User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: The "Other Money": What's in YOUR Wallet? *Closed - Use 2013 Thread*

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

@ Giving Small, Thanks!!!

@ Alicia...super great tip! I forget to do that A LOT, including last night. Will add your tip to the list. Many thanks!
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Fri, Apr 6th, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    Also, keep in mind so many of us earn and use amazon.ca gift cards. But how many of us who also have AirMiles makes sure they login thru airmiles shops. I know I rarely did bt I try to check every time I buy something online now. And they generally have promos of bonus mies (or you earn 2x, 3x etc). eBay is another example. So when we earn our PayPal and Amazon.ca rewards from superpoints and swagbucks (etc) make sure you are at least getting an AM or two.

This is what I do with my purchases from Amazon.ca (can't remember the last time I bought off ebay)
    AmberLab and $avvy$hopper like this.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Alicia - That is a great tip - I forget sometimes to do that.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hoping someone will sign up for superpoints under my referral. I could sign up for swagbucks to trade off with someone
    Last edited by Jeniana; Tue, Apr 10th, 2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: removed referral link

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

So here is the OTHER MONEY I have earned in the last month:

1. sold a 2 seater kids bike trailer/stroller on kijiji for $80
    2. it was time to renew our mortgage, so we got an amazing rate of 2.99% for 4 years (which saves us $120/month, from what we were paying before)
    3. sold a car seat on kijiji for $40
    4. called rogers and saved a further $40/month
    5. i will be having a garage sale when the nice weather gets here, and im hoping to make $200
    6. just switched car/home insurance from state farm to TD. Saved over $80 per month!!!! And that with MORE coverage with td!

All of my extra money that i am getting, is going into our DISNEY WORLD APRIL 2013 trip!
    AmberLab, $avvy$hopper and lealgen like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I am really enjoying superpoints. I didn't join until savvyshopper talked about it. Tried to join under her name but found I had already signed up at some point. Never did follow through on it so forgot. But since then I have been pushing the button everyday since. I had seen a person post to say if you get your 2 referals and push the lucky button each day. You can earn $100 in a years time at the minimum. After just over a month I would totally agree with this.It is a really easy way to earn $100. You just have to be patient and spend less than 5 minutes a day pushing the "lucky" button. I even got my brother started. And that was no easy task. He is also enjoying it. I suppose because its different. No searches or surveys etc. Not sure how superpoints makes their money but I am glad to take some of it. Thanks savvyshopper!
    Ceren and $avvy$hopper like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Terrarankin - that's amazing - you really took a bite out of your monthly costs. 2.99% is crazy good.

I've been doing some stuff on Kijiji and freecycle and my free pile and donations. Nice to see stuff go and have more room.

coley3 - I know I was skeptical about Superpoints and Swagbucks - worried about spam, scam etc. It turns out that they're kinda fun and you actually can get quite a lot of $. This week I have received $20 on Superpoints and have enough for $20 on Swagbucks (so far just redeemed $5).

So an extra $150 per month is nothing to sneeze at. If anyone hasn't joined and would like the "getting started" steps with how much time per day = how many points or bucks = $, just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by terrarankin View Post
    So here is the OTHER MONEY I have earned in the last month:

1. sold a 2 seater kids bike trailer/stroller on kijiji for $80
    2. it was time to renew our mortgage, so we got an amazing rate of 2.99% for 4 years (which saves us $120/month, from what we were paying before)
    3. sold a car seat on kijiji for $40
    4. called rogers and saved a further $40/month
    5. i will be having a garage sale when the nice weather gets here, and im hoping to make $200
    6. just switched car/home insurance from state farm to TD. Saved over $80 per month!!!! And that with MORE coverage with td!

All of my extra money that i am getting, is going into our DISNEY WORLD APRIL 2013 trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I am really enjoying superpoints. I didn't join until savvyshopper talked about it. Tried to join under her name but found I had already signed up at some point. Never did follow through on it so forgot. But since then I have been pushing the button everyday since. I had seen a person post to say if you get your 2 referals and push the lucky button each day. You can earn $100 in a years time at the minimum. After just over a month I would totally agree with this.It is a really easy way to earn $100. You just have to be patient and spend less than 5 minutes a day pushing the "lucky" button. I even got my brother started. And that was no easy task. He is also enjoying it. I suppose because its different. No searches or surveys etc. Not sure how superpoints makes their money but I am glad to take some of it. Thanks savvyshopper!
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Oh, and I forgot to add to my above post:

my husband and I applied for the sony mastercard and received:

$60 cash back via paypal EACH
    I received the FREE Sony E Reader 2 days agao for making my 5 purchases (used well.ca and purchased $1.00 dishsoap 5x)
    SOLD the E Reader on Kijiji last night for $90!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AmberLab and $avvy$hopper like this.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

That's amazing. Where was this SONY credit card offer -- I kinda recall it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My other money so far:
    Sold $25.oo worth of kids clothes on an online local site.
    Did the McDonalds survey on my receipt and just redeemed that for a free meal today : )
    Used my Children's Place, Place Cash today - $25.00 off!
    Used up Club Z points for $10.00 off

That's it so far....but I am only 30 points away from 500 on Superpoints (less than three weeks!) and am just waiting for a survey to clean on web perspectives to get a $10.00 GC to Chapters - not a bad deal at all!!! : )
    $avvy$hopper likes this.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

WTG - that adds up to a nice savings nestegg for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Graybert View Post
    My other money so far:
    Sold $25.oo worth of kids clothes on an online local site.
    Did the McDonalds survey on my receipt and just redeemed that for a free meal today : )
    Used my Children's Place, Place Cash today - $25.00 off!
    Used up Club Z points for $10.00 off

That's it so far....but I am only 30 points away from 500 on Superpoints (less than three weeks!) and am just waiting for a survey to clean on web perspectives to get a $10.00 GC to Chapters - not a bad deal at all!!! : )

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Wow, what wonderful "other money" updates!
    @ terrarankin, that's just awesome! I don't know about the Sony promo either...nice score for you and hubby!

@ Graybert...thumbs up on your sales and point redemptions. Free McDonald's food is a nice treat for your hard work! Reminds me, I didn't do my McD survey yet.

On my side of things, April's other money is slowly building. So far, superpoints and swagbucks continue to treat me well...I'm halfway to another $5 on each of SB and SP. I'm holding on to my SDM points for a redemption in May/June and will just shop on 20x events to build up to top redemption level. Spoke to a girlfriend today and her comments were the "shock and awe" of my day. While chatting about SDM points she said, "oh yeah, I have a ton of points, I just don't know what to do with them!" (ACK!) Well, I can tell you we got down to some serious SDM points talk and straightened that one out fast. LOL! Needless to say, she was excited and is happily planning for the next bonus redemption.

There's another tip I'm going to add to the list but will post about it here too...an SCer posted a while ago about using your CT Options Mastercard to pay your SDM Mastercard. So, you'd earn points for your SDM purchases and then earn CT$ when you pay your other bills. There's a full list of bills you can pay with the CT Options MC and earn CT$. The poster said she earns something like $20-$25 in CT $ each month! I'm looking for the thread and will add when I find it.
    AmberLab likes this.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Found the thread I mentioned before, http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/271362-...ercard-canada/. It's also in the main list.

@coley3..thanks the shout on on Superpoints. The real credit though goes to the smarter Smartcanucks who've been doing SP for long time mention it in their posts.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Thanks so much for the tip about the airmiles shops. I never think of going through that site when I'm redeeming my swagbucks and superpoints for amazon.ca rewards. But will definitely remember from here on out. Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    Also, keep in mind so many of us earn and use amazon.ca gift cards. But how many of us who also have AirMiles makes sure they login thru airmiles shops. I know I rarely did bt I try to check every time I buy something online now. And they generally have promos of bonus mies (or you earn 2x, 3x etc). eBay is another example. So when we earn our PayPal and Amazon.ca rewards from superpoints and swagbucks (etc) make sure you are at least getting an AM or two.
    AmberLab likes this.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    437 (100%)

sold something on kijiji today for $15 yayyy
    AmberLab likes this.
    JOIN SWAGBUCKS AND START EARNING
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Ceren
    JOIN SUPERPOINTS AND START EARNING-25 BONUS POINTS-!!NEW!!
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/8pos4f

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information