User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tide PODS

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Has anyone else tried them? What do you think of them?

I tried them (but I just bought the small bag of 14 or 16, whichever it is) and I love them! They are so convenient, take up such a small amount of room and they're kinda fun to play with My only slight complaint is that ALL of the different pods are scented, I sure do hope they come out with a "free" PODS - then I'd be a really happy camper!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to try them.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds very attractive!, I would try if there is a chance in this weekend . thx for share!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I got a free sample from Costco. I haven't tried it yet.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I tried them in my HE machine a couple of days ago. I did 2 loads and followed the instructions on the packaging. Unfortunately, the pods did not break open in the machine, therefore the laundry was not clean. I do not think that I will switch from my favorite liquid laundry detergent.
    hogama likes this.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Oh, bummer. I should've added that my machine is just a plain old top loader.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    I tried them in my HE machine a couple of days ago. I did 2 loads and followed the instructions on the packaging. Unfortunately, the pods did not break open in the machine, therefore the laundry was not clean. I do not think that I will switch from my favorite liquid laundry detergent.
    Really???? That's what I was afraid of The lady told me that they would dissolve once in contact with water. This makes me not want to try it. My other concern was it would leave a 'film' on the clothes if some of the detergent didn't dissolve.
    Thanks for the info!!
    viji_mothi and missxhillary like this.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsmommy View Post
    Really???? That's what I was afraid of The lady told me that they would dissolve once in contact with water. This makes me not want to try it. My other concern was it would leave a 'film' on the clothes if some of the detergent didn't dissolve.
    Thanks for the info!!
    I looked into it a bit after reading the other review and Tide's response was that it will dissolve in all water temperatures but at times when it's extra cold (ie. winter) then you might need to use warm water. IMO that means that it DOESN'T always dissolve in ALL water temps then...

Still haven't had any problems here though!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Im not sure I will try them.
    I take it that if you have an extra large load you would have to use 2 pods?
    what about a small load....like just a few items like your delicates....i would think a whole one would be waaay too much for a really small load. I like being able to measure everything out.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    Im not sure I will try them.
    I take it that if you have an extra large load you would have to use 2 pods?
    what about a small load....like just a few items like your delicates....i would think a whole one would be waaay too much for a really small load. I like being able to measure everything out.
    I was told that you *could* use 2 if it was a really large load.
    Not sure about a small load....I would agree with you that 1 POD would be way too much.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am too cheap to pay for the unnecessary "packaging' and I prefer to measure my own detergent. I did notice though that when they put up the SmartSource coupons today at my Safeway, they also put up lots of advertising/signage on the Tide "pod" area -- complete with flashing lights!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at Costco last week and a woman had an opened bottle and was giving them out. When I asked her for one, she told me "all gone." I ended up buying them. I tried them, but will be returning them. I had the same problem with my pod in my front load washer. It didn't break open, and thus the clothes didn't clean well. I only use Black Woolite for my darks and Tide for the rest, but I must say I was disappointed with Tide. Ultimately, I'll be returning them because:

a). The brightener in the product only works for colours, according to the rep at Costco. It doesn't help brighten whites. In other words, you still need to use bleach/other whitening alternative.

b). OK, I get it, it has a stain fighter. But I really don't need that given that I have three free Resolve that I am sure will last me and my partner a year.

Bottom line: Save your money. It's cheaper to use regular Tide, stain remover, fabric softener and bleach (when all have been bought on sale with coupons), than the Tide pods are.
    PammieD likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like the topic. Thanks for sharing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will try them (got 1 free sample) for the easability - live in an apt, so have to go down 3 loooooooong flights of stairs to laundry room so lighter to carry than the bottle of deterg. I used to love the "bricks" Tide had a few years back - then they disappeared.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by trulyblessed View Post
    I will try them (got 1 free sample) for the easability - live in an apt, so have to go down 3 loooooooong flights of stairs to laundry room so lighter to carry than the bottle of deterg. I used to love the "bricks" Tide had a few years back - then they disappeared.
    I hear you on the loooooooooong three flights of stairs. Try using a single serve pop bottle to pour some liquid in. Much lighter than lugging the whole bottle down.
    matrix82 and GoddessDigi like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information