User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned the stove and scrubbed a tub!

Showered/dressed without missing Purolator!! (the only good thing about a barky dog...Let's you know when someone is near the house!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Stopped into walmart on the way to the girls yesterday ,got my bill adjusted from last week as 3 items were on sale $1.89 back on my debit.

Bought a new rubbermaid bath mat and metamucil i need to take got $3.00 back on checkout51 .Also grabbed the last 2 cans of delmonte peaches 1.99-1.00 checkout 51=.99.Good for when i run out of fruit.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are some mornings I have to remind myself to dress well enough to open the door to a courier person because I am aware my or sibling's order is due to arrive. I want comfy but some of my favourite apparel is due move along into a textile recycling bag or to the rag pile. Just gave my Joe Fresh Henley shirt the heave-ho but saved the buttons since they are always useful. Every time I visit the local H&M store, I look around for the cart that the store keeps for textile donations.

A few other textile items got my attention yesterday but since they are not mine, I cannot take them out. But I can certainly bag them for followup later.

This week, I intend to view some Prime movies or shows and let the subscription lapse. Have to finish the Priscilla movie and play "spot the local landmarks." Raking is also planned. Last night I gave one area a quick cutting of the old flower stalks and plants to fill my yard waste bags. Will need to do a finer trim when the temperature's just a tad warmer. Apparently there are clumps of grass thickly populating spots by the house so I have to get the mower out by next week (after I do the needed raking first).

I am tempted to get an Apple+ 7 day trial to watch Palm Royale. Better wait until next week. The income tax return is more of a priority as March is winding up.

Do need some groceries-the Giant Tiger 900g pasta for $1.25 deal ends today!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It was a busy day yesterday. Walked the lagoon (fed Mr. Limpy), returned some mini tomatoes to NF since they were moldy in the middle of the package, cleaned the house, did a hard strength class ( I’m feeling it a bit this morning), bank deposit and saw this. BTW it’s not a drive thru location

Name:  IMG_0935.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  129.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0936.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  135.7 KB

Dh was on the phone with Telus for an hour trying to get back the $100 they’ve charged us for our home services for the last 9 months! Looooooooooooooong story. Finally they fixed it. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I'm going to bake some banana chocolate chip muffins and some chocolate chip cookies for a work bee being held on Friday. I might have to make a few extras for Dh

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Ugh! It’s been a day!

I'm not sure what’s happening but I can not bake today if my life depended upon it. I seriously don’t know what’s happening . I have 2 muffin recipes that are my go to’s and never have issues until today. I have to make baked treats for this weekend and I thought I’d do a “test” batch for Dh as a surprise and they’re not turning out . I’m going to blame it on that it’s a new oven that I haven’t baked in before. That has to be it.

I might end up just buying some muffins and cutting my losses. I’m super frustrated right now.

Maybe I have too much going on with work and prepping for my upcoming surgery……. maybe I took on too much……

Oh well, I see a tiny bit of sun trying to peek out so I’m going to focus on that positive.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie gosh I feel so badly about the muffin fail you're having, the best thing to reflect upon is that vehicle IN the non drive through at Quiznos! ha ha
    Not really a ha ha for them BUT you can buy some muffins and all is good again. I hope your new oven cooperates next time. Good luck on the upcoming surgery!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! 2 more days of work

My coffee is tasting so good today! I enjoy it so much that grabbing a take out coffee is usually a disappointment. Except the $7.50 latte I love from Starbucks lol Damn my friends daughter for suggesting it knowing we would love it!

Laundry- Needs to be finished today!!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

UGH- Had to re-wash a load in the washer. Whoops. I will set a timer now so I don't forget to go deal with it when done!

Looked over the upcoming flyers. Nor too much. We really need to use up some freezer stuff.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Well. One batch of chocolate chip banana muffins and one blueberry are now for Dh.

After work today I’m going to try another batch of lemon blueberry muffins so fingers crossed. I wonder if the banana ones didn’t work out as well as I normally make a loaf instead . I figured with the time constraints I have the muffins would be best but I may just have to resort to less sleep and make the loaves.

Anyhoo, I’m off to work and gotta find my rowboat with all this rain

Have a great day everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning cleaning the BBQ hubby and i are so we can use it .

Last night had the girls at their house and an hour and a half the power was out (oh my what can we do )they said.We painted rocks on the front porch we made a makeshift basketball net and tried to get that in (used a freshco bag on a 2 big tree branch )i ripped it a bit down the middle.lol

Then it came on at 5.30 and i made grilled cheese for ashlyn and i ,cara had tuna and crackers.

May go out later or not we will see.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to RCSS to grab butter (sale/coupon and PC pt offer)
    Couldn't bring up ad on phone so grabbed 2 salad dressing jars ($2.99- love that it is in glass jar and hasn't been this price in a long time)
    May pop back later tonight for the butter....we have lots but thinking good to grab more for the deal for the freezer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

BBQ sounds good @ Coupongirl. Thinking steak on the BBQ with onions and mushrooms and a baked potato is the plan tonight!!!
    I wasn't feeling like cooking but now I think that is what I will make. There is also an open package of shrimp on skewers DS opened and only cooked 2 so will make the rest of those as well! Off to pull the steak from the freezer!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped over to dollarama to get easter bags and a few more items for the grand kids ,it was super busy .

Then into sobeys for their deal on chips and bread but reduced apples were 1.49.

I got gas at petro and the guy said i could link my triangle points to my petro card,i told him rbc is already linked to my petro card and he said i could do both .We will see next time i get gas.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Today after getting my new crown installed at the dentist I went to FB and remembered to pay using my RBC Visa card. Will get a 3% credit on my statement when it closes out.
    Also pumped gas at PetroCan to earn 5x the RBC points. ( had to be minimum of $40.00 pumped, which is pretty easy with gas prices up again( still! ) .

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not keen to know what the price of gas will be on April 1 (carbon tax hike day). I intend to get a few litres of gas to have for the lawn mower.

Just doing the least today. Made myself make banana chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (I scored a 1/2 off bag of 200g mint chips but the contents were just a few chips over one cup in total so I put it all into the batter). Decided to make a batch of the rosemary roasted squash side dish (I have eaten 1/3 of it already)-my Becel oil (it's now $9.99 in stores!) ran out and had to add some olive oil to get the amount needed. At least I opened the small food processor-will wash parts tonight but the bean dip will have to wait for the morning (and I need to save the liquid to test its egg substitute capability in a recipe). When the sun was beaming during part of the morning, I was fixated on the tree branches over the clotheslines-the branches need to go while the temperatures are low. Not today but soon.

While I did not win anything in the Split the Pot hospital lottery, I did see another local person was a winner. Good for her! Have to shred my ticket numbers page.

Leafed through the new Costco Connection (April) magazine-enjoyed the gardening section. LCBO Food & Drink magazine-the inside back page feature has the restauranteur name her favourite eateries and she mentioned a Toronto venue where customers have to eat with their hands (no cutlery). Found out that the Jack Daniels whisky & Coca Cola mixed bevvie is listed as a new offering in the magazine (I purchased one can to try later).

Have not made progress on my streaming viewing list. Did spend a few minutes outside and checked out the 4 of 5 crocuses still upright outside (and collected some branches).

Did enjoy the Dragonfruit Berry BodyArmor Lyte beverage. First time I have seen a Health Canada Supplemented! black and white box label on a product. Seems there are boundaries with this drink: not for under 14 yrs of age, limit 1 drink per day (as it has full day's amounts of vitamins and minerals), and not for anyone with kidney issues. Definite dragonfruit/coconut water taste with slight stevia aftertaste. Would be ideal cold for hot/humid days or at room temperature for current weather.

My body want to go to . I thought I'd have been livelier today. Time for a mug of tea!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information