User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bonus?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mdutka View Post
    ONTARIO CHILD CARE SUPPLEMENT FOR WORKING FAMILIES
    (just one more thing i dont qualify for )

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/english/gui...ml#eligibility

Same here..
    "To the world you may be one person, to one person you may be the world"

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

has anyone had problems applying for baby bonus? i applyd last year after my daughter was born. i got a check of like 2000$ cuz of backpay for my son. and since january of this year i havent receievd anything they keep sending me letters saying that they are missing information, i filled out the questionair they sent me and sent it back with EVERYTHING they asked for and now they say that someone else applied for my kids (wich no one else did) and they say that i have no kids. they keeps screwing with me. i do everything they ask and they just keep sending me the same form over and over again saying i have missing information. has anyone else had any problems like this with baby bonus?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i haven't had any problems like that but i have one big problem...they wont give me any money. apparently my husband makes enough money to support us all but they dont look at the bills we have ARGH.

I would call them and ask for a supervisor and just tell them listen i need this money and sent forms in a few times. what will it take to resolve it? i had to do that with ym EI for maternity leave

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawagurl20 View Post
    has anyone had problems applying for baby bonus? i applyd last year after my daughter was born. i got a check of like 2000$ cuz of backpay for my son. and since january of this year i havent receievd anything they keep sending me letters saying that they are missing information, i filled out the questionair they sent me and sent it back with EVERYTHING they asked for and now they say that someone else applied for my kids (wich no one else did) and they say that i have no kids. they keeps screwing with me. i do everything they ask and they just keep sending me the same form over and over again saying i have missing information. has anyone else had any problems like this with baby bonus?
    i wonder if they have you in their computer twice because maybe someone spelled your name wrong or your address wrong and the system has automatically flaggged you or something? if you have any old letters/forms they have sent you i would check them and see if everything is exactly the same, especially the older ones if you still have them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (90%)

When do you apply for baby bonus? Right after the baby is born or do you have to wait a while ? I heard something like, children receive a certain amount till they are 6 than that amount goes down as they grow. Makes no sense to me.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawagurl20 View Post
    Give your MP a call. They're great at sorting out stuff like that because they have access to the people who can solve your problems. I was fighting with EI over my mat pay for 17 weeks and getting nowhere. I called my MP, spoke with her assistant, and it was resolved within 24 hours.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you do it right after baby is born they give you the forms in the hospital. some people wait a few months so they get the back pay. sometimes it takes a month or two to get it.
    I think I am going to run a round outside all naakid and such.... I need a vacation!! Jail house here I come!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (90%)

thanks for the info

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have first baby and I dont know what i suppose to apply for, I have heard about some kind of baby bonus and some others things, my baby is 4 months I dont get anything untill now. did any one knows what should i do?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been struggling finding out about baby bonus for many months but non of my friends that they have baby know what is about, and they tell me call service canada i did call them they dont know what i am talking about, anyone knows please help me.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rugtersamer View Post
    I have first baby and I dont know what i suppose to apply for, I have heard about some kind of baby bonus and some others things, my baby is 4 months I dont get anything untill now. did any one knows what should i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by rugtersamer View Post
    I have been struggling finding out about baby bonus for many months but non of my friends that they have baby know what is about, and they tell me call service canada i did call them they dont know what i am talking about, anyone knows please help me.
    The info on the CTB (child tax benefit is here)....
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html
    You need to have filed your income tax. You need to have filed for this before you can file for most of the other different programs. They use this for the childcare $100 thing too. If you don't file for the CTB my understanding is you can't get most things as it is based on it. So you need to file the CTB to get the childcare tax (which is not income dependant!) The CTB is also used to calculating the GST credit. Bottom line, you need to file for this, whether you think you'll qualify or not.

I've always filled out the CTB form they've given me when the kids were born, but you can file online now using your gov epass account.....
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce.../menu-eng.html

I love the epass account. You use it to check the status of your income tax, file an adjustment....all kinds of things.

Good luck!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We had papers that were given to us in the hospital for it, it took a few months for it to get going though, but they back paided everything from when she was born.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Why is it called bonus for working families when its for families that don't have both parents working?

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Here is a question. My son was born April 7th of this year, I filed the appropriate papers and started receiving his baby benefits on May 20th. However, should I not get back paid for April? I haven't gotten any notice about back pay or anything.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would definitely call them, I know for UCCB ($100 a month for daycare) they do pro-rate everything so check with CTB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information