User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GoJays
  • 1 Post By marstec

Thread: Looking for deals and tips for a future familly vacation to Seaside Oregon, pls help.

Trading Score
    641 (100%)

Hi Everyone!!

We're planning a family vacation (short one) down to Seaside Oregon with the kids. We're hoping to see their zoo and maybe a few fun family attractions. If anyone has any tips on where to go, how to get coupons, deals there please post or pm me to let me know.

Also if anyone has an Oregon Entertainment book or access to one and can get the Buy One Get One Free Admission coupons to the Zoo I would happily trade for them!!!

Thanks everyone!!

SG
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Shop Girl; Mon, Apr 2nd, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
    If you haven't joined Swagbucks yet, it's a great way to earn amazon gift cards and many others by simply using their search engine or doing easy clicks. Please join with my referral link - thanks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ShopGirl

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lordy, it's been about 15 years since I've been to Oregon. I don't remember too much of what to do there - when I went to visit my cousin we usually hopped in the car and drove down to California.. lol. I do, however, remember once we went here: http://www.omsi.edu/ It's the science centre in Portland.. Don't know how old your kids are but I do remember there was a lot of hands-on stuff there to play with. PLUS they have a US Navy submarine in the water that you can take a tour of I envy you, wish I could go back - I always loved Oregon... and I miss my cousin
    Shop Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Have you looked on TripAdvisor under the Oregon forum? Lots of information there and you can ask specific questions to the experts. I use that site for checking out hotel and restaurant reviews.
    Shop Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    641 (100%)

Thanks for the tips!! I'll be looking into TripAdvisor. Hoping to find some discount coupons for the Zoo there. Any other tips or info. would be great appreciated. Thanks all!
    If you haven't joined Swagbucks yet, it's a great way to earn amazon gift cards and many others by simply using their search engine or doing easy clicks. Please join with my referral link - thanks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ShopGirl

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Girl View Post
    Thanks for the tips!! I'll be looking into TripAdvisor. Hoping to find some discount coupons for the Zoo there. Any other tips or info. would be great appreciated. Thanks all!
    Just like in Canada buy snacks in a grocery store not a convenience store.Stop at a tourism office they might have coupons.

Trading Score
    641 (100%)

Still haven't found any discounts for the Oregon Zoo... anybody have any ideas?

thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Girl View Post
    Still haven't found any discounts for the Oregon Zoo... anybody have any ideas?

thanks!
    What time of the month are you going? Admission is $4 pp on the second Tuesday of each month. There is $1.50 off if you arrive via bus or light rail - you'll need to show your ticket or pass. If you are a member of your local zoo, you should see whether discounts apply at other zoos (I know aquarium members have reduced rates at other affiliated aquariums).

Trading Score
    641 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    What time of the month are you going? Admission is $4 pp on the second Tuesday of each month. There is $1.50 off if you arrive via bus or light rail - you'll need to show your ticket or pass. If you are a member of your local zoo, you should see whether discounts apply at other zoos (I know aquarium members have reduced rates at other affiliated aquariums).
    Thanks, I noticed those on their website too, unfortunately we'll be going near the end of the month. I've tried to see if our Aquariums, etc. match up but unfortunately they don't.

Thanks so much for the input!!

Signed up for the groupon offers for the areas too but nothing so far.

Thread Information