User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By missxhillary
  • 5 Post By mommymonika
  • 1 Post By Minou

Thread: postpardum anxiety?

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I've never had anxiety in my life, now that I have a little one it seems that when I start to think of serious topics I get overly anxious and start to shake and get into a funk... However it's not depression, I have had that before and don't feel depressed or anything... Is it possible that the responsibility of taking care of a little one can give you anxiety when thinking of serious situations??
    I get this atleast once a week now if not more.... gonna see a doctor about it, but was wondering if anyone heres experienced postpardum anxiety...and if so how do you come out of your anxiety and relax better?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I went through the same thing. I remember thinking to myself when will I stop worrying so much. I would lie awake at night and all I could think about where terrible situations involving my kids. It was brutal. I dreaded night time so much as this is when I would feel most anxious. I had never felt so vulnerable in my life. All I can say is that it does pass. I found the first year or so the worst, but I still go through small phases of worrying about things that likely would never happen.

Here is a poem I wrote about it, cheesy, I know, but I was very overwhelmed at the time.

A Gift

Something I've prayed for since I was a child;
    A gift I was given is now driving me wild.

A blessing so amazing my heart swells with delight;
    I feel content and complete and the world seems just right.

But I begin to feel helpless as the sun starts to fade
    Flashes of worry and panic invade.

How can something so lovely cause me such pain.
    I'm afraid of walls crumbling and yet still they remain.

My heart is so vulnerable, it trembles in fear;
    I am wounded by love that is painfully sincere.

I did not expect this dichotomy to come;
    But it came just the same with the birth of my sons.

By: Monika Nault
    mdutka, Natalka, Granger and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

awhh that's a beautiful poem, love poetry.. and thanks.. good to know someone else had the same thing... i can be watching tv.. and out of NO WHERE... someone will tell a story about a love one who died.. and ill start shaking.. and thinking of weird stuff.. and just almost have like a panic attack.... i also do the same thing at night, if my LO and my boyfriend fall asleep before me.. i just lay there.. thinking, getting over whelmed and anxious... phew.. hope it passes soon lol

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I just had baby #2...husband took oldest to the DRs yesterday for her 15 month. She had dropped 2 lbs and is underweight (we had to go to a ped. later that day). I broke out in tears when my husband told me and felt like someone had told me she was severely ill. Talking to people about how I feel helps me. Ped. says DD looks good and to increase calories, but we have some more tests. As we speak she is playing nude on a plastic table cloth, while I BF my newest. She already pooed all over the "diaper" collectors the peds. nurse gave us. We are no getting inventive.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I had it with baby #1, but I haven't noticed much of it since my now 5 month old was born. It was like there were suddenly a whole lot of threats in the world. For a few months, I slept with the phone beside me. With DS 1, my heart would just start pounding out of the blue, especially as I was trying to fall asleep at night.
    missxhillary likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

ive always had problems with anxiety but having children has made it 10 times worse. i cant take them to the park without getting super upset that one of them is going to fall and break his neck. the worst thing is there has been a few times one of the boys has been hurt or nearly hurt because someone didnt listen to me and thought i was being paranoid which only reinforces my anxiety. being a mom is stressfull!!

Thread Information