely organized still)
    Triscuits (DS) Cheese $4.44 less .50 cent coupon- bought 6 more. Found $3.99 Flatbread for $1.67. DS already made one into a pizza for his lunch and he said he liked it. I was going 2 buy packs but thought I better make sure he likes it

No Frills- grabbed a few $2 PC frozen veggies bags- Very picked over. Will PM at RCSS this week.

Did some laundry yesterday morning and then went for a drive. Had free dinner out and brought DS home Seafood pasta.
    Need to get some things done around the house and put the dog in the tub. Hoping to go for a latte with my friend later this afternoon.
    Really would like to clean out my vehicle (bucket of soapy water and scrub! but it is to cold for that! Soon!!) It it clutter free just dirty!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Mar 24th, 2024 at 12:25 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i am focusing on the upstairs bathroom ,scrubbed the floor and grate used a scrubber (just for the bathroom).

Need to buy a new rubber bathmat as mine ripped ,one towel is ready for rags .

I am taking breaks ,snow in the driveway all melted just a bit on the lawn .My dear sister-in-law hurt her back when shovelling yesterday she is 65.So glad i didnt ,just chilling today as we have to pick up the girls on mon ,tuesday.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Mar 24th, 2024 at 01:13 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama, one of our local banks had a homeless person who would stay in the area with the bank machines so now the bank machines are only available during banking hours. They now lock the doors.

I have heard they are now staying at a different bank, but so far they are not locking their doors.

I feel bad for them and people have offered to take to the local shelter but they say they do not like the shelter.

But I will be honest, I think if I saw someone at the Bank Machines I would not go in and use them just because you never know. Just a couple of years ago a woman was attacked trying to use a bank machine and it was not robbery, she was attacked before she could even us the ATM.

It is scary, you just never know.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Mar 24th, 2024 at 01:43 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I feel bad for them and people have offered to take to the local shelter but they say they do not like the shelter.
    Of course, beggars can't be choosers. Oh, wait. I guess they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    But I will be honest, I think if I saw someone at the Bank Machines I would not go in and use them just because you never know. Just a couple of years ago a woman was attacked trying to use a bank machine and it was not robbery, she was attacked before she could even us the ATM.
    Anyone willing to use an ATM with someone waiting inside deserves what they get. That is just foolhardy behaviour, IMO.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

We’ve had the same problems with the addicts at our bank. They have gone as far as sleeping in their sleeping bags and lighting up a crack pipe all while drooping over and almost passing out. We called the cops.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    We’ve had the same problems with the addicts at our bank. They have gone as far as sleeping in their sleeping bags and lighting up a crack pipe all while drooping over and almost passing out. We called the cops.
    It's sad. Have seen banks closing and no access to the ATM machines when the banks are closed. Only drive through is open. Saw a lady got off the bus, and go to use the bank drive through ATM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today was a good day but also one of those days.

I feel like I got a ton done but at the same time it was not knocking big things off my list. It was more just putting sh*t where it should be.

The big thing I wanted to get done are the floors they need a good scrub but I did not get there.

I decided the name of the game today was to get the house functional and not let my brain spin because it wanted to spin hard.

I started in the bathroom and did the basics, does it need a good deep clean, yes, do the walls and ceiling need a good scrub, yes but today we are not going there.

Then I started to tidy the floor in the kitchen, I do not know what it is but things always pile up at the top of the basement stairs. At this point Mom came down so I gave her all of the boxes which she broke down and packaged to be taken out.

Once she was done I decided since since we were already packaging boxes let's unpack all of her exercise equipment, physio gave her a list and as we found them on sale I have bought them. We blew up her balance ball, built her peddle bike and unpacked her steps.

Then I also remember the pan we got for Christmas was still in the box (I am the worst at unpacking new things, I know I do it with things I buy incase I have/want to need to return them but I am the same with gifts). So we unboxed, OH MY GOSH I am in love it is a nice heavy pan that can be used for one pan dinners and go in the oven, I cannot wait to cook with it.

When all was said and done I took 2 trips out with garbage (Bathroom, Kitchen, Basement, and Mom's Bedroom were all full, plus what we unpacked) plus I took 2 trips out with recycling (just all of the cardboard that was in the house).

I emptied the Dishwasher and gave the counters a good scrub. We had Wings for Mom and A BBQ Chicken Caesar Wrap for me and we both had Savoury Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts (working on the those side dishes, normally I would just make fries). The kitchen is now clean and ready for tomorrow.

Still a lot to get done but feeling like it is a little more manageable but I need to take advantage of the fact tomorrow is a work-from-home day and I need to knock out a few more things tomorrow.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information