User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: The "Other Money": What's in YOUR Wallet? *Closed - Use 2013 Thread*

micahsmom
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Speaking of superpoints we should all add each other as friends so we can increase our ranks and earn more Feel free to add me Karissa Dahl lol
    Smart Canucks is my fav
    RLF GTG points!!!!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kdahl27

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

@ karissadahl, good idea. Might take some effort to coordinate and such but it does help when we can work together.

I had another great month on the Other Money totals, almost $185 for the month of March! Sweet!

I have firmly decided that the air miles program is getting a little too much for me to keep up with (increased prize rates and less bonus air mile events at Rexall and Metro, at least for stuff I'd need). I think though that I have almost 70 AMs in my account so I'll save towards one last redemption and then will just focus on my other loyalty programs.

In general savings news, I called up Rogers today to get a better rate on my cell phone plan...it paid off! Same plan, and will save $12 each month! YAY! Too bad you have to complain to get the best rates. I plan to put the $12 aside and save towards products/supplies I'll need for my business.

I'm collecting "found money" and ironcially it's in so many "safe spots" in my house I have to go find it! LOL! Perhaps I'll get it all together during dd's easter egg hunt.

Hugs and I hope the week and long weekend treats you well.
    AmberLab and chickypoodles like this.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

$avvy, I've laid off the AirMiles too. DH and I used to really support those AMs offers. We've very much slacked off, with all the recent changes it's not worth it to us any more.

I can't recall if anyone mentioned Pampers, Huggies or Disney Magic codes yet? You can usually accumulate enough free points to cash in for some items.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I rarely use airmiles also - only for amazon purchases (which I use gcs from Swagbucks & SuperPoints) and if Metro has a good sale I will have them scan my card but rarely do I purchase enough there to earn much.

I participate in Pampers and Huggies also. Haven't been able to redeem for Huggies ever, but have gotten toys, photo books and gc from Pampers.

I was told to sign up for Disney but never did -how long does it take to accumulate if you don't buy movies often?
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by karissadahl View Post
    Speaking of superpoints we should all add each other as friends so we can increase our ranks and earn more Feel free to add me Karissa Dahl lol
    how do you add people?
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Thanks Amberlab! Funny, after posting this their next huge airmiles event at Metro is featured in the flyer. Tempting as I have a $20 gift certificate and lots of FPCs but will hold off for better sales.

Huggies, Pampers and disney are listed but i'll look at that post again and maybe bold/highlight them with separate links for each if not there yet.

If anyone's interested to join superpoints, I have a 50pt bonus link in my signature. Equivalent to $0.50 so a nice start!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post
    I rarely use airmiles also - only for amazon purchases (which I use gcs from Swagbucks & SuperPoints) and if Metro has a good sale I will have them scan my card but rarely do I purchase enough there to earn much.

I participate in Pampers and Huggies also. Haven't been able to redeem for Huggies ever, but have gotten toys, photo books and gc from Pampers.

I was told to sign up for Disney but never did -how long does it take to accumulate if you don't buy movies often?
    I don't know how long the Disney stuff takes, but I did participate in both Huggies and Pampers. Same experience as you...got more out of the pampers rewards than huggies. I still have points in both accounts so maybe I'll get lucky with a win/reward again soon.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I don't have a lot of Disney movies...only bought 2 in the past year. I can't recall how many pts a movie goes for (does anyone know?)....anyway, I've got over 900pts right now - mostly from pts that Disney gives away. There's lot of cool stuff I could redeem for (but I'm holding out). So I do think it's a good program to be a part of and wish I had known about it before.

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

That's amazing savvyshopper, $185 in one month is fantastic!

I totally agree with you about Airmiles. It's sooo slow to accumulate points and they keep changing the program. The few bonus points events (like the shell bonus point coupons they mail out) that I've participating in the last 6 months take FOR-EV-ER to show up!! Soo frustrating....I'm waiting on bonus points from before December. Not sure if I will ever see those, but I'm done with airmiles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by $avvy$hopper View Post
    @ karissadahl, good idea. Might take some effort to coordinate and such but it does help when we can work together.

I had another great month on the Other Money totals, almost $185 for the month of March! Sweet!

I have firmly decided that the air miles program is getting a little too much for me to keep up with (increased prize rates and less bonus air mile events at Rexall and Metro, at least for stuff I'd need). I think though that I have almost 70 AMs in my account so I'll save towards one last redemption and then will just focus on my other loyalty programs.

In general savings news, I called up Rogers today to get a better rate on my cell phone plan...it paid off! Same plan, and will save $12 each month! YAY! Too bad you have to complain to get the best rates. I plan to put the $12 aside and save towards products/supplies I'll need for my business.

I'm collecting "found money" and ironcially it's in so many "safe spots" in my house I have to go find it! LOL! Perhaps I'll get it all together during dd's easter egg hunt.

Hugs and I hope the week and long weekend treats you well.
    Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching, surveys and more!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Disney has periods like Christmas where there lots of free points. It takes a 9-18 months to be able to redeem for something midsize just using free points.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Disney has periods like Christmas where there lots of free points. It takes a 9-18 months to be able to redeem for something midsize just using free points.
    Exactly, like right now they have 50 points for Easter. Best time to join up!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I actually like the AM's program.I do alot of shopping at Safeway to get my Airmiles. I agree with the changing of how much AM's are worth now you do have to be careful. I ususally get several hundred each month. Typically buying cereal on sale or other on sale items. Operabob does a great breakdown here on SC. That way you know you are getting the best bang for your buck.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I actually like the AM's program.I do alot of shopping at Safeway to get my Airmiles. I agree with the changing of how much AM's are worth now you do have to be careful. I ususally get several hundred each month. Typically buying cereal on sale or other on sale items. Operabob does a great breakdown here on SC. That way you know you are getting the best bang for your buck.
    I've read Operabob's thread and it's great! I think Safeway offers more miles events or bonus miles on products than Metro...my opinion anyway. Good on you for racking up so many in a month...if I could do that too I'd have stuck with the program. For those who haven't seen Operabob's thread, see post #2 for the link...a really good read and he updates almost daily if not hourly! LOL. Beyond Safeway, he'll post best air mile deals for other rewards too.

In other news, I was up late last night shopping on Amazon.ca with "other money"!!!! One item in my wishlist went on sale, from reg. $99 to $21.21!!!!! Snagged a few more items to get over $25 for free shipping. Total bill was just under $29 and I paid ZERO out of pocket. Thanks Swagbucks for my new tools!
    AmberLab likes this.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Wow - free money and an amazing sale .. wtg
    $avvy$hopper
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Also, keep in mind so many of us earn and use amazon.ca gift cards. But how many of us who also have AirMiles makes sure they login thru airmiles shops. I know I rarely did bt I try to check every time I buy something online now. And they generally have promos of bonus mies (or you earn 2x, 3x etc). eBay is another example. So when we earn our PayPal and Amazon.ca rewards from superpoints and swagbucks (etc) make sure you are at least getting an AM or two.
    $avvy$hopper likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information