User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree571Likes

Thread: 2024-05 May Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Seen at Dollar Tree. YMMV.
    Lindt 60% dark chocolate balls, 3 pack, $0.50. And Kit Kat bars, $0.50. Both expire May 31. Resisted the tempation and just bought the funnels we went in for. $1.75 for 3 size kitchen funnels.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Shwa girl -i used a bit of dawn (blue bottle) on Cara,s yellow new t-shirt the other day she had dirt and chocolate ice cream on it ,worked like a charm.

I went to sobeys for a few deals
    (2) kraft peanut butter 5.77-1.00 cpn=4.77
    then decided to get cherries saved $1.35 but still cost me $10.00 oh well
    reduced oat milk 1.99

Then went in to dollarama got new kitchen sissors and small cans of pop 3.00 crush and 7-up.
    Shwa Girl, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I always have Blue Dawn on hand, we do not use it on Dishes, we use the Palmolive with Oxi but we use Blue Dawn for so many other cleaning needs around the house.

Mom used to teach Cake Decorating and was a Custom Framer (working with putties and other things) Blue Dawn was a life saver on her clothes. I still now any type of oil or grease gets Blue Dawn before it goes in the washer.

I also use Blue Dawn when I am deep cleaning to do things like washing the walls down as it does not leave a residue.
    coupon girl, Shwa Girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sassy-I think it would be great if on Sunday you could spend 1 hr on housework and 1 hr on catch up work work and wile away the rest of the day-I know you won't think this is possible but I am pretty sure the world won't come to an end if you try it!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Suppose to be rainy today and tomorrow so good days to work and tidy the inside of the house.

Last week we went kayaking and to the beach. Summer has started! This summer is going to be great

I picked up my sister's dog yesterday to take home with us for the week (going to their place on Friday for the weekend so will bring him back home then)
    Our dog passed away last month and the house is feeling so empty. Needed some puppy love. He is a great walker so it gets me out too.
    I took him for a good walk last night and he slept so well. Me too lol

I was tempted to log in work yesterday and deal with my emails after being off last week. Glad I didn't and they weren't that bad at all. I have gone through them all and now can deal with it all this morning. My office needs some love so hopefully I can continue cleaning it later today.

Last week I posted one large item from the garage and sold it so $10 going into my "crap sold" envelope. Need to get posting tonight with hopefully pick ups tomorrow and Wednesday!

Foodland- Stocked DS up on the Leadbetter burger patties. Prefer homemade but like to have these in the freezer for him for when he is on his own. Bought 4 boxes but will pick up a few more tonight/tomorrow. Then I need to stop freezer shopping. We are stocked up for a long while!

Have a great Monday!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Suppose to be rainy today and tomorrow so good days to work and tidy the inside of the house.

Last week we went kayaking and to the beach. Summer has started! This summer is going to be great

I picked up my sister's dog yesterday to take home with us for the week (going to their place on Friday for the weekend so will bring him back home then)
    Our dog passed away last month and the house is feeling so empty. Needed some puppy love. He is a great walker so it gets me out too.
    I took him for a good walk last night and he slept so well. Me too lol

I was tempted to log in work yesterday and deal with my emails after being off last week. Glad I didn't and they weren't that bad at all. I have gone through them all and now can deal with it all this morning. My office needs some love so hopefully I can continue cleaning it later today.

Last week I posted one large item from the garage and sold it so $10 going into my "crap sold" envelope. Need to get posting tonight with hopefully pick ups tomorrow and Wednesday!

Foodland- Stocked DS up on the Leadbetter burger patties. Prefer homemade but like to have these in the freezer for him for when he is on his own. Bought 4 boxes but will pick up a few more tonight/tomorrow. Then I need to stop freezer shopping. We are stocked up for a long while!

Have a great Monday!
    @Frugalbigmama sorry for the loss of your beloved fur baby.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sorry about the passing of your dog frugbigmama.

We had company my brother and hubbys older brother and his wife-i put out fresh fruit and veggies ,walnuts.Coffee tea ,cookies and pop if any one wanted one.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thank you ladies.

Enjoying my coffee while going through work emails. Going to power through my stuff and then finish cleaning my office!

I made Chicken Parm for dinner last night.(using up sauce from take out weeks ago that I tossed in the freezer) Took steak and pork chops out of the freezer for dinner tonight. Have a sunflower crunch salad that I will have with my steak. Will make a veggie and baked potato for the others. While bbqing tonight I will post things from the garage for sale.

We are doing a patio crawl this summer. We started at a local place on Friday night that we loved before. The view/atmosphere was beautiful. The food/price not so much!! So disappointing as I have had many work lunches at this place (different location same owners) and it was amazing. Doubt we will give them a 2nd try since there are so many place to go.

Another rainy day so hoping tomorrow is a nice day. We want to go kayaking! Bought a new leakproof coffee cup that will fit perfectly in the cup holder

Have a wonderful day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got my gas bill for May.
    I paid $11 for gas and $25 Federal Carbon Tax!
    That's insane.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We have sunshine!

Enjoying my coffee and planning my work day.

I'm going to start prepping the front door/area for paint. We are going Black! Eventually do the garage doors as well but one step at a time!
    This is going to be DS's summer project but I want to get started. I need some sunshine today

Enjoy the day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found a carton of medium-sized eggs outside of RCSS. Four were cracked, but tasted just fine when cooked with a can of beans for dinner.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF! Blue skies and sunshine again

Cleaned out my vehicle yesterday afternoon. Had a large bag of garbage on the go and happy to finally have it gone!@

We went kayaking yesterday after work. It was beautiful and took tons of pictures! Lots of turtles!

Packing up now to head to my sister's. Bringing a nail kit for my niece. Told her last weekend that I would do her nails when I came for this weekend.

Have a great weekend!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh what a week but atleast I have been working local which makes it a tad easier.

@lizzie bargain , thank you to be honest I do not remember what I did or did not get done on Sunday other than I emailed Dad and asked that I not need to go in Monday so I could try to get caught up. He agreed so that was one bonus.

@Frugalbigmama , so sorry to hear about your fur baby.

Tuesday ended up a little chaotic because I needed to see the doc and the only time he could get me in was Tuesday at 4 but I was supposed to be in training. Good news was she was doing some work alone stuff so AP watched over well I went to the Doc.

Wednesday we ended up finished training which means I got yesterday as an extra work from home day and I was ecstatic. Yesterday was my happy day where I finally started to feel like there was some hope. I got to get caught up on some of the work things (the list is still long but I don't feel lost), I made a nice Dinner last night (Chicken Parm with Broccoli), I clean up after dinner (cannot remember the last time that happened) and I got to crochet after dinner. I felt like I was back in my old rhythm and it felt good, I felt like me again.

I will be off part of this afternoon to take Mom to an appointment. This morning I did run out to grab a few groceries now that it is cottage season if you do not go Thursday or Friday AM you will see a lot of bare shelves and most sale items sell out. I get that it is a season of life but I still find myself buying more convince foods to ensure on the busy days I can get dinner on the table. Part of me is bothered by this trying to remind myself this is short term and it better than getting take-out.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Just got my gas bill for May.
    I paid $11 for gas and $25 Federal Carbon Tax!
    That's insane.
    You forgot to share how pricey the delivery charge is nowadays. That is always theatrical to read.
    HermanH likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's been a few days away but I have glanced at posts here and there while looking for this week's gift card offers. Sunshine yesterday and today has improved the visuals for the Canadian Open underway in Ancaster. I managed to see a part of the CBC coverage this morning on one of CBC's streaming channels live from the golf course. I have not checked to see if there was local media coverage of the first concert last night posted on Youtube. I have mentioned how there are strict rules about camera use during the tournament so I think only media might have had permission to film evening shows.

Sibling got the upright freezer (no casters, just screw in white legs)that can be switched to fridge mode from Costco. While this item has been discussed for years, no one thought to include me in discussing where it will go. There is no way to sit by the phone when I need to as the new appliance has taken the space. In protest, I moved the phone to the living room for a day and a half. Then someone put the phone back in kitchen.

This week, Nordstrom sent an e-mail that Canadians can shop using the Borderfree service. Just have to ensure the Canada setting is in the upper right corner of the screen on the chain's website, or the setting in the bottom left corner is set to Canada. Then prices will reflect Cdn $ and Borderfree will calculate customs charges and any import fees when one is ready to checkout and pay. Good to know! By the way, Nordstrom Rack still does not ship to Canada-so save your orders for pickup in the US at your preferred store (you can make an online account and a wishlist too)if you are going across the border soon.

Tuesday, I managed to get the Butterball turkey burgers from Giant Tiger and the Summer Experience guide from Longos. It's evident to me that the steak spice buns et all that Longos used to have are gone; the magazine kept referring to their brioche buns for the burger recipes.

Yesterday's mail-a few flyers including a new one from Mastermind Toys, which had a $10 off wus $50 coupon expiring on June 12 (some exclusions). Not sure if one can use it for the upcoming Grandparents Days next week. Little Tikes garden chair is listed as "garden chair" on the website (it does not show up when you search "Little Tikes." Flyer indicates the chair is BOGO free-price is $9.99 and chair is red (for 12mo+ ages). Since the chain is celebrating its 40 years of business, there are some events posted for June online.

I used this week to finalize gift purchases for three giftees. Still waiting on part of order from Indigo but I prepared the greeting cards, bags and tissue with the items I have on hand. Let me tell how how exciting it is to find a baby textile item with the print I wanted but that was sold out at many vendors including the manufacturer's website! Local vendor had the item!

Since I have some $$ remaining on the Indigo gift card, I am considering whether to get magazines or summer outdoor toys (or preorder a book that I want). Ideally, I intend to shop this weekend and avoid travel for most of next week due to heat/rain. Also need a few grocery items.

It truly is hard to accept today is the last day of May 2024. Seems we blinked after Victoria Day weekend and here we are.
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information