User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bonus?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    Here is a question. My son was born April 7th of this year, I filed the appropriate papers and started receiving his baby benefits on May 20th. However, should I not get back paid for April? I haven't gotten any notice about back pay or anything.

It's correct. You will not get a cheque for the month of april cause he was just born. You will recieve from may onwards.
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    Here is a question. My son was born April 7th of this year, I filed the appropriate papers and started receiving his baby benefits on May 20th. However, should I not get back paid for April? I haven't gotten any notice about back pay or anything.
    Ya, you don't get it for the month they were born. I don't know the rational behind that though.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Ontario supplement for working families is based on income but you can still make a lot and get it. You can also not be working at all and still get it. It's for kids 6 and under and they just sent out the forms it's pre-filled and you just enter the amount you pay for subsidized daycare, If your daycare isn't subsidized or if you don't pay for dayare at all you get more money each month. The other 2 pmts are the $100 a month for children under 6 and the baby bonus on the 20th. Btw i called to find out the info. You don't get anything for the month that they were born because you get it the month of their birthday when the payments stop
    Last edited by lextyni; Tue, Jun 2nd, 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lextyni View Post
    The Ontario supplement for working families is based on income but you can still make a lot and get it. You can also not be working at all and still get it.
    The cap is $33,000 which really isn't a lot of money.. My hubby clears that just by himself alone.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaryk View Post
    Why is it called bonus for working families when its for families that don't have both parents working?
    I can totally agree to that.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (90%)

I am sending in my form today, baby was born in January, I'll keep you all posted what my outcome will be I'm extremely curious to know how much I will get, cosidering, I am self employed and my boyfriend and I do not file our taxes together so we are "single/common law"

I am sending in the form we got at the hospital,I guess the extra forms for $100, they would send to you if you qualify?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

When you apply for CTB (baby bonus) you will automatically be setup for UCCB ($100/mth). If you want to know approximately how much you will get there is a calculator you can use:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/clcltr/menu-eng.html

There is also a few more calculators here if you need them:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/menu-eng.html

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    The cap is $33,000 which really isn't a lot of money.. My hubby clears that just by himself alone.

See, I don't understand that. If both parents were working full time but only making minimum wage they'd still be making about $36 000 before taxes. How is it a supplement for working families when most working families wouldn't even qualify?

Trading Score
    161 (100%)

I just wish they didn't base the amount you get from the previous years tax return. Last year I was on mat leave and getting money from EI..this year I am laid off with only my husband working...it would be nice to get more $ this year and not have to wait until next july. UGHH!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    See, I don't understand that. If both parents were working full time but only making minimum wage they'd still be making about $36 000 before taxes. How is it a supplement for working families when most working families wouldn't even qualify?
    I guess its more of a supplement for "single parent families"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

true

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow. They really do rip a lot of people off with by having such low income caps for working families...

I can't complain though, I get something like $375 from all of the baby programs combined per month. It really helps keep food on the table, that's for sure! Though I think it's ridiculous that I'm actually making money off of the baby, because her expenses are lower than the total value of the cheques! Won't last for long I'm sure!
    Marriage is a wonderful institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thats what i thought too.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

whatever you do.. DO NOT wait more then a year to file for baby bonus.. after my son was born i waited almost 2 years to file for baby bonus (i didnt have a birth certificate or sin card at the time and took that long to get both) in january of 2008 i received a check of 1500$ and then another of 2000$ (for backpay) and 2 months after that i received a letter from them saying that i was under review. i had to fill out forms and send them in with documents they reqested..and everytime i send in the documents they ask for.. they ask for more and more.. or they "loose my documents" i have not recieved a baby bonus check or GST since Febuary of 2008. and now i owe them over 1500$ (wich i cant pay because i am on Ontario Works and the measly 800$ a month barely covers rent and food for 2 weeks)
    and now according to baby bonus.. i have no kids.. (apparently they are not "registered") how is this possible if i have the statement of live birth for both and their birth certificates?

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Katyana08 View Post
    wow. They really do rip a lot of people off with by having such low income caps for working families...

I can't complain though, I get something like $375 from all of the baby programs combined per month. It really helps keep food on the table, that's for sure! Though I think it's ridiculous that I'm actually making money off of the baby, because her expenses are lower than the total value of the cheques! Won't last for long I'm sure!
    How do you get that much? Even the Child Care and the Baby Bonus don't equate that? From what I understand?
    My family currently has a 1 in 20 chance for a trip for 4 anywhere WestJet flies. Please vote for my son if you can spare a moment. https://apps.facebook.com/rfscontest...93?eid=1800024
    *You can vote daily til Nov 12th. - Just click 'LOVE IT' - THANK YOU

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information