User Tag List

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Awful, Like I'm walking in a deep fog... This is just from when they have to wean me off to switch to another
    Quote Originally Posted by oceane View Post
    does anyone knows how it feels when you stop your medication?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I was diagnosed with depression at 16, Schitzophrenia at 20 and I just got a new diagnosis last month. No longer Schitzophrenic, now I am Extreme Clinical Depression with bouts of Psycosis. Sounds bad, but it's really a step up.

I've been depressed a lot in the last month, some things have happened that I don't care to elaborate on. But I find writting in a journal helps. I can't talk about my feelings so I write in the journal then leave it with a note beside my hubby at night. We have some rules to follow when he reads it.

1. I must not be around.
    2. Reserve any questions or comments for a section in the back of the journal and I will respond to them in writting.
    3. My feelings can't be held against me. This is how I feel, good or bad.
    4. He can feel hurt by some of the comments, but he must express so in writting to me. This makes it easier to be honest and communicate without fights.
    5. He is only allowed to touch the journal when I give him permission to do so. Other than that it is off limits.

This works well for us. And I feel better with him knowing how I feel. I just can't tell him what is bothering me when he is sitting in front of me waiting for answers. I suggest this to people who cannot communicate well during depression.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oceane View Post
    does anyone knows how it feels when you stop your medication?
    I went through really bad withdrawls stopping my meds cold turkey. I was vomitting all the time, always cold, just like comming off Smack. It was rough, and it lasted for 3 weeks. I would not suggest it. If you need to get off them have your doctor ween you off. Trust me on this one.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caitfoster View Post
    I just got a new diagnosis last month. No longer Schitzophrenic,
    YAY!! Best news I've heard in a long long time!!

Congratulations Cait!! You truly deserve this for helping out so many people!! This news brightened my day

Keep up the good work and the determination and don't stop helping out others

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks. I'm glad to hear that too. It's easier to take that diagnosis for sure.

Boo, you are the greatest.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've suffered from SAD for years, now. I also had PPD.

I was fortunate to have a doctor who got me to try light therapy before starting on meds. It is a amazing thing, it's completely natural, has no side effects, and is much less expensive than meds.

There's a very disturbing documentary about Paxil, and th US lawsuits surrounding it - I think it's called "Selling Sickness"

I wish more doctors would be willing to try alternative therapies. Although light therapy is hardly alternative - it's actually recomended by the CMA as a first line treatment for many types of deppression, not just SAD.

Of course, treating with light therapy is a great way for me to distinguish between sadness and depression, as it gets rid of deppression, but still allows me to feel all emotions, I'm not numb or artificially happy. So this week I'm having a bad week, but I actually know that that's because of some things that I am going through, and not because of some imbalance.

I think meds a great for those who need them - but if you're just now acknowledging your struggle with depression - I strongly recommend trying light therapy before heading straight to meds, or at least discussing it with your doctor.

Even light therapy should be discussed with your doctor, it is a great part of treatment - but it may not be the only thing that you need.
    Last edited by swouper2; Fri, Oct 10th, 2008 at 04:31 PM.
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugsssssssssssss}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Just wanted to give you guys hugs as I think it's very good that you are able to help others who are in the same situation but aren't able to speak of it.

I don't suffer from depression but have family members that have and still do. It can make life so difficult at times. My mom ended up suffering, the only way she knew how, 17 months ago next month.

Again, just wanted to give you guys hugs
    http://users.eastlink.ca/~linder/PetiteFemmeAvatar.jpg

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will meet my doctor on october 20. I know that I have to stop my med slowly. Maybe it's different because its a post-partum depression and I changed a lot of things in my life in the past year. I use to work 50 hours a week with 2 kids, now I work about 20 hours with 3 kids but its not a stressful job this time! But I don't want to be on medication all my life! Will let you know later how I feel.

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

I have never been diagnosed but I swear I am suffering from it. I am scared to go to the doctor because I have been told of mothers who lost their children because of it. In no means are mine in any danger but well... someone has to know what I mean.

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nv_jenn View Post
    I have never been diagnosed but I swear I am suffering from it. I am scared to go to the doctor because I have been told of mothers who lost their children because of it. In no means are mine in any danger but well... someone has to know what I mean.
    I can't speak for all doctors, but they would rather see you seek help than not and harming your children in some way (neglect as well). And look at my diagnosis. I told my doctor and my psychiatrist that I was going to try to get pregnant and they are encouraging me and helping with my meds. They want me to stay healthy for my children.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

alternative therapies really should be explored. we are whole people and treatment of any kind for any condition is person centered. i am glad to hear someone say this in the forum. this is covered by a mcp referral but you have to be near a doctor who actually practices. in canada and in the medical community this concept is dismissed. my friend saw one in bc and has been off her medication for almost 4 years now. she has been diagnosed with bp. vitamins are medications and should be monitored .. however. she is healthy and is finishing her masters in a few months.most can't access these services, but some get lucky and can make appointments during vacations like my friend. ther is always hope and for prayer that someday legions of people will have a chance to try something new.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kaela View Post
    alternative therapies really should be explored. we are whole people and treatment of any kind for any condition is person centered. i am glad to hear someone say this in the forum. this is covered by a mcp referral but you have to be near a doctor who actually practices. in canada and in the medical community this concept is dismissed. my friend saw one in bc and has been off her medication for almost 4 years now. she has been diagnosed with bp. vitamins are medications and should be monitored .. however. she is healthy and is finishing her masters in a few months.most can't access these services, but some get lucky and can make appointments during vacations like my friend. ther is always hope and for prayer that someday legions of people will have a chance to try something new.
    It's sucks how alternitive medicine is not covered by the government. It's so expensive that some cannot afford it. Here it is 180$ for the consult and you have to return every two weeks @ 90$. I know of many people who could benifit from this, but just can't on a fixed income.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw a psy at the beginning of my depression (it was free from the CLSC) but I didn't connect with her at all. She really made pressure on me to talk as soon as possible to my doctor to get some medication. I stopped seeing her after 2 meetings, I really had nothing to say to her ( and to nobody at that time) but I am sure that women never suffer depression, that's why you need to talk with people that went troughout the same thing...

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Have you tried a physcologist? Especially one that does cognitive therapy. You need to be comfortable with therapist and pressured does not help you. Sorry that person was that way with you. You should discuss with your family doctor & possibly referral to locl mental health unit for counsoling its free

addicted to coupon trains couponkristin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

treatment resistant Major Depressive Disorder... anyone who wants to talk is always welcome to PM me. I've been on at least one drug from every class of depression drugs and I'm currently on an MAOI. After this we're going back on the waiting list for TMS... they rejected me before because I hadn't tried the MAOIs.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information