User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I bought these awhile back when they were on sale, after getting some of the coupons in a trade. I bought a variety of them, and tonight I tried the chili ones.

I had leftover cooked chicken breasts to use up. I browned some onions, added a can of the tomatoes (which smell much like chili coming out of the can), a can of black beans and one of red kidney beans and a packet of taco seasoning, as well as some shredded chicken.

Came out good! Even DS is eating it (once I'd removed any onions I could find from his bowl). I'd definitely buy these tomatoes again.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good to know - thanks! I haven't bought these yet.

One thing I discovered are the Heinz chili beans - they are awesome! They flavour a pot of chili a lot so I don't have to add a lot of extra.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I bought these awhile back when they were on sale, after getting some of the coupons in a trade. I bought a variety of them, and tonight I tried the chili ones.

I had leftover cooked chicken breasts to use up. I browned some onions, added a can of the tomatoes (which smell much like chili coming out of the can), a can of black beans and one of red kidney beans and a packet of taco seasoning, as well as some shredded chicken.

Came out good! Even DS is eating it (once I'd removed any onions I could find from his bowl). I'd definitely buy these tomatoes again.
    DS doesn't like onions. My brother was the same and picked each and every one out, grumbling all the while.
    My mother use to make the dinner cutting the onions very large. Then my brother's dish had no onions visible but had all the nutrition value of the onion in the meal.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    DS doesn't like onions. My brother was the same and picked each and every one out, grumbling all the while.
    My mother use to make the dinner cutting the onions very large. Then my brother's dish had no onions visible but had all the nutrition value of the onion in the meal.
    I was the same way when I was a kid, hated onions. It wasn't the taste so much as the texture, the kind of crunch of a cooked onion. But now I love 'em! I swear, when DS finds an onion or a mushroom in his food, he looks at me as though I were trying to poison him.

Thread Information