User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1007Likes

Thread: 2024 April Frugal Chatter Thread (here comes the sunshine)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -glad to hear your trying to work out things for the future with your brother (as you know i did after 10 years ).

Well i spent 8 hours at the hospital today ,we called an ambulance at 5.00 a.m as i was sure i was having a heart attack .I must say very good care ,i had a few tests done and they came back clear .My shoulder and chest could be bruised due to a test i had 2 days ago.I had 2 very nice doctors and 2 nice nurses as the shifts changed from night to day .

My poor daughter was texting my son saying should i come from toronto she was at a conference -i got to talk to her .I am sure she will call me tonight .My sons work let him off early to pick up the girls as hubby and i were at the hospital .

Anyway glad i am okay ,and not in a serious situation !
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , oh my gosh how scary, happy to hear you are ok **HUGS**
    @harbie , good news that the doc can see you earlier and your trip sounds amazing.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

((((Group hug)))) for you @coupon girl ! I don't know what to say except I'm glad you posted that you are back home and here online!

This day seems to be slipping by. No flyers in the mail but I did see sibling's purchase of yard waste bags (but no gas for the mower--grass is going to be too tall to mow with pushmower). Put myself into the task of gathering fallen branches and bagging them. Got some fresh air and exercise. However, Mother Nature is giving me two other achy joints today and I'm upset at going slower. My lower back is saying something not nice..have to add sweet potatoes to the grocery list. Ate half of the blueberries left on the dining room tables-pain needed something!

Pantry surprise late lunch-prepped old potatoes (peeled) and tossed in a different smoked sweet paprika, juice of one lime that was on its way out, oil, 2 cloves of crushed garlic and some pink sea salt in the baking pan and mixed it all together>roasted at 400F for 40min. The lime did not overwhelm; I was not keen to melt a lemon cube from the freezer and wanted a feeling that we were going to have takeout. Diverted our thoughts from the lousy weather for some time and oven warmed up the house too.

Found a Square One email inviting me to do a survey and be entered into a $500 gc draw. I usually say yes to the chance to try for one mall card. That was a lovely highlight of the day!

Tomorrow morning I have a walk planned to get some photos into the mail and to check if I really did not get the carbon refund credit on Monday. I'd like to stop in at the library, if the wet weather forecast is not too demanding, to look for books and catch up on print news.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Happy Thursday!

Postop checkup and subsequent stent removal has been moved up a day. Thank goodness. I called as it was getting to be too much extreme discomfort and they made it happen. I’m a bit nervous about it but I need it out.

Hopefully I can get back to more normal life and routine. I’m going crazy!!!

We decided to do a family vacay at the end of May. Our taxes came back and instead of saving or reinventing it like we ALWAYS do we chose to make some memories.

So we start by getting my hair done (500km away) and then head to Dh’s biological brothers and meet up with his family and one of the step brothers and his family. Then we drive another 5 hours to meet up with my mom and dad and my brother and SIL.

We have had a strained relationship (my bro and I) for over 9 years and things are trying to be worked out. I sent out the invite and I was surprised they accepted. Anyways it will be fun. I will place a PC order for when we arrive and make 90% of our meals to cut costs.
    Treat yourself to a car cushion with gel/memory foam (Cdn Tire's Autotrends brand) to minimize any strain during your big spring road trip. A Kabooti foam cushion can be rather stiff on the posterior as I am finding out this year on chairs in the house. I thought the Kabooti was a-okay about 6 years ago but I still had some hormone cushioning that was functioning!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Another rainy day here but thinking I might head out this afternoon, I feel like I need a break from my work project.

I have worked late a couple of nights this week just because everything was flowing and who knows what tomorrow will bring and I am on a deadline. But now I feel like I need a break.

I could also work on some stuff around the house, I have a lot I would like to tackle, I need to do some deep cleaning. We will see how I feel later, to be honest, I am not sure if it is the weather or what but I did not want to get up this morning and even know I could just curl up and take a nap.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning and TGIF! Ugh it is raining . I was hopeful with the clear sky last night.

Last night ended up making boxed burgers. I have decided I don't like them at all and will only eat my homemade ones lol. I had bought the boxed ones for the freezer for DS to have when we didn't have any homemade ones ready. But at least it was something to eat that was quick last night.

Popped out to Food Basics and grabbed the few fresh items on my list. Had washed up one package of strawberries that are now gone. Will wash up the other package today and make sure to grab more in my travels this weekend.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Wow! @coupon girl that is a scary situation . I’m so glad it wasn’t a heart attack and you’ll be ok .

Many years ago I was in the states and had this pain on the left side and it started to radiate down my left arm so off to the ER. I was taken in immediately and tests run to find out it was a heart attack, thankfully, but a hairline crack in a vertebrae that cause the nerve to get affected and all the other symptoms! So I know how scary it can feel.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Well yesterday didn’t go as planned. My surgeon thought we needed to give it a few more days so Monday morning is now the day. Apparently I have a big mouth but an extremely small urerter . With all this exercising and eating healthy and that’s what’s small!? . Oh well….

So much for my frugalness. We came out to a parking ticket .

Then after a short walk and water we went to NF. My first time grocery shopping since the beginning of April. Of course there was awful PC offers. A whopping 850 points for bananas, pasta and vegan mayo. Woot woot

Off to pay the weeks bills and my lovely taxes. At least the sun is shining and yesterday it was close to 20 .
    Have a great day everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -i havent shopped since end of march ,just small orders here and there.So hubby came with me (as i am bruised)to help spent $110 at food basics.They had the most fruit and veggies on sale i think out of all of them .

Put it on my visa as i get a small percentage back .

Just resting today .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@coupon girl !! Yikes, are you trying to give US a heart attack . O.k. I know it all worked out and you were cleared of that, but any trip to Emerg
    creates it's own special kind of stress. Good that DH tagged along for the FB shop. Rest is your top priority now.

An early outing for me to pump overpriced gas ( under 1/4 in tank, so I had to ) I'd heard the price would drop by 4 cents from that disgusting 14 cent hike
    but I still paid a $1.73 a Litre at Shell for Bronze. Logically I should not get my panties in a bunch over a $3.00 OOP extra for my 30L top up....yet I do??
    Then a quick trip to Wmart for 2 cases of water, 2 loaves of white bread ( ugh! poison the guys like ) that I forgot to grab at NF yesterday.
    Grabbed more of our cats special Lil 'Soup treats and a $2.00 bag with 2 huge heads of romaine inside. I compared the weight of it with the ones that were 3 heads
    for $1.94 and the reduced bag weighed much more...ha ha

I'm done now. We cannot possibly need to buy anything else until after my surgery. ( wishful thinking )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I wish gas was that cheap here @walkonby . Here it’s 209.9 and has been higher and will go higher

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Harbie -glad to hear your trying to work out things for the future with your brother (as you know i did after 10 years ).

Well i spent 8 hours at the hospital today ,we called an ambulance at 5.00 a.m as i was sure i was having a heart attack .I must say very good care ,i had a few tests done and they came back clear .My shoulder and chest could be bruised due to a test i had 2 days ago.I had 2 very nice doctors and 2 nice nurses as the shifts changed from night to day .

My poor daughter was texting my son saying should i come from toronto she was at a conference -i got to talk to her .I am sure she will call me tonight .My sons work let him off early to pick up the girls as hubby and i were at the hospital .

Anyway glad i am okay ,and not in a serious situation !
    @coupon (((HUGS))) that was a scary time for you and your loved ones . Happy you are doing ok and it’s nothing serious

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks everyone ,yes i am okay just bruised on my left side from a procedure on tuesday ,so i thought i was having a heart attack as it runs in my family .Better safe than sorry right.

I did have great care and a few tests done spent awhile at the hospital ,yes are the nurses short handed i am sure it is not like years ago .All in all i had a very funny porter a joy to transport me to my scan .

I just slept for 2 hours i guess i needed it.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did not end up going to the store today instead stayed home which worked in my favour.

My Mom has a consult on Monday for a Dental procedure and we found out today, depending on what the dentist sees he may do it right on the spot which means I need to go with her. Luckily my boss is okay with me needing to step away on Monday to go with her and my extra hours from this week will cover my hours away I am away Monday so it all works out.

I did take a break and clean my vacuum, gotta love cleaning the things that help us clean. I took all of the filters and washed them. washed the beater bar and now they are on the sitting on a towel drying. It was one of those washable paper filters (which let me say make me super nervous to wash) so I will probably let it sit for a week before I put it back together. So any cleaning this weekend will be with the swiffer or the cheap stick vacuum in the basement.

I made Instant Pot Alfredo for Dinner, we added Sauteed Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli to bulk it up and add those veggies.

Earlier this week I cooked some Cauliflower I bought at No Frills (The PC White Bags), wow was a disappointed, All of the pieces were not trimmed nicely and had a ton of the stem part on them I ended up cutting off. It took the whole bag to fed 2 of us. I think going forward I will be buying our Frozen Veggies at Costco except Brussel Sprouts (I do not think I have ever seen frozen Brussel Sprouts at Costco), maybe Green Beans and Peas. We already buy Corn there and I always grab a bag of broccoli when it goes on sale and OH MY some of the best frozen broccoli.

Thinking it is time to crochet some Gummy Bears and call it a night.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yikes, coupongirl. I am glad to hear you had such good care but what a fright.
    I don’t think we need much in the way of groceries, really just produce. I did take advantage of the lettuce and mushrooms at Walmart. Then I see green beans on for 88 cents at metro. I may do my shopping there because peppers are 1.99 a pound and I have an air miles offer of spend 20.00 get 50 Air Miles.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information