User Tag List

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

So on Saturday I did the 18,500 promotion and when I checked my receipt I saw that I did not get the 5x points on milk. In New Brunswick we get 5x points on Baxter milk. This is the same milk I have been purchasing forever with the 5x promotion. I checked the flyer and sure enough it is right there on the first page of the food section. I forgot about it and today I went back to purchase some more milk and same thing. I called Shoppers and that was a mistake; I should have send an email. The poor guy was completely lost. First he went to check with someone else and when he came back he told me that this was a store by store promotion. Hum, hum I don't think so, it is right there on your flyer online. He proceeded to check the flyer on line. It took him at least 15 minutes to find the right flyer. He gave me the 5x points on my two 2-litres today but told me the 6 I purchased on Saturday will not get the 5x points because there was the 18,500 points promotion and that I cannot get both promotion. At that point I did not feel like arguing with him. I have been getting the 5x points on 20x days, 18,500 days, etc. I sent an email to inquire and hopefully I will get some type of response that makes sense.

Anyone else noticed that they did not get their 5x points?

Just received the response from SDM. This is new because I always got the 5x the points including during other promotion days. I will have to reevaluate where I buy my milk.

Thank you for writing us. The points did not go on April 28th due to the 18,500 Optimum bonus points promotion. As the 2 promotions (18,500 and the 5x milk) were concurrent the system awarded the better of the 2 offers. Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix
    Last edited by Bargain Seeker; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Edited to include response from SDM

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I heard from other SC members that certain provinces don't award points for milk. I could be wrong.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Yes it seems that every province treats their milk purchases differently as it relates to points.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only ever got regular points on milk.I live in Alberta.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

me too, never heard about 5X points on milk before.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    He gave me the 5x points on my two 2-litres today but told me the 6 I purchased on Saturday will not get the 5x points because there was the 18,500 points promotion and that I cannot get both promotion. At that point I did not feel like arguing with him. I have been getting the 5x points on 20x days, 18,500 days, etc. I sent an email to inquire and hopefully I will get some type of response that makes sense.

Anyone else noticed that they did not get their 5x points?

Just received the response from SDM. This is new because I always got the 5x the points including during other promotion days. I will have to reevaluate where I buy my milk.

Thank you for writing us. The points did not go on April 28th due to the 18,500 Optimum bonus points promotion. As the 2 promotions (18,500 and the 5x milk) were concurrent the system awarded the better of the 2 offers. Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience.
    Ha!
    I'm afraid they have changed their system... I didn't get 1000 BP WUB 2 sun life products. I called them and got the same answer: system is choosing a better promo and since you shopped on 18,500 event we gave you the better bonus.
    I know I wasn't like that before (because I always got product bonus points and transaction bonus points) but I'm starting to think that they have mixed with the cash system to avoid people "double-dipping"....

It's a third thread of not getting various product bonus points after last week-end 18,500 BP promo... I hope I'm mistaken and we just had bad luck!!
    Last edited by Doda; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There are a few threads in the brag section where people got 18500 + product bonus points last week-end, and I personaly got some product BP + 18500, so it's not a 100% thing!

Since you didn't get the 5x points today either, I'd say it's just a bad programming in the system, like items not scanning at the right price, and not linked to the 2 promos together. The 2 promos things is probably just a canned answer!

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rewok View Post
    There are a few threads in the brag section where people got 18500 + product bonus points last week-end, and I personaly got some product BP + 18500, so it's not a 100% thing!

Since you didn't get the 5x points today either, I'd say it's just a bad programming in the system, like items not scanning at the right price, and not linked to the 2 promos together. The 2 promos things is probably just a canned answer!
    I hope you are right.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just checked my receipt after reading your post OP. I did not get the 5x bonus points on my milk either. They are definitely fiddling with their system. I checked my receipt 3 times and found that my subtotal (and base points) was AFTER coupons but included bottle deposits. Weird, never happened before.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

At one of the Shoppers locations near me you can not use BP coupons on redemptions--- it's not a personal thing either, the coupons simply won't apply. It's a programming thing. They're definitely getting wise to "double-dipping" but these changes should be made across the board, not individually.

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

I didn't get the 5X on my milk (in excess of $25 spent on milk) but I did get my 18500...which they swore I would not get. I hope it's just a glitch!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In Quebec, it is 10x points on milk this week.
    This only happens occasionally. We are allowed to earn points on milk (sometimes bonus points) but cannot redeem points for free milk.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I hate hearing stories like this, but thanks for the heads up and sharing. Inconsistency makes my armpits sweat when I go through the till. Both SDM I go to have been great; no problems with BP coup and promotions, but...who knows what the future is to bring.

Aside: good thing I proofread as I originally wrote "armpits swear!" Now that would be a sight to see.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Thread Information