User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tide PODS

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried a sample of one that I got to see how it would work. Never again. Two shirts were ruined and now have blue stains on them. It left a film all over the clothes. I'm going to stick to good old liquid from now on.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I tried my sample today and my clothes smells wonderful! They are more expensive that my normal brand which is Purex so I will hold off for a fantastic sale if not will continue with Purex.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I've used these a few times. I love the strong smell and the convenience but I have an he front loader and a couple times I've opened the door after the cycle to find the pod still semi intact (not dissolved) but the liquid leaked out everywhere. Nothing stained luckily but the liquid just leaked all into the door and under the rubber thingy :-S Big mess and had to re-wash the laundry again so IMO - not worth it.

Maybe I stuff too much clothes in there though lol. I'm notorious for filling that sucker to the brim.
    PammieD and torontogal12 like this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

The dissolving thing seems to be a common issue with the front loaders. As you said, if you have to re-wash, not really worth it Kinda sad! I keep hoping someone will post on here that they've channged them or something and that they're awesome and super easy! lol...I'm guessing the Sunlight pods are the same deal. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    I've used these a few times. I love the strong smell and the convenience but I have an he front loader and a couple times I've opened the door after the cycle to find the pod still semi intact (not dissolved) but the liquid leaked out everywhere. Nothing stained luckily but the liquid just leaked all into the door and under the rubber thingy :-S Big mess and had to re-wash the laundry again so IMO - not worth it.

Maybe I stuff too much clothes in there though lol. I'm notorious for filling that sucker to the brim.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I've been using the Sunlight pods since this summer in front loaders (at home) and top loader (on vacations). No problems at all - they've always dissolved and I've seen no stains. I'm kind of hesitating about using our free samples of the Tide pods after some of these reports, though.
    gourmetsue and PammieD like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ancarett View Post
    I've been using the Sunlight pods since this summer in front loaders (at home) and top loader (on vacations). No problems at all - they've always dissolved and I've seen no stains. I'm kind of hesitating about using our free samples of the Tide pods after some of these reports, though.
    Good to hear! I've been reluctant to try the Sunlight but I may give it a go now if you've had no problems!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We have used them (Tide Pods) with front and top loaders with no issues
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sat, Oct 13th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

NovaScotianCouponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Used my sample from the P&G Brandsampler today with my towels and whites, and I had no problems. I used hot water. I personally like the Purex Ultra Packs better but I still prefer liquid laundry detergent. I have a few coupons for the Purex and Sunlight packs but that I might use if there's a ever a decent sale for them. I'll use my liquid stuff up first

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I have Whirlpool Duet front loaders and had no issues with the Tide Pods samples. I wouldn't buy them since I make my own liquid detergent, but they dissolved just fine for me.

~~Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk~~

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I love these pods (we have a top loader though). I wouldn't purchase them, though, just because measuring out the liquid doesn't take much time, but they do make my clothes smell amazing.
    FallenPixels and Bear25 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive tried them, I find if you put them in first they take a while to dissolve if they too at all, but if you throw in your clothes first and than throw a pod in the middle of the clothes it tends to dissolve a lot better. I love the smell of these and they are GREAT at getting out all those tough stains. Sadly I may be allergic to something they use in their pods, so I wont be able to use them.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post

THat happened to me too - it just stuck to the door and it was a complete waste, had to rewash the whole load again. I think they changed the instructions (place first, and then the clothes, as opposed to the other way around, because if you put it on top of clothes, when it turns over, may pop the pod out and it just sticks to the door and liquid inside doesn't get to the clothes.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I tried these recently as I know a few people who get the sampler packs & won't use them, so I've collected a bunch. I love the way they make my clothes smell & have had no problems. However, I probably would never purchase them as they cost a lot more than what I am used to spending on plain liquid detergent.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Got lots of "free" Tide Pods lately, and I looooove them! Well..my boyfriend does the laundry because we live in a building and the machines are downstairs...so sometimes to bring 3-4 loads it takes MAN power haha. In all seriousness...I'm kinda afraid to go in the basement since we have some sketchy people living here

Back to the point. HE loves them becacuse they're so convenient. He doesn't have to haul the basket, the clorox wipes (it's really not great to use the same machines as your tenants), the detergent, the bleach, and the dryer sheets. So...it makes it easier and lighter for him. AND...he has a tendency to over-use the liquid detergent so it never lasts too long. With the PODS...you can't go wrong. When my freebie stash runs out, I will most likely buy them.

P.S. i've used a sunlight FPC to get some "pods" and they were equally great
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Tried them out from a sample I got. It worked, cleaned the clothes, but the only reason why I would not use them is because to me they take awhile to fully dissolve. I waited until it fully did before I put my clothes in to be safe. I will stick with my purex and now arm & hammer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information