User Tag List

Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast
Like Tree2707Likes

Thread: Shoebox of Love 2012 - MOTHER'S DAY PACKAGE TRAIN

Trading Score
    266 (99%)

And, I'm not really into fun socks, just normal ankle ones.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jemwars View Post
    For about the last 15 years I have been searching for a recipe....when I was younger my mom used to make the most amazing peanut butter cake and peanut butter icing....oh to die for!! sadly she passed when I was only 16 and this is one of a long list of things I wish I could ask her about! I know it came from the "companies coming" recipe book series (I don't believe this book/recipe is in circulation any more) I have spent years trying to find this recipe and it drives me crazy....so I'm wondering if there are any SC out there who know the recipe or have the book?
    Would you recognize the cover of the book? Could you describe it? I think my mother has a few old copies; I can always ask her.

ps, you're not my buddy, lol.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Next Random Questions for my Buddy:
    IF I was going to purchase you a "baking" or "cookbook" what type of desserts/cuisine would you like to learn?
    AND
    Do you have a favorite fast food resturant?
    (I know fast food isnt "good" for us... but my secret... if you eat it with a friend.. it cancels the calories.. I NEVER eat cheesecake alone)
    baking/cooking - anything SUPER EASY - I dont really like cooking. I would like to learn how cook in the slow cookers (sounds nice and easy), first I need a slow cooker though, lol

fast food - Wendy's

mmmm....cheesecake

Quote Originally Posted by YellowTamborine View Post
    I've recently decided i want to learn how to decorate cakes but...um...I should probably figure out how to bake them properly first. Also if anyone had a great brownie recipe i'd love to get it from you. It seems i'm useless at those too for some reason. Every time i try to bake them the middle collapses....this happens a lot with cakes too. Not cool.

Also, fast food in general is a big ball of awesomeness....although maybe not so much for my newly acquired belly flub. Not that it stops me from indulging given the opportunity

These questions are great by the way. How does everyone feel about fun socks?

fun socks are fun! but also like standard ankle socks!

Quote Originally Posted by luc_anna View Post
    I hate socks. My feet are claustrophobic. I know that sounds wierd. I rarely even wear socks in the winter.
    dont your feet get cold?? my feet are always cold - I LOVE socks!

Quote Originally Posted by mommymonika View Post
    Dear Buddy;

Thank you for putting chocolate on your list. But what kind?? There are so many to choose from! I love aero and chocolate covered almonds, but what about you??
    mmmm.....chocolate! I dont think you are my buddy because I listed my favourite chocolates but just incase I will remind you - Guylian Praline Seashell chocolates or guylian praline chocolate bar, milk chocolate covered blueberries, cadbury cream eggs (I have eaten WAY TOO MANY this season though, especially in light that it is almost bathing suit season) and ANY milk chocolate. I dont like dark or white chocolate though.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    I Love sushi! I need to learn how to make it properly. Last tme I tried the centers where not center at all

Fast food, hmmmm never really liked it however, do slurpees count? I absolutely am in love with pepsi & bubblegum mix. I am suffering right now because it is not allowed on my menu PFFFTTTT. They should make suger free slurpees so I could indulge!
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Oh and buddy, I would love a purse size make-up bag (my old one is looking pretty sad)!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I would like to try a healthy eating cook book, maybe you know of one that is healthy but still has lots of flavor

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Just normal ankle socks for me too. And Mcdonalds and tims are my favorite

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

love any chocolate with nuts in it, not fruit

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Would you recognize the cover of the book? Could you describe it? I think my mother has a few old copies; I can always ask her.

I might reconize it to see it...but I couldn't describe it I just know that it would have been a dessert book or cake and cookies type thing....and I'm guessing it would have come some time in the 80's...I know not a lot of info....I even tried googling it and all I can come up with is another girl on yahoo answers looking for the same recipes (but never found it )

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

I think I may have listed all those things on my wish list already! But any easy slow cooker recipes.

Fast food, probably Subway. And yes to funky/fun socks.

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank View Post
    sometimes it depends on the pan that you are using. metal pans don't cook as well and foil are even worse. try turning the heat down slightly and cooking a little longer. make sure to check the center of it with a tooth pick and if it comes out wet, they are not done but if it comes out dry....it is done. sometimes our ovens are hotter than what it should be and therefore the outside of the cake cooks but the inside does not. so by turning the heat down slightly (about 25'F) in the oven it will help the cake cook more evenly. hope this helps you!!!
    ah so glass it is then! Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated!

also, slow cooker recipe's are paramount to my sanity these days so if anyone (buddy?) has some great ones to share i would love it!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trish1980 View Post
    Yes, yes, yes 1000x yes! I'm a slurpeeholic. I could live on them. I have them year-round but on WW I can't have them. I'm horribly addicted to cream soda and coke.
    Trish , I have seen Crystal Light slurpees at 7 -Eleven and at Shells stations...Plus they are yummy...I too am addicted to Slurpees!!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I would love any of these - always stare at them when the school has the book guy comes here but never have money on me to buy it

Campbell's Cooking Book
    Slow Cooker Book
    Cupcake / Cheesecake Book

Favorite Fast Food restaurant would have to be A&W - sooo expensive but so damn delicious and Little Caesars LOVE LOVE LOVE their bread sticks

IF I was going to purchase you a "baking" or "cookbook" what type of desserts/cuisine would you like to learn?
    AND
    (I know fast food isnt "good" for us... but my secret... if you eat it with a friend.. it cancels the calories.. I NEVER eat cheesecake alone)
    Pretty sure I mentioned my favorite chocolate as well but will give more options as I enjoy candies more

Gobstopper's, Jolly Rancher's, Skittles, Starburst's, Mentos (fruity), Red Pkg'd Certs

Quote Originally Posted by mommymonika View Post
    Dear Buddy;

Thank you for putting chocolate on your list. But what kind?? There are so many to choose from! I love aero and chocolate covered almonds, but what about you??
    YUMMY SLURPEE"S -

I miss the 7-11 on Portage & Rouge Coyote

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    I Love sushi! I need to learn how to make it properly. Last tme I tried the centers where not center at all

Fast food, hmmmm never really liked it however, do slurpees count? I absolutely am in love with pepsi & bubblegum mix. I am suffering right now because it is not allowed on my menu PFFFTTTT. They should make suger free slurpees so I could indulge!
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post

Do you remember if it was a hard cover cookbook or a paper one - my mom has tons of cookbooks/dessert books so I will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by jemwars View Post
    I might reconize it to see it...but I couldn't describe it I just know that it would have been a dessert book or cake and cookies type thing....and I'm guessing it would have come some time in the 80's...I know not a lot of info....I even tried googling it and all I can come up with is another girl on yahoo answers looking for the same recipes (but never found it )

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post

Do you remember if it was a hard cover cookbook or a paper one - my mom has tons of cookbooks/dessert books so I will check it out
    I remember it was a soft cover (almost like laminate) with a plastic spiral binding , like this...

Name:  companies coming.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  8.2 KB

I wanna say it was maybe brown or orange but really I can't remember...its been so long!

As a side note...if your not familar with "Company Coming" Cookbooks....they offer some great recipes from healthy to sinful!
    Last edited by jemwars; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

I can't find the post that asked this, but I like English Toffee Chocolates.

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

AND
    Thanks for making up these aewsome questions for ALL of us to gt to know our buddies better. You should be conductor!!! I suck! hahaha

I love casseroles... easy ones, that have left overs. Or pasta dishes. I get home at 530pm with a starving 3 year old... so not a lot of time to throw something together. I also love BBQ & salads... if it ever warms up around here. As for my fave fast food.... I love 'em all. But lately, when I get the chance, I love Subway! ....with all the veggies (except jalapinos (sp?) and olives!)

I won't eat Cheesecake alone either.... Not much of a dessert person, usually....

Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread Information