User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree428Likes

Thread: 2024-05 May Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’m just a nut @sweet sparrow . That and the fact that I haven’t been able to or had much motivation to clean with recovery so when the mood hits I run with it! It also helps when the sun shines in and you see the crazy dust then it snowballs.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@harbie I too could use some rage cleaning energy. We are surrounded by construction dust and factor in pollen season and a head cold and I crazy congested and sneezy. Trying to battle the dust is pointless as we still have a week until the ensuite is done. But I did vacuum and dust and Saturday I will wash the sheets and couch blankets.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found an abandoned bag of 18x Kaiser rolls at RCSS.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Found an abandoned bag of 18x Kaiser rolls at RCSS.
    You are "the Food Whisperer." Kaiser rolls-nice score!
    harbie and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@sweet sparrow Lovely to see you post! @harbie Yes, sunshine can be the Energizer bunny propelling some major work at home and beyond. Just mind that you don't break sound barriers while you finish the last few days of recovery.
    @walkonby Don't know how you managed to walk your postal routes all those years. I did two trips (parcel on first trip) to the post office and managed to get my mail in before the afternoon pickup of the day. The May 6 postage rate hike was my push to ensure the mail got out. Wish I did that earlier but you know, something distracts me or convinces me it can WAIT.

BTW, Rexall has 10pk Canadian Stamps at 10% off in the flyer-highly suggest you get some on the weekend!

Rainy weather or something I ate today has tripped a headache that ebbs and flows something like a tide. Need more pep for tomorrow as the grass needs cutting, some eggs need dyeing and a bit of baking is expected. Had a mug of decaf Earl Grey tea over an hour ago and I'm delighted to have had it. Should have made a pot of tea!

I'm not doing a 100% boycott of the Loblaw banner stores because 2 or 3 things are accessible or affordable at the two local stores. By some fluke, the first aid item I use is on sale at Fortinos (same item is nearly $2 more at Shoppers). Can't find the exact listing in the Fortinos digital flyer but am hoping it is not a clearance deal-I had $13 left and thought I could not buy 2 of the item at regular price so bought one. Was surprised at the till by the total and asked employee is that price correct? Postal services and transit fares are the other things I use too. Everyone is going to have their own range of participation or not in the boycott. Will admit that the Loblaw flyer showing a points redemption promo this weekend is going to get foot traffic from anyone with lots of PC Opt pts to redeem. Plus Loblaws and RCSS are offering PC Opt pts for empty planting pots/flats returned to their garden centres.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am with everyone else, I need with @harbie , rage cleaning motivation right now.

Last week I was 100% I got this, this week is going to be insane but I have it all under control I am finally getting life back on track. Then the week came and it is now Saturday, I literally 10 to 8 finished last week's work (checking homework but still have to do the write-ups) which was good as I got an email Thursday night they are doing transformer maintenance today which means no servers (Yes, I took this personally, I know it isn't but I finished training yesterday at 2 pm and I was tandem training and I start with 2 new people tandem training Monday at 8 am so I needed to work this weekend).

Good news, I thought I was supposed to be helping Dad and Step-Mom today but ran into Step-Mom yesterday, everything is too heavy for me to help (they are moving dining room tables, dressers) so we told me not to come. Not that I do not want to help but my own house needs my help.

The kitchen is a disaster, the bathroom needs to be cleaned, the floors need to be done, my Costco shopping is still living on the floor, yeah it is going to be fun.

Also, I thought I had everything laid out for easy food last week, nope we were out of stuff by the end of Wednesday so I need to up my prep game this weekend.

Only thing about an insane week is I now have no ambition and just want to sit on the couch and do nothing today. I am tired both physically and mentally, this tandem training got the better of me which set my anxiety off because I felt like I was not giving the trainees 100%. Which I wasn't because there was 2 of them and I was panicking because I have 2 more starting Monday so there was no wiggle room, we had to be done by end of day Friday.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went to canadian tire for a few items i redeemed 7 offers got $13.12 back in triangle points ,saving up for a new hose .

Then went to the closest store for milk $6.09 unreal i guess milk went up in price.

Still weeding the front lawn -little by little ,day by day.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Made Mom's requested cake in the tube pan. I thought the heat from the oven was going to do me in, so I started some laundry and went outside to cut some grass. Some grass is so tall-probably result of the stuff Bro put on the lawn over a week and a half ago.

Body was struggling with second section of grass (pain and breathing). Managed to do what I intended then I went back inside to handwash my shoes, jacket, socks before my muscles gave up on me entirely. Had a 2h+ evening nap due to pain. Feeling a touch better post-nap.

Thought that rain in the forecast was going to fall-the sky did get watery looking a few times but no drops fell during yard work.
    I did not go to any stores. Mom did buy groceries, so we are set for tomorrow. Sweet dreams, everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did not get as much done yesterday as I had hoped (which honestly, I expected, I was so worn down yesterday) but I got the kitchen clean which makes me feel like my world is right again.

Last night's dinner was Pulled Pork over Mashed Potatoes with Broccoli, we made extra Mashed Potatoes so that one night this week we can make Mashed Potato Bake which we will probably pair with a Meatloaf from the freezer.

Today I need to spend the day in the kitchen getting ready for the week to come, right now this is plan, we will see if it changes:
    Breakfast - Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Triple Berry Sauce and Whipped Greek Yogurt
    Lunch - Burger Salad Bowls with Mac Sauce
    Produce Prep - Cucumbers, Green Onions, Peppers, Apples
    Sides - Rice & Sweet Potatoes (Already have Mashed Potatoes from last night)
    Baking - Cookies (I owe our Plant Manager, he did my customer's inventory for me so I could take Mom to an appointment and he is doing both of my plant tours this week since the other plant manager left last week), I might also make Muffins if I have time.
    Prep - Need to grate all 3 cheeses (Cheddar, Mozzarella & Parm)

Then if I can get all of this done, I will move on to cleaning, I am tired already.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Ciel21 I hope after a nights sleep you’re feeling better
    @SassyAshley I wish I could meal prep like you. I always have the best intentions but the follow through is the tough part

The cooler weather has come back with some rain coming (my back told me about that ) so not much going on outside unless the rain stays away. At least I won’t have to water the garden.

We will be getting in a strength training session today, folding and putting away the laundry in the dryer and if the rain stays away then a quick trip to a farmer’s market.

Also dropping off the shirts I bought for our family vacation that I’m having a local lady custom print them for me. $8 cotton shirts form WM and $15/shirt for the custom print.

Hoping everyone has a great Sunday

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am off to my SIL's to play Scrabble-we always enjoy that. I hope she doesn't beat me this time!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , Thank you so much. I must admit some days are better than others, today was a hard day all day my body fought me telling me it needs a break and I hear it but today was one of those that just is not option type of days.

Ok, let's see how I did:

Breakfast - Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Triple Berry Sauce and Whipped Greek Yogurt- Done All three are in the fridge ready to go.
    Lunch - Burger Salad Bowls with Mac Sauce -Done, Sauce is made (oh my gosh I combined 2 recipes and I nailed it, if I do say so myself), Ground Beef has been browned and pickles cut, will chop lettuce each night.
    Produce Prep - Cucumbers, Green Onions, Peppers, Apples - Did not get this done but Mom has offered she will do it tomorrow if I leave a list.
    Sides - Rice & Sweet Potatoes (Already have Mashed Potatoes from last night) - Did not get done but Mom can make during the week if I let her know.
    Baking - Cookies (I owe our Plant Manager, he did my customer's inventory for me so I could take Mom to an appointment and he is doing both of my plant tours this week since the other plant manager left last week), I might also make Muffins if I have time. - Made Lemon Ricotta and Chocolate Chip Cookies, I will leave one at each location (I will be in 3 locations this day) and the rest will be for us. No Muffins.
    Prep - Need to grate all 3 cheeses (Cheddar, Mozzarella & Parm) - All three are done.

I am happy with what I got done but as I said it was fight. Around 3 I was done and just needed a shower, when I got out all I wanted to do was go to bed. Then I remembered I did not clean out the fridge and take-out the garbage so I came down and did this, also took out the bathroom and living room garbage, better out than sitting here.

I did some basement shopping for Mom she has a list of stuff she wanted on the main floor so I brought it all up for her.

Now, I have some work I need to get done before tomorrow morning but all I want to do is crochet more blueberries and go to bed LOL.
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy -wow that a lot ,you rest now and crochet away .

Did a bit of weeding today ,hubby cut front lawn .

Popped into dollarama got reusable cotton pads for makeup removal,they come in a nice wooden little round container with lid and a bag to wash them $4.75 plus bought 3 pairs of socks 3.00 for hubby and i .I got a lovely garden stake with a bird on it for $4.75.4 grain bread 3.00.

Oh and got gas on way home at petro $159.9 loves saving .80 off my bill cause i used my credit card plus .13 triangle points -nice to get 2 deals on the one bill.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, May 5th, 2024 at 06:26 PM.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rescued 16 pounds of almonds from a trip to the dump. Looks like I've got enough snacks for the next 12 NHL seasons!
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! What a beautiful sunny start to the day!

Was out of the house at 730am and headed to the lake for a walk. Many people out walking and driving/parking in the park.

Took steak out of the freezer so that will be dinner. Will bbq and putter in the garage later

Wrote out a to do list. Already sorted the small load of laundry I will wash. I want to keep up on it so will so this load now and hang to dry and then wash sheets on Thursday.

We need to do a dump run- have an old office chair to dump but it will be free because of the metal. Will have someone put in my SUV tonight and then I can take it tomorrow.

Suppose to have a marketplace sale today (I was holding it till she returned) I need to get posting! So much to sell and build my crap sold envelope!
    I will try and post some things this afternoon. I need my small portable table back from DS that he borrowed. It is great to set up quickly and use when cleaning/organizing.

Have a wonderful day!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information