User Tag List

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy last work day of the week for most.
    We close early for the long weekend and the sun is shining so excited to get out there today

My tax lady is stopping by today for signatures. Glad to have that done!

Thinking today is a good day to clean out the vehicles. My windshield needs a good cleaning on the inside. Adding it to the list!

Have a wonderful day and weekend!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My dear hubby uncovered the wicker set and i just sat out and had a tea.

Well came back from having my teeth cleaned ,i paid the dentist half of what we owe $280 before the teeth cleaning (cause i have been going there for years )So never a frugal trip ,but feels so great to have my teeth cleaned.

Then popped into fortinos well spent 98.00-40.00 in points =$63 got the grandkids there hershey bunnies a few other deals i got

sunscreen lotion 9.74-50% reduced table=4.87
    liberte 4 yogurt 4.99-50%=2.49
    kawartha ice cream was on sale 5.99-50 cpn=5.49
    strawberries 2.99
    p.c cashews 5.99-50pc points=5.49

plus milk and a few other items .I decided for my sanity i am not running to shoppers for seniors day so bought the milk at fortinos .It is crazy busy out there.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Another week of where did my week go.

Tuesday I was in the branch and I shopped my way home even though it wasn't really on my way home, I did go out of my way but it was worth it.

At Zehrs I got the 48 count Chai Tea (My No Frills has stopped carry the 20-count cans) they had them on sale for $7.99 with 2000 pts per box, when you factor points it came to $5.99. Also grabbed a Jiff Peanut Butter 1 KG for $5.99, Mom has decided Jiff is her brand, she no longer likes the Kraft which I usually buy at Costco when it is on sale.

Ran into Freshco and grabbed 2 x 10lb Potatoes for $1.99, normally I buy 4 bags but I find Freshco can be hit and miss for produce going bad quickly so decided we would try 2 bags. I will put them in a separate box just to be safe.

At Wal-Mart I got 4 x Mushrooms $0.94, 1 x Ravioli 2-pack $3.97 and 2 x Blistex 2-packs.

Food Basics I got 1 x Lemons 2lbs $2.88, 1 x Basil, Thyme, Rosemary & Sage herbs for us to dry they were $2 each, 1 x Whipping Cream $2.97, 2 x Broccoli $0.88 and a jar of Sundried Tomatoes (I think they were $2.99, it was cheaper than No Frills).

Then to No Frills for 2 x Onions 10lbs $2.49, 1 x Sweet Potatoes 5lbs $2.99, 2 x Green Onions $1.29 (when did this become a good price, oh how I miss the days of 2 for $1), 1 x Milk and 2 x Cookies $2.79 (normally don't buy cookies but I knew I wouldn't be baking any during the week).

I was going to grab a few groceries on my way home tonight with the new flyers (didn't need a lot just a few fresh things) but happy I did not stop, they are doing something with underground pipes and all of our walkways at home are dug up. We got a letter saying to careful as some pipes might be laid close to the walkways but there was not mention of digging up the walkways. Would have been tricky to haul in groceries.

Ok, I need to stop procrastinating and go make Dinner.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Easter to all, in case I get distracted or busy over the next few days. My mind is racing as I was given my knee replacement surgery date! GULP!
    I have so much prep to do before that with exercises! and prep IN the house. Things I never thought I'd need ( old people's equipment, lol ) , things to grab
    hold of to stay steady on my pegs.
    Bathroom commode devices and bathtub and shower seats! If anyone has a prayer chain, link me on it, I'm getting quite nervous about how long and painful
    the recovery is. Sorry, no down side. We are blessed to have great medical care here and I sure understand that now.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was hoping to find the Twizzlers cherry bunnies at Fortinos two days ago, when I went online to verify that stock existed. It must have been in online orders or other shoppers' carts that day because I could not find a shelf location for the product in the Confectionary aisle and there was no obvious place for it in the Easter treats power wall display. Some other Twizzlers bagged candies were also sold out but not the usual licorice ropes/twists.

Today, I decided to take a few staycation photos to remember this 2024 event. Any reason to use up the remaining colour printer ink! Did not venture to any shops or the library-maybe Saturday if I feel brave? Mail-random flyers, Giant Tiger, monthly local magazine and bank statements arrived. Added some realistic and "I wish I could afford" fashions to my Nordstrom wish list (btw, Nordstrom has an e-gc offer valid until March 31 in case any SCer has future US Shopping plans online or in person) plus a few toddler apparel items I have not found elsewhere. I encourage anyone needing special occasion wear for later this spring/summer to look now for sizes as some styles seem to be selling out online.

On Twitter, I learned that the Coles bookstore in Jackson Square will close on April 6. I just assumed the two nearby coffee shops were driving some traffic into the store outside of lunch rush hour for office workers and people riding in from Burlington or schools. That will be a loss for the mall and downtown in general. I note that Indigo/Chapters does not have a presence in the Centre on Barton complex at all. Only on the mountain, in Ancaster and in Heritage Greene shopping areas. At least I visited the Coles 2x earlier this year for orders/items and gave them some business. Not sure if I can manage another visit but will look online to see if there is something calling my dollars!

Wish you all a serene long weekend and safe travels if you are going out of town!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley & @walkonby I will keep both of you in mind over the weekend! Sassy, plan something fun while at home in advance of your milestone birthday. Weird timing on the walkway work -hope you don't have to cart anything out to the car this weekend either.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I looked at my PC Points after I was annoyed with 38cents from triangle with 100.00 gas purchase and it looks like maybe this is not so bad because that transaction was PC points as well and my Canadian Tire gas purchase also earned CT points. But Canadian Tire definitely earns more points.
    I had my tires switched this week and that was expensive as I needed new tires. I went with the best option but not the most expensive as my SUV is 10 yrs old so I am not sure how many more summers it has.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes lilo ,i just linked my canadian tire to my petro card,so it will be nice to get rbc points and canadian tire points next gas fill up.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hooray! I got the points.

Here’s something to get excited about: your account has just been credited 200 points for the offer you used at McDonalds on March 26, 2024.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

My surgery is in 11 days (including today) so I’m in prep mode. Lots of cleaning, some pre cooking for Dh, and exercising to help with the anxiety. I had my first mild panic about it randomly last night after starting to fall asleep.

I'm trying to plan meals that’s easy to make now and aren’t crazy high in fibre for after if ya know what I mean but the thing is that since we’re plant based EVERYTHING we eat has fibre . Guess no beans…….l

Anyways, this pile of unfolded laundry is staring at me so off to start my cleaning day.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone
    Last edited by harbie; Sat, Mar 30th, 2024 at 01:49 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie good luck with your surgery .

Popped over to shoppers good everything on sale plus 1,165 points.

Doing laundry and cleaning a bit as my brother is coming for a visit on sunday also little miss cara asked to sleep over .We said for sure.
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Semi-annual fridge/freezer cleanup is in partially done mode. Have to get going to complete the freezer cleanup up, two drawer washings and vacuuming done by 1:30pm. Then scoot to do the wooden pantry unit done by 2pm or earlier. Have some veggies to peel and slice so I can saute or roast them by tomorrow (had my last instant noodles with some broccoli, two bevvies and lots of Energy soup to take me to Monday, then I have to get more groceries). Do I go to get a few litres of gas today just to get the task done with prior to Monday?

Tastebuds don't like the blueberry flavour of the BodyArmour Lyte Pomegranate Blueberry beverage at all. Guess I'm team Dragon Fruit Berry!

Glanced online at the Shoppers Drug Mart site and was stunned that the Canon PG-245XL and 245XL ink combo packs (for certain Canon Pixma printers) were seriously hiked in terms of regular cost but are on sale for $79.99. I've noticed that Walmart seems to be playing the price increase card too: any 50pkg photo paper set with 245Xl ink is now paired with the smaller 5ml 246 colour ink (*not the XL size) for $73.99. Or I can get the combo pack without the photo paper for $75.99 (seems to be in some stores or is online only). Grrr.

ShoppersPhoto.ca has a WEEKEND only 14 cents print deal for 100 4"x6" photos for all you memory makers with PC Optimum accounts!

Rexall continues to have the 10% off Cdn stamp packs of 10 stamps in the current flyer.

Seems I have to pick Monday or Friday for any branch cutting efforts. Rain on Tues/Wed and snow too or on Thursday. Then temperatures start to get to be 10C or higher, which means sap and leaves on the move! I'll see if I can get 30min of raking/yard work in today go get a start on a yard waste bag.

@eataig posted a sobering CCR update for those of us who have to file our income tax returns following the March 15 rule to get the CCR on April 15: we have to wait 6-8 weeks after our returns are assessed to see the CCR amounts. SIGH. At least the GST credit will come in on April 5 and it is allocated already.
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found a 725g family-sized box of honey-nut cheerios on a bench in front of RCSS; perfect timing to replace the box I just finished.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie & @walkonby **HUGS** and prayers for each of your upcoming surgeries.
    harbie, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Time to come back to the land of things happening.

I did not have a good week last week, I had to flip my week around which is fine but then I have one department who has been coming down hard on me for like 2 weeks and last week was the final straw, I broke a little. I am supposed to getting things off my plate but due to some staffing issues I have taken on more to help and cover. Our two "local" locations are the hardest hit with short staffing and sadly hiring new staff and training them is no a super quick process. But needless to say I stopped tracking how many hours I work in the last two weeks and then to constantly hear I am not doing enough broke me a little.

Friday was my Bday, I went to hang out with Bro and Sis-in-Law and then other bro joined us before we headed off for dinner with Dad, Step-Mom, Sis and her BF.

Yesterday I spent the day on the couch going in and out of sleep almost all day. I was done.

Today I am trying to my best to get back on top of things I literally have no idea what this week will bring so I trying to be prepared.

I have cleaned the Bathroom just need to head up and clean the floors.

I have a batch of Rice in the Oven and a Batch of Pasta Sauce on the stove simmering. Rice can be used as a side-dished or turned into a bowl of some sort this week. I am out of Pasta Sauce but I have a ton of canned tomatoes so I am making my own pasta sauce. It is super easy to make but if I had a busy week throwing it together during the week can get dicey when I am trying to get dinner on the table quickly.

The Dehydrator is running, drying the fresh herbs I bought last week. We were completely out of Thyme and kind of surprises me, how often I use Thyme I never thought I was overly fond of Thyme.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information