User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree714Likes

Thread: 2024-06 June Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like another great start to the month, with an Oilers victory.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy June, I am hoping for a quieter month. But I will say after that one extra work from home day, I feel like I can do this, I got this, and I am hopeful for June instead of feeling I cannot handle all of this.

Yesterday did not go as planned, we got an appointment to met with the surgeon but he is not willing to do the surgery on Mom because of her weight (which we knew she had to lose weight and she is working on it) but even if she loses the weight he is not willing to do the surgery because she will have extra skin and he feels the risk is too high. So he is referring her to a surgeon on Toronto that does the surgery lattery so now we wait for that phone call.

After Mom's appointment I did a bunch of running around I needed to get done but have been putting off because work has been so insane.

I went to RCSS to get more oregano pills, grabbed two bottles so that will keep me going for awhile. Also thinking I might grab some of the Life Brand version as it is a lower dose and I could use for maintenance we will see, maybe another day.

Then I went to Michael's and replaced my 3.75" hook which somehow I have lost, I have no idea where it went, I always keep my hooks in the same place but all of a sudden it is gone. Plus I got more Polyfill since my current project needs to be stuffed.

Then off to Costco because Chicken Breasts are $6 off a package this weekend so I grabbed 3 packs (still need to process these) plus I grab a few other things. They still do not have the Kirkland Greek Yogurt and I did not grab any at the other Costco because I had some but now I need more, so I grabbed a tub of the Organic to try. Plus we tried this random pasta sauce and we really liked it so I grabbed 2 more 3-packs, it is not Raos.

The odd thing I have found is I am noticing recently the Kirkland products aren't the cheaper option. Salsa the Tostitos is Cheaper than Kirkland, the Pasta Sauce this one I got is cheaper than Kirkland, Chocolate chips, the Chipits are cheaper than the Kirkland and in most cases the "name Brand" is a bigger package and cheaper.

I spent the morning looking for some new recipes on Pinterest, I found a few but also went down the rabbit-hole of new crochet patterns as well. But now it is time to get some stuff done.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

May the missing hook turn up soon @SassyAshley . It probably is close by or wrapped up in another project. When you find it, you find it! Thrilled you are getting into crochet. Wishing your dear Mum some good news this summer in regards to her health!

Just went on Twitter once I saw the Hamilton Spectator site had a breaking news item on Cogeco Internet being down in parts of Hamilton & Niagara. Someone thought to hack the optical fibers. I'm on Cogeco here in Ancaster and it is working. Otherwise, you might not have heard from me for some time unless I got Bro's old phone and hiked over to the fire hall to connect. His old phone is so hard to use as pop-ups block half the screen. Municipal wifi does allow connection to X and email however so good to have that as the backup option. Spent a few minutes looking at highlights posted of yesterday's Cdn Open as I am not watching it on TV or upstairs.

This is the time of year kids will often be told "go outside and play." Adults could do the same. My bit of exercise was taking the push mower out to cut some tall grass in and around the garden that Bro did not touch. Then checked for fallen branches.

Did a walk last night to Walmart to do light shopping and noticed that Walmart took the clearance rack out of the maze area to self checkout and parked racks of the $1.97 Wonder buns there. In the bakery area, it was rather hard to spot the sale buns on shelves-I was looking at Wonder Ballpark Classics on one side of aisle, while the sale items were on the opposite shelves with the sale shelf tags. Did see a few people in golf gear doing shopping-might be fans or caddies? Did score on the back clearance shelving-found a package of Leclerc banana bread with choco chip bars for $2.38. Intact but dinged package. I noticed lighter than normal taped boxes of Special K strawberry cereal bars (felt like 2-3 bars were missing in each box) and a couple of sale Pantene shampoos but again, they felt lighter than they should and had some residue on packaging to boot. Oddly, Walmart had an endcap of Perrier Slim Cans in various flavours but at $8.27. Think management was planning to rack up some sales with the tournament in town. Did see some out of province plates in the parking lot. Something is going on with bags of cherries-two product endcaps away from produce, someone just left an open bag of cherries. I took it over to produce but could not find where the cherries were so parked them outside cold room in the strawberry section. Saw a second and partially consumed bag of cherries near the bottled mineral water. Really? I alerted the Walmart greeter on duty at the exit about the peculiar sightings of fruit in odd places. Also told cashier to expect a rush on beverages and ice cream on Monday. Someone who picked up a can of beer and left it in the pop cooler at the checkout area. Beer at Walmart has its own shelf area and some cooler fridges. However beer is not supposed to be in the Pepsi or Coke coolers.

On walk home, a stealth police cruiser stopped and police woman asked me if I had seen a person walking with a ski mask recently. I said no, as I was the only walking in that stretch. Only other persons were in the area of the adjacent big box stores' parking lots without masks... Then a regular police cruiser went by maybe 3min later. Followed by a speeding SUV which I hope got ticketed for zooming through that stretch of road well above 50kph.

When I was walking along Garner Rd W. I was thinking how the dug up southside lane and shoulder had only been freshly repaired and paved in 2020 and 2021 (due to continuing water issue in one spot on shoulder). How ironic that the lane is already opened up again just under 3 years later...was there not foresight of this work happening three years ago? I did not cross over to the area of concern for water as I'd have to step down like 10inches if I crossed the open westbound lane then skirt some pylons etc. to look down. I do remember how after the road was repaved in Sept 2021, it took City about 3 weeks to get the left turn lane markings applied to the road. Fairly light traffic after 8pm. I was half-expecting the shuttle coach buses to pass by but maybe they were detouring farther south or were parked during the concert last night.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks @HermanH for starting the June thread!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I decided to put an old navy order in saved 10.00 in old navy cash ,got hubby a shirt $10.45 that is a good price and gauze shorts for me and some socks and a lux tank top for me cant beat the price of 6.97 for top.$40 in total -gotta slowly expand my wardrobe oh and hubbys too.

Had a wonderfull day today saw 3 different sets of family at 3 various times.Then hubby cut the lawn .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found an unused Petrocan Wash&Go card good for 3x car washes and 3x vacuum visits.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-if your Mum is having a hip replacement the lateral surgery is much better. My husband had it and he came home the same day-a quicker recovery too as they don't cut any muscles.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Back in Ontario for June. The vegetable garden needs a lot of attention. DS1 needed some help and direction and he is going to attempt to grow what he wants as we will be in NS from July to late October with a week home in September. We did a quick Costco run. I really miss having Costco close. We picked up some flowers and veggies and the garden stuff is already getting marked down.
    May was a very spendy month with lots of stuff for the house and the trip out east so this month we are going to try to reduce expenses as much as possible. I downloaded a few more gas apps to save along the way and that provided a few snack options. We have also taken to packing all lunches and drinks for the trip and that save so much. It was worth it to drive as we took a load of furniture and will do the same when we go back.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Back in Ontario for June. The vegetable garden needs a lot of attention. DS1 needed some help and direction and he is going to attempt to grow what he wants as we will be in NS from July to late October with a week home in September.
    Make sure he knows how the plants are supposed to look!

I took a swing at a garden and threw some budding potatoes into the soil, sometime in April. I started weeding, today. I got the dandelions out and a slew of others. Then I started to remove other green things before I realized that I don't know how potato plant leaves look and I might just have 'weeded' my potato plants.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain , yes it is hip replacement surgery and thank you for sharing.

I was a little put off because we have waited months for this appointment only to find out this doc would never accept her as a patient. We knew she has to lose weight but for him to say even if she did lose weight she would not be accepted she does not fit his criteria. Which from him is fine (he has his criteria) but why did they refer her to a surgeon that would never operate on her.

Also good to hear about the lateral procedure he was not able to give us much info as he does not do the lateral procedure but made it feel like it is an option but..... Especially since apparently no one in our local hospital does the lateral procedure had my mind spinning a little bit. We were told during her assessment she could go home the same day, she could do stairs but I did not know if that would change going to the lateral procedure. I don't know I guess it is just the unknown and that he made it seem like very few do the lateral procedure had me concerned. But I also know she needs this done and whatever it takes to get it done.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , I am also trying to slowly add to my wardrobe because our new head office has its own dress code that is different from the rest of the company and about 97% of my wardrobe is not within our dress code at head office. But in all fairness I am used to dressing that if I have to go out into a warehouse on the production floor I can.

So this year I am trying my best to become a summer dress girly. I love summer dresses but I always shy away because A)I feel uncomfortable in dresses B) in the past when I have tried to wear dresses even if I think I am going into the office to train, 3 people call in sick and next thing you know, there I am in the warehouse in a dress trying to load product. Which option B) cannot happen at the our new head office because no customers come there.

I just an order from Old Navy as I found a dress I fell in love with and was honestly so worried it wasn't going to fit because people said the mid section was tight but it fits and I love it and I want to live in it. As well I needed some under tops to wear under some of my dresses as they are a little low cut for work. I think I will keep most of it but there are 3 or 4 things that might go back, we will see. I always try on twice before I decide.

I now have 5 or 6 dresses so now I am on the look out for tops as normally I wear T-Shirts to work, keep it simple but T-Shirts are not allowed at Head Office so right now I have like 3 tops I can wear when working there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley I hope the dresses you are considering have pockets. actual sleeves (not raglan or cap sleeves-they'll bind on your shoulders when you are doing lots of bending or lifting) and are of woven fabric (not a loose weave) or firmly knit fabric. To avoid snagging issues and also to minimize overly drapey hems or fluttery sleeves getting caught on pallets or corners of fixtures or even in the paper shredder slot. I can totally envision you in a safari style cargo pocket jacket and pants or long shorts ensemble. Bootcut pants could be helpful--I don't know if you have to change footwear if you are in the production area for safety reasons. Likely you have to wear closed toe footwear regardless of the setting given that you can be expected to change locations or duties on short notice.Probably would be a good idea to pack an extra set of clothing in the car as backup, as well as having a set of production clothing (would an overcoat or work apron be needed?) in the office for changing into.

40% off dresses at Cleo https://www.cleo.ca/clothing/dresses/work-dresses/

https://www.rw-co.com/en/women/featured/readytowork

Uniqlo's weekend only sale ends today to commemorate 40 years of business. Brand does a lot of basics in solid colours. Fit does need to be tried on as its does seem to skew small depending on the garment. https://www.uniqlo.com/ca/en/women/tops/shirts-and-blouses

Laura's Office & Work Dresses https://laura.ca/collections/office-work-dresses

Nordstrom US has its half-yearly sale, in case you find something you like! https://www.nordstrom.com/browse/sale/women?breadcrumb=Home%2FWomen%2FWomen%27s%20Sale&o rigin=topnav&filterByProductType=clothing_shirts

Torrid US website but there are mall stores with smaller selection as well: https://www.torrid.com/work-any-wear/
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Jun 2nd, 2024 at 02:22 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just popped over to fortinos here is a few good deals i got
    (3) ziploc bags 19 medium size 5.99-3.00 loadable fortinos offer i got -personal 800 points=2.72 each awesome price
    (2) olympic yogurt 5.99-2.00 loadable fortinos offer-2.00 cpn=1.99 each
    taylor farms mango type salad 2.99 a bag

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well yesterday was diy haircut time! Did the ponytail so the lower longer layer of hair could be cut off. I can feel a short back of hair line on left side (ponytail holder slipped and as I held on to it while removing hair, the holder was being pulled to one side as I was cutting, so I knew what was going on). 10minutes then a bit of trimming. I will check the back of haircut next week. Just pleased to have about 4 inches of hair off from my neck. Today, I had a short hot flash of under 1 min and I could feel the heat on my neck and collarbone area as the heat flowed then ebbed. It's like my body is a little kid playing with the light switch of hormones!

After some video viewing this morning and a chat with relatives (gift thanks) , I decided to prepare a pan of cut potatoes for roasting as Bro was finishing the steak grilling for his meal. Mom was happy to have both steak and potatoes for lunch when she returned home.

Today's rain is really not encouraging me to go out but I should see if I can get on the next local bus to Indigo and a short shop at Sobeys. I'll probably have to wait for Thursday otherwise to go to the stores. I did watch some highlight videos of yesterday's RBC Canadian Open action (grounds look fabulous) but as I don't have cable, I am unable to access TSN for live viewing. I'm sure the 6 pm supper news will have some video tonight.

Happy first Sunday in June!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I did watch some highlight videos of yesterday's RBC Canadian Open action (grounds look fabulous) but as I don't have cable, I am unable to access TSN for live viewing. I'm sure the 6 pm supper news will have some video tonight.
    Tried to watch some of the Game 5 NHL Playoffs with Edmonton on Friday, but not a single public channel was showing it. Also, no live hockey for tonight's Game 6, in CANADA. How ridiculous. They want fans to cheer and support a team they cannot see. I could understand a local blackout, perhaps, but the arena is already sold out. So, what's the point of a blackout? Don't want me to watch? No problem. I'll vacuum the house, instead.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information