User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Walmart plans to compete with DOLLARAMA

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Recently, my dad came over for a visit and mentioned to me that he read an article about walmarts plan to compete with DOLLARAMA. They plan on opening or increasing their stores to include a huge DOLLAR section.... AS ALL COUPONNERS know, sometimes, we buy the smaller or travel size for better savings, free and some times though pretty rare OVERAGE...

Guess what.. I found the article and boy am i happy...

Here is a quote from the Thestar.com "To compete with Dollorama, Which plans on opening 50 new stores in canada in 2012, walmart is increasing their dollar store items / section"

To read the full article click the link

http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...rama-in-canada

This can be very good news for us non stackers, we might find more OVERAGE ITEMS.

I thought this might be interesting to all us couponners.. Thanks for reading....
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Guess, Target, Walmart
    Last edited by jubsies; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 09:17 PM.
    Just launched my new website, come take a look (headbands for all ages, and more to come)
    Www.5angels.ca

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jubsies

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Target also has a dollar section at the entrance to their stores. I am thinking that Walmart is getting ready to compete with Target too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think it will lead to more overage for a few months, then manufacturers will start putting 'excluding trial size' on their coupons and that'll be the end of overage.

Off topic, but I also love pointing out mistakes in newspapers. Check out their spelling of "Zeller's," and then "Zellers" in the same paragraph
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

they need to train their employees first about coupons every day i see there is problem at walmart when using coupons because if expending more coupons will be used

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I saw the news conference the day they were talking about it, the CEO even mention Target.
    On another note, I was at the Dollarama the other day and the cashier called for a price check, lol, remember when everything in the store was a $, no need for a price check. Walmart having a dollar section will help Dollarama keep their price in check.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

lets hope the new WM's have them
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Pfftt I'd love to see this happen at my local WM. Seems prices keep going up and up and up. Ever so slightly but over a small amount of time. I don't know if I have ever seen something regular priced for $1 besides produce prices ($0.88/LB or $0.75 cucumber, etc)

I'd definitely welcome it though, more ways for my family to save money especially since the dollar store isn't a dollar anymore everything has increased there too.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Pfftt I'd love to see this happen at my local WM. I don't know if I have ever seen something regular priced for $1 besides produce prices ($0.88/LB or $0.75 cucumber, etc)

I'd definitely welcome it though, more ways for my family to save money especially since the dollar store isn't a dollar anymore everything has increased there too.
    Until Thursday at 11 PM, the Neilson's 1 L chocolate milk is still $1 at Walmart superstores. Next week, the baby Pom is also $1. In March I bought tons of rapini to freeze - it was $1 a bunch.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This could be the beging of catalina's in canada... target stores have catalinas and they allow store coupons to be combined with manufacture coupons... every week they are putting out 3-5 items that end up being free for couponers... you guys are so going to love target!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

WM will certainly have to start competing with many more stores. Target and Dollar Tree are both US stores entering into Canada and they are great stores! I always stop at both when I'm in the US.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

would be great for me. live much closer to WM
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They'll just shrink the packaging or bring more cheap stuff from Taiwan.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Pfftt I'd love to see this happen at my local WM. Seems prices keep going up and up and up. Ever so slightly but over a small amount of time. I don't know if I have ever seen something regular priced for $1 besides produce prices ($0.88/LB or $0.75 cucumber, etc)

Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

that's good news
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I leave in mexico before and in the entrance of the walmart there they have these dollar store!
    jubsies likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i can't stand dollarama

walmart and target rules !!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information