User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy one day at a time right.

I am so glad i did a load of laundry and cleaned both bathroom floors -i mean a deep clean .

Then took a walk tonight at 6.00 p.m a good fast 35 minute walk in the cold ,i had a hat on and gloves.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Of course, beggars can't be choosers. Oh, wait. I guess they can.

Anyone willing to use an ATM with someone waiting inside deserves what they get. That is just foolhardy behaviour, IMO.
    In this discussion of unhoused residents making ATM areas their homes, I was waiting for someone to say that the residents scoot when the armored truck guards arrive for the nightly ATM collection/service, as the guards do carry guns. Not sure how the guards deal-do they refuse to service those occupied ATM areas, thus banks respond with the closed access after business hours? The cardboard signs in themselves are not verbal asks for money or help but individuals are not to canvass near banks, bus stops, & churches under Ontario's Safe Streets Act.

On Saturday afternoon, I did observe a man with a sign and safety vest walk up between two lanes of cars on Neville Rd in the Meadowlands while the drivers were waiting for the red light to change. He is violating the HTA and posing a hazard to drivers. I found out from another person that the man has been at that road for weeks doing his routine. Walking keeps him warm but I guess standing on traffic medians is not resulting in financial generosity for him.

I had not been aware that Lime Ridge Mall had a RBC ATM on the lower level between the kiosks leading the food court. I knew of the CIBC one near the former Sears store, not far from the hallway where BMO has a branch. Pity that the RBC/Shoppers card program ended as many Shoppers stores suddenly got RBC ATMs in-store when the program launched, then slowly disappeared.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today's foray into Walmart to get photos made from the old cellphone was not successful. There must be a setting I did not have on. But when I tried Bluetooth, I suddenly got a huge list of every Bluetooth tv (tv area was about a metre away and locked electronics too)or thing or phone within a few metres of me. I did not know the photo kiosk's id in that list. I tried wi-fi-the kiosk can turn on a wi-fi point but I could not find the pictures. I went back on the screen and picked SD card and then USB (as I had the transfer cable). No images on SD card. There are photos on the phone but I could not share them with the kiosk so I gave up after 10min.

Did notice 2 marked down G2 glacier freeze Gatorade 6-pks for $2.98 (about $2 less then current 6pk Gatorade selling price seen on an endcap display) on the front of store clearance cart and many boxed snacks that were not there the previous evening. I looked but did not buy. Did get the Great Value pocket tissue packs as they are the only brand stocked. Yes, Walmart Supercentre was busy. I forgot to examine the Mexx linen look shorts I passed by yesterday but I was not on that side of the store.

Popped into Winners for about 15min. Clearance greeting cards-only 2 for Valentine's Day and 2 Congrats you're an adult cards, each for $1. Brief glance at kids' apparel and other clearance endcaps. At travel accessories, found a pair of luggage tags for Mom at $7.99. There are a few conversational bistro sets (2 chairs and a table) on display throughout the store including the entryway between the two sets of doors.

Ms Sunshine was beaming and I was grateful for her warmth as Mr Wind was cold and moderate during my walks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley getting that cardboard packed and out is a major win! Ditto getting the new exercise gear ready.

You were talking about Costco. Bro was talking about some Swiss gear luggage deal (2 carryons for $180) being available in their stores (he was not liking the prices for any Swiss Gear or large suitcases in the stores we visited yesterday; Staples indicated a 21" Swiss Gear case for $104). I could not find that deal online (anything with that brand was sold out) but the site had a disclaimer that inventory might be available in stores. What the heck is that logic-if Costco has a website, why not list stock in stores too so a person or member can see if a trip to their store is worthwhile or not (especially if the store might be in the area one visits occasionally but is not a local store; sometimes certain merchandise is not chain-wide but only in select stores)? I really marvel when a chain has a website but does not list actual inventory in stores as well as online. Missed opportunity to pick up sales IMO.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I MacGyvered the soup recipe (will post the Facebook page over in the Food subforum) this morning and used water instead of the broth but cut back one cup of liquid to make up for not having a second 796 ml tin of tomatoes. Used my bunch of kale and since I saw on Youtube that kale needs to be scrunched/kneaded in the water to break up the fibres etc, I really advise that all veggie prep be done a night or day before because it'd be 30min if one is handchopping the stuff or peeling etc without a food processor. Also-this recipe needs a tall stockpot! I'd halve it and use a more manageable pot next time. Was grateful I had dealt with the sweet potatoes the day before; the remainder of them will be sheet roasted tomorrow with smoked paprika and oil and salt.

I did puree the soup-first mistake was not putting a folded kitchen towel over the handle of lid when I had the first ladlefuls into the pitcher-had soup trail shoot out of the small openings in the lid and hit the cupboard doors and mark stove/toaster oven and counter. Added sea salt and chili flakes (gives some heat/kick) to the pureed soup in two pots and enjoyed a couple of bowls for lunch and one more for dinner with some torn up bread. Will have soup until Saturday, there's so much of it.

The semi-annual fridge/pantry cleanup and vacuum will happen mid-week. Cookies, tea biscuits or a quick bread are needed. Looking forward to some kitchen fun.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Monday, was up early and got right to work, both for work and house stuff.

Laundry is going and I have already knocked a few things off the work to-do-list.

Originally I had planned to go Grocery Shopping after work tonight but I think I am going to put it off until tomorrow so I can continue to focus on the house. I have a few projects I started yesterday but did not finish. Beside where I sit there is an old printer we no longer use but since it is on my end table, I tend to stack things on the printer, I started to clean that off last night and would like to finish that today. Also I HAVE to get the floors done today. I have been quick cleaning them but they need a good scrub, plus the front hallway is covered in salt again.

Thinking Dinner tonight will either be Lemon Chicken or Sundried Tomato, Feta Baked Chicken, will see if Mom has a preference when she gets up.

Happy Monday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Frugalbigmama, one of our local banks had a homeless person who would stay in the area with the bank machines so now the bank machines are only available during banking hours. They now lock the doors.

I have heard they are now staying at a different bank, but so far they are not locking their doors.

I feel bad for them and people have offered to take to the local shelter but they say they do not like the shelter.

But I will be honest, I think if I saw someone at the Bank Machines I would not go in and use them just because you never know. Just a couple of years ago a woman was attacked trying to use a bank machine and it was not robbery, she was attacked before she could even us the ATM.

It is scary, you just never know.
    Yes ours in town are locked overnight (10pm till 7am I believe) so they are going in as soon as it is opened .
    I am not putting myself in that situation!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!

My massage therapist messaged me yesterday if I was interested in an appointment today or Thursday. I took the one today so looking forward to that this afternoon.
    I need to go to RCSS and do my 2nd $15 shop for the bonus PC points. Thinking butter and the flat of eggs. Went to Food Basics in hopes of grabbing more of the 50 cent off Dairy coupons. Found them! Grabbed a bunch and will use them up on butter/cheese/sour cream etc. Will grab a few extra butter for the oldest as well.

Have a few work things to cross off my list this morning. Short work week! It always seems to sneak up on me! Going to try and power through house cleaning this week so the long weekend is free for fun We have so much laundry....I just need to get at it. One load of towels is ready in the dryer to be folded.
    Have a rack with clothes ready to be put away in closets (on hangers so easy to put away!)

DS told me he likes my homemade mac and cheese again lol. So will make a pan later this week.

Have a wonderful day!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I MacGyvered the soup recipe (will post the Facebook page over in the Food subforum) this morning and used water instead of the broth but cut back one cup of liquid to make up for not having a second 796 ml tin of tomatoes. Used my bunch of kale and since I saw on Youtube that kale needs to be scrunched/kneaded in the water to break up the fibres etc, I really advise that all veggie prep be done a night or day before because it'd be 30min if one is handchopping the stuff or peeling etc without a food processor. Also-this recipe needs a tall stockpot! I'd halve it and use a more manageable pot next time. Was grateful I had dealt with the sweet potatoes the day before; the remainder of them will be sheet roasted tomorrow with smoked paprika and oil and salt.

I did puree the soup-first mistake was not putting a folded kitchen towel over the handle of lid when I had the first ladlefuls into the pitcher-had soup trail shoot out of the small openings in the lid and hit the cupboard doors and mark stove/toaster oven and counter. Added sea salt and chili flakes (gives some heat/kick) to the pureed soup in two pots and enjoyed a couple of bowls for lunch and one more for dinner with some torn up bread. Will have soup until Saturday, there's so much of it.

The semi-annual fridge/pantry cleanup and vacuum will happen mid-week. Cookies, tea biscuits or a quick bread are needed. Looking forward to some kitchen fun.
    @Ciel21 I also MacGyver recipes all the time, sometimes to use up what I have in the fridge. Calling her soup Energy Soup was appropriate as you certainly used energy to hand chop the items up. ha ha. It sounded like it turned out very good and that mishap with the blender? I think we've all been there done that in one way or another.
    We still have a few servings remaining of the celery/sweet potato soup, hoping to finish that off today.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Check those email accounts! I just rec'd my invite 12 out of 12 offers for me from Samplesource.
    Last edited by Tweets77; Mon, Mar 25th, 2024 at 10:38 AM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry is on the go! I knew if I didn't get on it I would just not do it so happy I went to the laundry room and got motivated.

Once all the laundry is done and put away I am going to take my empty rubbermaid bin to the laundry room and fill it. Bring it to my office and post for sale.
    Everything needs to go. I am on a mission!!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 25th, 2024 at 12:11 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Up early as usual but didn’t leave the house until 7am.

Hit up Shell to fill up. 53 AM.

WM for 2/$7.50 Nextmilk-$1 coupon

Safeway for bag of soy curls, 1 Nuts for cheese -FPC , 2 Big Mountain cauli crumbles on sale $6.99 - $4.00 in store coupon =$2.99 plus 25 scene points.

Home now and having oatmeal. Have to hit up the bank for a deposit later today and workout. Yesterday was so beautiful and sunny and today it’s cloudy and cold. Yuck!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I received the Sample Source invite today. This was the 1st time since they moved to invite only. I got 10 offers, so that felt like a decent amount.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found 2x packets of Ichiban noodles sitting abandoned on a bus bench.

Saw that RCSS had ham for $0.96/lb. I'm not supposed to eat pork, due to the cholesterol, but I couldn't help myself from buying a 10-pound ham at that price.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Started my day early since thinking we may go for a drive for later today for free dinner and use free slot play.

Laundry is almost caught up. Wasn't so bad once I got at it! Lots of towels that should be tossed so will do that the next round (cut into rags for Spring cleaning)

Enjoy the day!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information