User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: The "Other Money": What's in YOUR Wallet? *Closed - Use 2013 Thread*

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Since the beginning of this year, I've redeemed over $400 in various bonus points offers -- $260 from SDM; $30 from Sobey's; over $100 from AirMiles for Shell gift cards. I love getting free stuff!
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Absolutely love this thread!
    RRLF Kellogg's pins for free breakfast
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/7grsj4 (BONUS 50 points for joining!!!)

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kristeven View Post
    Since the beginning of this year, I've redeemed over $400 in various bonus points offers -- $260 from SDM; $30 from Sobey's; over $100 from AirMiles for Shell gift cards. I love getting free stuff!

Sweet rewards, kristeven, that's a wicked amount of savings! I'm a little saddened by the changes to the Airmiles program..."costs" of rewards went up again but still an awesome program. My next redemption will be for gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmynflower View Post
    Absolutely love this thread!
    Thanks! Reading all the SC stories on here...we're doing quite well! WTG everyone!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

SDM redemption was AWESOME, got everything on my list and SCOP on Brie Cheese! That extra $100 in points came in handy as we needed to stock up and couldn't touch money in the bank til the bills cleared. Thanks SDM...Free IS good!

We also received our toilet rebate cheque today and will send off another household renos rebate shortly.

Read up on more of the paid surveys in the SC forum. Might consider joining another site but wondering if it's manageable. For those who are on it, how many survey sites (irazoo, gifthulk, superpoints, swagbucks et al) are you signed up for and how time consuming is it to keep up with them all?

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Great job I love this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by $avvy$hopper View Post
    SDM redemption was AWESOME, got everything on my list and SCOP on Brie Cheese! That extra $100 in points came in handy as we needed to stock up and couldn't touch money in the bank til the bills cleared. Thanks SDM...Free IS good!

We also received our toilet rebate cheque today and will send off another household renos rebate shortly.

Read up on more of the paid surveys in the SC forum. Might consider joining another site but wondering if it's manageable. For those who are on it, how many survey sites (irazoo, gifthulk, superpoints, swagbucks et al) are you signed up for and how time consuming is it to keep up with them all?
    Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching, surveys and more!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Just this month has been great for me so far, I've gotten $10 from Swagbucks, $25 from Superpoints, $10 WM GC from the Ontario Health Survey, $10 Chapter's GC from the Mom Central Survey, and $30 from Web Perspectives.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    Just this month has been great for me so far, I've gotten $10 from Swagbucks, $25 from Superpoints, $10 WM GC from the Ontario Health Survey, $10 Chapter's GC from the Mom Central Survey, and $30 from Web Perspectives.
    And the month's not done yet - great job on that wonderful chunk of change! I haven't been as successful with mom central yet...will hold out hope as it sounds like a fun opportunity. I got to try crackers once but nothing for a GC...sweet deal!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I've had an awesome month so far! Along with great spring weather I cashed in some of my earnings from Feb:

1) picked up consigment money and bought groceries- 2 gorgeous beef roasts, tilapia, ham plus some veggies and fruit!
    and
    2) used the 2x $5 gas cards to get half price meat..club packs of chicken drumsticks and chicken thighs. Family was super happy!

In Superpoints news, I now have enough points for a $5 paypal reward (but will have to wait til I hit $10 level to cash out, no biggie!) and in Swagbucks news, I'm sitting pretty for another $25 reward just debating between paypal and amazon.

Looking forward to the points bump at this Saturday's 20x points event at SDM!

I'm still on the fence re signing up for more survey sites. I'll be outdoors more with the spring/summer weather and won't have much time online...well, just late at night but I would rather sleep! LOL!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

also -value village has a stamp card -i think it is 10 or 15 stamps til may the 9th and then you get 30% off-well my son and his wife is moving in afew more months into a newer house-so i asked him to save onto all his donation boxes and bags took them all to value village-got my card filled then took my mom -who is 90 -to value village -mom got some c.ds brand new 2.99-a top and matching pants for 6.00 total and a bunch of puzzles all 1.99 and 2.99-i got a new necklace tag still on it from sears for 14.99 reg on for 3.99-top from old navy for 4.00-picture frame -like new for 1.99-a pair of sportek work out pants 4.99-new -then all the items minus 30%-gonna start walking a lot this year-so little promos help us all out-plus i will give my nefew 2 bags of my sons clothing -like new -cause him and his wife-live paycheck to pay check and could use the clothing for the 2 teen boys they have
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 23rd, 2012 at 07:23 AM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

redeemed HBC rewards for a movie ticket (used to redeem for the $10 but the movie ticket makes more sense value wise).

Also redeemed Aeroplan for 4 movie tickets. We don't have a Sobey's but my mom has her points transfer to my Aeroplan (she doesn't shop there enough to earn much, but every little bit helps). So between her shopping and the pins I have gotten off chocolate/ice cream I finally earned enough for something!

Slow month for SuperPoints for me about 1/2 of what I earned last month at the moment.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've collected
    3325 AM in the past year = $350 worth of FREE groceries/gas
    14,000 club sobeys past 6 months = $125 worth of FREE groceries
    900,000 OPTIMUM Pts = redeemed 5@mega and 1@Bonus pts event and still have about 350,000 pts left
    30x$10 GC from KC cars 2 promo
    5x5x$5 Gas Cards from Kellogg's - cereal boxes
    5x5x$5 box tops
    lots of MIR....

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daddy_of_2_girls View Post
    I've collected
    900,000 OPTIMUM Pts = redeemed 5@mega and 1@Bonus pts event and still have about 350,000 pts left
    5x5x$5 box tops
    lots of MIR....
    WOW!! That is amazing. Especially all those Shopper's points.Great job.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    I agree, great thread!

I also benefit big time from the Sobeys points by combining the bonus points offers with FPCs and coupons. However, rather than redeeming the points for groceries in one transaction, I wait until I have a high value in points and then I cash them in for a Sobeys gift card. That way, I can use the gift card whenever I shop at Sobeys and I don't need to redeem in $5.00 increments. (I don't shop from Sobeys unless there are really great sales or bonus points offers because I find them too expensive.) Right now, I'm working my way through a $125.00 Sobeys gift card. I've used it for all of my Sobeys purchases during the past few weeks and I've already earned another $65.00 worth of Sobeys points . . . which, once I've finished with my current GC, I'll cash in my points for another Sobeys GC. I feel like I'm constantly getting FREE items from Sobeys!
    The cycle of Sobeys points to Sobeys gift card to Sobeys points to Sobeys gift card to . . . continues.

As of today, I just used up the last of my $125.00 Sobeys gift card. Great timing as I have built up enough points to earn a $120.00 Sobeys gift card! I love the bonus points deals!

About a month ago, I stocked up when my area FreshCo had an in-store sale on the boxes of Carnation Hot Chocolate. I bought the light and the variety packs. The expiry dates are July 2013. I took the individual packages out of the boxes, put them into labelled Ziploc bags and have them stored in a large plastic storage container. Each of the boxes of hot chocolate had a FPC for a bag of Aero Bubbles Chocolate. This week, Sobeys has 150 bonus points for each bag of Aero Bubbles. I have been hoping this would happen as the FPCs expire March 31! Perfect timing! Gotta love that "other money"!
    Lavender Lady likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Thanks for the great posts everyone I enjoyed reading about everyones savings. I just joined Sobeys, so I don't have many points.Shoppers points I use for Christmas gifts for my 3 daughters. I also belong to Irazoo, Superpoints, Swagbucks, etc. I have made over $500.00 in just under a year of superpoints. I also have started to keep track of everything that goes into my PayPal so then at the end of the year I will be able to see just what I have made and where it came from. if anyone whants just check out my blog. Thanks.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    also -value village has a stamp card -i think it is 10 or 15 stamps til may the 9th and then you get 30% off-well my son and his wife is moving in afew more months into a newer house-so i asked him to save onto all his donation boxes and bags took them all to value village-got my card filled then took my mom -who is 90 -to value village -mom got some c.ds brand new 2.99-a top and matching pants for 6.00 total and a bunch of puzzles all 1.99 and 2.99-i got a new necklace tag still on it from sears for 14.99 reg on for 3.99-top from old navy for 4.00-picture frame -like new for 1.99-a pair of sportek work out pants 4.99-new -then all the items minus 30%-gonna start walking a lot this year-so little promos help us all out-plus i will give my nefew 2 bags of my sons clothing -like new -cause him and his wife-live paycheck to pay check and could use the clothing for the 2 teen boys they have
    Thanks for the info re the VV stamp card. I don't have one in my area but my sis goes there and found super cute clothing with store tags still on them! Steal of a deal for less than $5. Will let her know and plan to check it out when I visit my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post
    redeemed HBC rewards for a movie ticket (used to redeem for the $10 but the movie ticket makes more sense value wise).

Also redeemed Aeroplan for 4 movie tickets. We don't have a Sobey's but my mom has her points transfer to my Aeroplan (she doesn't shop there enough to earn much, but every little bit helps). So between her shopping and the pins I have gotten off chocolate/ice cream I finally earned enough for something!

Slow month for SuperPoints for me about 1/2 of what I earned last month at the moment.
    Nice job on the rewards...hope your SuperPoints earning pace is better for April!

Quote Originally Posted by daddy_of_2_girls View Post
    I've collected
    5x5x$5 box tops
    lots of MIR....
    Oh my stars!!!!! I am seriously blown away by your tally - "Wow" is an understatement!!!! WTG daddy_of_2_girls, you've been busy and it's paid off big time!

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    The cycle of Sobeys points to Sobeys gift card to Sobeys points to Sobeys gift card to . . . continues.

As of today, I just used up the last of my $125.00 Sobeys gift card. Great timing as I have built up enough points to earn a $120.00 Sobeys gift card! I love the bonus points deals!

About a month ago, I stocked up when my area FreshCo had an in-store sale on the boxes of Carnation Hot Chocolate. I bought the light and the variety packs. The expiry dates are July 2013. I took the individual packages out of the boxes, put them into labelled Ziploc bags and have them stored in a large plastic storage container. Each of the boxes of hot chocolate had a FPC for a bag of Aero Bubbles Chocolate. This week, Sobeys has 150 bonus points for each bag of Aero Bubbles. I have been hoping this would happen as the FPCs expire March 31! Perfect timing! Gotta love that "other money"!
    Sweet! You do well with Sobeys and the points deals. I love your updates so keep 'em coming. One of these days I'll have a brag like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Horndogg View Post
    Thanks for the great posts everyone I enjoyed reading about everyones savings. I just joined Sobeys, so I don't have many points.Shoppers points I use for Christmas gifts for my 3 daughters. I also belong to Irazoo, Superpoints, Swagbucks, etc. I have made over $500.00 in just under a year of superpoints. I also have started to keep track of everything that goes into my PayPal so then at the end of the year I will be able to see just what I have made and where it came from. if anyone whants just check out my blog. Thanks.
    $500 on SP alone! So excited for you! WTG Horndogg and good to track it. I'm thinking of doing the same in an excel sheet. Will check out your blog as well.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information