User Tag List

Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2039
Like Tree2707Likes

Thread: Shoebox of Love 2012 - MOTHER'S DAY PACKAGE TRAIN

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

My community group is our local Volunteer Fire Dept. I belong to the Ladies Auxiliary (a little group of 7 or 8 gals my age!) Last Fall we had our 3rd annual Diva Night.... lots of laughs, food, music, prizes and drinks!! We made up goody bags for the first 50 ladies the door (tanks to cooupons, mostly!).... and those bags wnt FAST! It was well worth the $10 admission price! No one went home empty-handed.

Anyone else here have a group they volunteer with that is near & dear to your heart????

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hogama View Post
    OOOOooo... Do tell us about your auction!!! Please! Is it an auction you do thru your Relay For Life team?? What sort of goodies are you auctioning off??? I loves a good auction!
    We have a team called "Trent's Troops" named after my son and we have fundraised over $10 000 every year, this is our 7th year. I started the team when he was diagnosed to help me cope. We host a live auction every year, this year at Dooly's in Lower Sackville and we have LOTS of goodies so far from restaurant certificates, jewellery, hand made items to car repairs...still in the collecting process. I'm hoping we get lots more and have a very successful event!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

My community group is our local Volunteer Fire Dept. I belong to the Ladies Auxiliary (a little group of 7 or 8 gals my age!) Last Fall we had our 3rd annual Diva Night.... lots of laughs, food, music, prizes and drinks!! We made up goody bags for the first 50 ladies the door (tanks to cooupons, mostly!).... and those bags wnt FAST! It was well worth the $10 admission price! No one went home empty-handed.

Anyone else here have a group they volunteer with that is near & dear to your heart????
    That sounds like fun!!
    hogama likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LUV that!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mommymonika View Post
    YIKES! I was reading about Trish's Son yesterday....last night mine was up for two hours screaming about animals in his bed. Poor guy, and poor me! I'm exhausted......
    Awww... your poor little ones! Mine was also having trouble - he was up all night with a fever, brought him to the clinic today and he has strep throat! He literally just finished taking antibiotics for pneumonia a week ago and now here we go again...

Poor babies, you just feel so helpless and they get so sick and fatigued... scary

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jemwars View Post
    Slambert, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR SON!!!

Everyone PLEASE remember this is Daffodil month!! Every little bit helps, including your time! (volunteer)
    I just think this is SO TRUE and has to be reposted
    Melissa13, mimzy71, Bear25 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Ok wow just had to read 5 pages lol. I'm still looking for a couple more things for my buddy, i've only had 1 day off in 11 and don't get another till sunday, so shopping has been slow but i will be ready to mail on time, i work well under pressure

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    We have a team called "Trent's Troops" named after my son and we have fundraised over $10 000 every year, this is our 7th year. I started the team when he was diagnosed to help me cope. We host a live auction every year, this year at Dooly's in Lower Sackville and we have LOTS of goodies so far from restaurant certificates, jewellery, hand made items to car repairs...still in the collecting process. I'm hoping we get lots more and have a very successful event!
    That's awesome!!! I hope there are lots of bidding wars!
    Jezebel, slambert and Deanc like this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Cancer Survivor here too. I am 18 months Cancer Free and counting. Run for the Cure and the Relay for Life are big ones for me. We do tons for the Humane Society and local food bank as well but I am always looking for a new cause so if anyone has any ideas, let me know!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

many members of my family past and present are as well... my husband donates every single year.
    hogama and julesie-pie like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

I don't have a "group" but DH and I run a free indoor training group Wednesday evening from October to the end of April for boys and girls fastball & fastpitch. Open to everyone between
    10-18 who wants to learn or get ready for competitive teams We have also coached during the season for many years

Quote Originally Posted by Deanc View Post
    I just think this is SO TRUE and has to be reposted
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    Cancer Survivor here too. I am 18 months Cancer Free and counting. Run for the Cure and the Relay for Life are big ones for me. We do tons for the Humane Society and local food bank as well but I am always looking for a new cause so if anyone has any ideas, let me know!!
    Congratulations!! It's been almost 2 1/2 for me I also do relay for life! As well as MS (dh sister has MS, very rough!)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    many members of my family past and present are as well... my husband donates every single year.
    Cancer affects so many Both of my grandparents (fathers side) passed from cancer. My mother had cancer at age 20 & 29,and then me at 31

Thankfully research has come as far as it has that there are so many more survivors today!! But until it's cured we have to keep pushing

Just would also like to put this out there...I know many of us do donations to the food banks and other charities (womens community house and mens mission for me) But next time you are going to donate Please remember your local cancer clinic.
    They could use coffee, tea,milk, juice, cookies etc. They provide them for patients and families in the waiting room. Sometimes you can spend hours and hours in the waiting room waiting for an appointment chemo etc. and those little snacks sometimes are the only thing to settle your stomach while waiting. The gentle cookies like Arrow,or Digestives are really good to help take away some nausea while doing chemo. Also they can use "new" blankets in the waiting rooms as well.

Just something to think about the next time you have something to give
    Last edited by jemwars; Tue, Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Jezebel, hogama, mimzy71 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    Wow that awesome Good for you,taking a negative and turning it into a positive!!! Perhaps you can pass your addy onto me and I will send something for the auction
    Jezebel, trish1980, hogama and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    266 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by jemwars View Post
    Wow that awesome Good for you,taking a negative and turning it into a positive!!! Perhaps you can pass your addy onto me and I will send something for the auction
    Me too, I'll whip something up from my home business and send it off to you.

Trading Score
    266 (99%)

I don't get a chance to volunteer (I used to for big sisters a long time ago, and at Christmas I help deliver gift baskets for goodfellos "No Child Without A Christmas". I'm very lucky and *knock on wood* we have not had any cancer in my family. But we do have diabetes, heart and stroke issues (both my grandpa and grandma and my fathers mom I believe all died from heart attacks and stroke). When I do donate money, its for H&S, Diabetes and Aids research. I would love for 1 day we have cures for everything so I feel every charity is worthwhile.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Is there some type of dream catcher out there that could catch and rid of my daughters not so brilliant ideas? Seriously, they went to a FOAM party at the bar last night in a limo (ok thats good no one is driving) . A foam party is when they drop foam from the ceiling in the bar. Ok, so hmmm what does that tell you, soaking wet kids , alcohol and lack of commen sense. Then they arrive home looking like drowned rats, stumbling and giggling, enough to wake up half the town. Nooo, if thats not enough they wonder why they have rashes on them! Imagine what chemicals were in that foam and you wonder why you are itchy. PLeeeeeeaaassse. Ohhh did I mention that I have dirty glasses and empty bottles all over my house because while I was out last night they "pre gamed" at my house! That is code for, we don't want to spend a lot of money at the bar for booze so we will just drink in excess before we go. I cannot imagine what the poor limo driver had to contend with (12 drunk teens).

I think I should fry up some eggs and bacon and whatever else makes ones stomach churn when hungover and leave it outside her bedroom door
    Oh nooooo!!! YES, fry up those eggs... extra runny! Maybe fry up some onions, too!!! (BTW... I have nooooo sympathy when it comes to hangovers! LOL)
    just reading your egg comments makes me feel ill !!! lucky I have only had 1 major hangover !! generally no headache or hangover here LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shawlightning View Post
    and why have i not heard this story before??????? HHHHMMMMMMM?????????
    lol
    hogama and julesie-pie like this.

Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast

Thread Information