User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    267 (100%)

The Canadian Tire here in Wallaceburg (Ontario) is GARBAGE. I'm so pee'd off with them.

I bought a pair of rollerblades from the Chatham store. Got home, went back out to do some grocery shopping. Came home, tried them on, darn, too big.

I pack them up, load up my kids, go to the store... and low and behold, the old Land Lady I had as a teenager was working. (ROYAL B!) and a girl my sister went to school with (whom she had a problem with). So my sister looks at me and says "oh great... "

We waited 35 minutes. The lady looks at me AFTER recieving a phone call from the other girl (who looked right at us, then called the customer service desk). the lady at CS, didn't ask me ANYTHING. just looked at me and rudely says "NO I CANT RETURN THIS". and walks away.

Excuse me? there 4 hours old! So, I was MAD. I came home, Emailed CT, they told me to contact the manager. So I did. and Low and Behold, The manager says to bring them in, and he will deal with the lady.

got my $80 back. GOD i hate canadian Tire!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I had sent a letter of complaint to the Canadian Tire Branch located at 6565 Jean-Talon Est, St. Leonard on May 21st, 2009. I had no response, so I sent the letter a 2nd time this week.

The customer service we received was deplorable! We were appauled at how we were treated. May 14th my husband called the Canadian Tire at 6565 Jean-Talon Est, St. Leonard. He wanted to purchase 4 Motomaster tires and book an appointment to have them installed. The Customer Service Rep with whom he was speaking with advised him to come in after Friday as the tires in question were on sale. So he made an appointment for Saturday morning (May 16th) at 9am. He was happy that the CSR told him this, as it meant big savings.

We arrived Saturday morning for 9am. We checked in and the CSR advised us of the price. She was charging full price. We advised her that the tires in question were on sale. The second tire is 50% off. She started to argue with us telling us that they were not on sale. My husband advised her that the CSR told him over the phone that they were on sale. I even checked the on-line flyer and they were on sale. The Auto Manager said that it was impossible to see the flyer and sale prices in advance. That is funny, I received the fliers in the mail in advance and I can see the flyer off their website. I stated that it was not our fault if the CSR misquoted and that they had to honor it. We made the reservation on his price quote, and that it was not my fault.

It took MUCH arguing, and it took my husband to go into the store to find the flyer. Once we showed the flyer to the auto manager, he tried to tell us that our tires were not included in the sale. They were. He was not happy. They showed us their computer with the tire prices. I do not care if their computer shows a wrong price. If their computer showed that an SOS pad was $1000.00, would they sell it for that price? I think not!

He advised us it would be ready in one hour and that they would call us when our minivan was ready. We went next door to do our groceries at Super C. After one hour, $150.00 worth of groceries, frozen goods and meat, I waited with our baby and the groceries for my husband to get the minivan and pick us up.

When he picked me up, he was not happy at all. Canadian Tire decided to install the wrong tires without advising us or asking our permission. At this point it was too late; the new tires are on the minivan, we have $150 dollars worth of groceries that will spoil if they are not refrigerated / frozen and a hungry baby. Oh, did I mention we had a BIG rain storm, so it is not like I could stand outside with a baby, nor take a bus home (too many heavy groceries to carry).

When my husband said that he did not want the tires, all 3 employees (including the auto manager) just stood there with their arms crossed in front of them. The manager told my husband that the different tires made no difference at all. Excuse me, it does! When driving, our speedometer will not show the proper speed at which we are driving. PLUS, I did not ask for those tires. I asked for and paid for a different tire. When you purchase a 32 inch TV and you get a 27 inch TV, yes you can still see the program, but on a smaller screen!

Once home, I called the P.A.T branch to see if they had our tires in stock and how much they would tell us the price was. They had our tires in stock, and she quoted the sale price.

My husband tried contacting the store manager. My husband originally spoke with him, but nothing was done. The manager said that it was a busy weekend. They would call us back. UH, no! You will deal with me now. That is just another way to brush us off. He told my husband to call the auto department and they will change the tires.

My husband called the auto department and spoke with the auto manager . His response was “Come back and I will take back my tires, install your old winter tires” and hung up abruptly. WT? Nice, so his response is basically get the F** out of my store and I could care less if you ever shopped here again! Needless to say my husband was outraged!

This time, I called him myself. I tried to tell him what I wanted, but he kept cutting me off. I kept telling him to LET ME SPEAK, LET ME FINISH MY PHRASE. I HAVE 3 REQUESTS, NOW LET ME FINISH.

I wanted 1) Canadian Tire to change the tires and put on the ones THAT I PAID FOR at their cost.
    2) This will be done at the P.A.T (3500 BOUL. DU TRICENTENAIRE) as I do not trust his garage. Who knows what they will damage on my vehicle.
    3) I want compensation for the way we were treated.

The manager tried to tell me there was no difference in tires, that it will not make that much of a difference. It does, and who cares. I did not get what I requested and paid for. He also advised me that they were out of the tires in his store. I told him that I knew that. Your store is not touching my minivan ever again. That we were going to the PAT branch and they would do it.

I told him they are selling their tires at full price when they are 50% off the second one. He should check the sales receipts from the weekend as they are stealing from us. He said that the computers show the sale prices and that it was impossible. I said “Funny, when they showed me their computer it did not list a sale price. I saw it with my own 2 eyes.” I do not care why or how, but only his store does not show the sale price. And on Thursday the previous person who booked the appointment saw the sale price. He was calling me a liar.

His response to the way we were treated was that he knew there are problems with the customer service and that they are trying to work on it. I advised him that this was not the first time I have had problems with the service in his branch and that I have had to make a complaint in the past. This is not the way in which to treat customers.

After much arguing he said to call the garage at P.A.T. and they will do it. He said the manager over there could call him and he would Ok it. I called and the Auto manager at P.A.T. He said No. I called back. I told him to call P.A.T and arrange it himself. They could install the tires Saturday, Sunday or Monday. I had had enough of the back and forth. Fix the problem. I just spent over $1000.00 this week alone at Canadian Tire. There is a Wal-Mart across the street. They sell camping gear and household items. And look at that! They have an auto service as well. Even a pharmacy! Should I return all my items purchased and shop elsewhere?

About 10 minutes later I got a call from the Auto Manager at P.A.T. and had an appointment for 14h00. The proper tires were installed and everything was done professionally, they were fast and courteous.

Why do I have to complain, argue and go out of my way to pay the price listed on their flier? Why can C.T. not install the product that I requested and paid for? I am outraged that this Branch does not take the customer experience seriously. That they feel it is ok to treat a customer like a piece of garbage if they are busy. Or maybe it is because I am English and they hate English people. Not one of the people in the store spoke English to me. The store manager advised me that they do speak English, so what then? Is is just discrimination? Should I take my business elsewhere and blog about C.T. all over the internet?

Their response on July 09, 2009:

Thank you for your email in regards to the tires and service you received at Canadian Tire. I have sent your email to the attention of the Canadian Tire associate dealer Mr. Jacques Lacasse at the St. Leonard location. I have also spoken with the associate dealer Mr. Jacques Lacasse who has informed me that he will be dealing with the issue internally at the store. I am sorry to hear that your experience at the store was not satisfactory and I apologize and thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. Regards, ___________

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Learned a long time go to stay away from CTC for vehicle inspections, even when the car was new they always wanted to adjust the lights saying they were not aligned properly.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Who makes up these return/refund/exchange rules at CT? Seems willy-nilly to me...I guess the statement 'Some exceptions may apply' covers their butts!

THis is on their website...

Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
    Easy returns: Save your receipt
    To return an item for exchange or refund, bring it to any Canadian Tire store within 90 days, in its original condition and packaging, with your receipt and issue of Canadian Tire “Money”®. Your name, residence address and phone number will be required. That information is collected, used and retained to help prevent fraud, and may only be disclosed within Canadian Tire. Valid photo ID may be required to confirm this information. Details at our Customer Service Desk. Some exceptions may apply.
    Exceptions include:
    - Items limited to return within 30 days: all electronics
    - Items which may only be returned if they are unopened: ink cartridges, media, and memory cards
    I purchased a coleman built in pump queen air matress about 2 weeks ago, to use as a quick second bed for when my family comes to stay. New in box, took it out and pumped it up....next morning it was basically flat....thought I did something wrong so I tried again...went flat again, slow leak won't hold air. Not a cheapie either, reg about $90.

I was leary about getting an air mattress to begin with because I've heard problems with auto pumps not working after awhile. I asked the cashier before I bought it if anything should happen do they have a warranty, she said you can bring it back with receipt before 30 days, or the manufacturer's warranty would apply.

So now that it's leaking, I go to return it yesterday and I was told they don't do returns on air mattresses due to hygenic reasons. She said there are signs next to all the air mattresses, I never saw these when I bought the item. I told her it wasn't a return because I changed my mind, it's a return because it's broken...they couldn't resell it if they wanted too. I asked what if I went directly to the manufacturer....she said they'd tell me to go back to where I purchased it and I have to abide by their policy. okie!! So I didn't want to exchange for another of the same item, I decided to get a 4" foam instead. They didn't have anymore of that item in stock anyway even if I wanted to exchange. She said okay we can do an exchange for a foamie....bizarre I guess they just don't want to give money back for this item?? Probably because people buy stuff for a camping trip and try to return after? But you could do that with any item?

Anyway off I go to pick out a foamie, and what do I see all over the shelves? HUGE signs saying they don't do refunds on these items! Yeesh I know these signs weren't there before...I would have noticed because they are so obvious.

In the end I got a double sized 4" foam...cost $54!! and ended up getting cashback difference to the air mattress I originally purchased. Who makes up these return/refund/exchange rules at CT?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nwf1946 View Post
    Learned a long time go to stay away from CTC for vehicle inspections, even when the car was new they always wanted to adjust the lights saying they were not aligned properly.
    I never let crappy tire anywhere near my cars. But I bought a car in the US (saved a bundle!) and it had to be inspected by crappy tire as part of the gov't RIV import process before I could get my plates. Man.... I was extremely nervous as I couldn't see what they were doing to my new car while in the garage.
    Last edited by travelgeek; Tue, Aug 4th, 2009 at 12:50 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I filed a complaint about Canadian Tire Maisonneuve in Montreal 3 months ago and they replied (the Head office customer service) that they would inform the store manager to call me back. Nothing is heard since then. No call. No apology. Among a lot of issues with that store in my complaint, there is one thing I could not forgive their customer service: The floor manager at that time told me SHUT UP while I was starting to explain to him what happened and how his staff could not solve my problem. OMG, what was a horrible experience. I then asked for his name and title and he was so proud to show his name tag to me to note it down in my notebook. Then he sent a guard to ask me out of his store immediately, like I was a theft or sth garbage, whereas the issue I had with his staff was that they did not treat my coupons consistently with other same transactions in that store few days before and even not consistently with other same transactions in other CT store and his cashier even damaged all my coupons! I was so pissed off and would never step in that terrrible store again in my life. I wanted to contact the Ethical business bureau, but well, now I am lazy to repeat my story again and again to many people but nothing is solved. I hate CT!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Review for Canadian Tire in Saskatoon.
    I just went to return a set of mini screw drivers that hubby bought and could not use. I had the bill of sale. I just want to return the item. And they want my Photo Id, DL #, phone, address and Name. Sorry not happening when I have the bill. The cashier was like this helps against fraud, fraud of what when you have the bill. She called a training manager, he was like just give us your information ansd I was like nope and I said get the real manager. She came and was like that is policy and it is store on a closed system. Sorry I don't give out my info, I have the bill, and the crappy money. Sorry after all the Id stolen from store computer I don't leave my personal information any more, especially if I have my bill of sale. As far as I'm concern Canadian tire can kiss my big white A$$. I will be calling and talking to the Privacy commissioner again. last time I talked to his office they said they had not write to refuse a return if you have the bill of sale.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

where to start....... We are from northern Saskatchewan and had planned a trip for me and my husband and our three boys to visit my mother in Terrace, BC which is about a 20 hour drive for us. We prepared by getting new tires and oil change etc. We made it to Hinton, AB and realized that our brand new front tires had the wires hanging out. So we proceeded to find a place that could replace the front two tires and give us wheel alignment. Simple yes. SO they booked us in and we had to wait an hour for our appointment to start so we drove around looking for other tires places, no other place in HInton had our size tires, however we did talk to man at Kal-tire and told us for sure, that we needed a wheel alignment, thats why the wires were hanging out. ANyway, we went to our appointment and were told the wait would be an hour and an half. so we took our three boys for a walk. We went back after an hour and a half, expecting to have our car finished, however it looked as though they just put it on the lift. They then told us they could not do the wheel alignment because we needed to replace the tranny pan and the exhaust. My husband went out into the bay to look under the car, and the mechanic told him he couldn't do the alignment. That maybe the struts needed replacing, which we had done 2 weeks prior. The mechanic then got rude and walked away, so we just got new tires and continued driving to Terrace, which was about 900kms away. Once we got to Terrace, we went to a Kal-tire and got a wheel alignment! which was all we needed.

I could not believe this place tried to take advantage of us!! they plainly seen our plates we from Saskatchewan and we had no choice to get whatever needed to be fixed because we were between provinces!! We are a young family and thought they would understand, when we told them we needed it safe because we had our three boys with us... I will never go to a Canadian Tire Service Centre Again!!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I see many people have had issues with the CT service centre. I will add to the negative stories, only ours had an ok ending.

My mom was talking to the service manager about how her engine light was on and her car seemed to be running rough. He said they would bring it in and run a diagnostic check on it (hook it up to a scanner which would tell them why the engine light is on), and then let her know. Instead of y'know ACTUALLY RUNNING THE DIAGNOSTIC, they decided she needed a new fuel filter, and went ahead and replaced that for her.

She was then presented with a bill to the tune of almost $100. Nowhere on the bill was she charged for checking why her engine light was on. She was only charged for the fuel filter, a disposal fee for her old one, and 40 mins. of labour (even though the time in/time out on the work order shows the job took only 19 mins). Now $100 might not be alot to most people, but my mom lives off of a small income and $100 extra is enough to really mess her up for the month.

Now there is a sign posted at the service counter, which clearly states that no work in to be done to any vehicles without the customer's authorization, in the form of a signature. My mom questioned why work was done on her vehicle without her consent, and the best answer they could come up with was "they thought because it needed to be changed, that she would want it done" and that they were just trying to do her a favor. My mom never requested, or agreed to have any work done on her vehicle, and her signature does not appear abywhere on the work order. She only expected to pay for the diagnostic, which they never even performed.

She spoke to the store OWNER who never really apologized, and didn't have a good answer as to why work was being done without the customers consent. The only thing he said he could do was "talk to the service centre and make sure that from now on they are getting customers' permission before they perform work on their vehicles".

My mom reluctantly paid the bill, as she is moving out-of-province this weekend and she didn't want CT harassing her for an unpaid bill. She was really upset about the whole thing, so I urged her to call corporate and try and resolve the issue. After a call to corporate, she recieved a real apology, and will be recieving a refund for the total amount by cheque.

I will never, ever have work done at CT (not that I should need to. High fives for having a husband who is mechanically inclined), and will likely only shop there if they have a really good sale on tools or something. Their customer service is just garbage, and they don't even follow policy. I guess they figure that if they do the work on your vehicle, you'll have no choice but to pay for it, or they'll keep your car.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always have great service at Canadian Tire, and find good savings. In fact, quite a few of the cashiers are good customers at the Tim Hortons that I work at. Very friendly.

The woman just ahead of you at the supermarket checkout has all the delectable groceries you didn't even know they carried.
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information