User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fpc to board coupon trains???

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Ok, so was at the coupon trade tonight, and I got the train bug again, haven't been on one since last fall, well...... Apparently the boarding pass is now a free product coupon (fpc) ( btw bricon, do you like that I new that abbreviation, lol). Anyway, I will not be boarding an train that requests a fpc. That's just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will have to search more for trains that don't have that, but looks like they are few and far between!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Really, a fpc to board? That seems off to me, Just a few months ago it was a few stamps or wishlist coupons, looks like I wont be joining a train anytime soon.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Greed has taken over the coupon world
    leftie and Jmarshall like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    122 (100%)

I miss the trains from last year, now they are just outrageous requests.
    Jmarshall likes this.

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

Haha oh how u are catching on these these slang LOL... I told you tonight its alot of work but I now no the ones who dont ask for FPC so read all the rules before you join unless you have a crappy FPC you wont use send that .....

And did you copy my list yet hahahaha

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Yeah..I know Carmen. I don't join trains that ask for FPC..unless I'm getting one back. Definitely copy bricon's list..it's awesome.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

If they ask for an FPC, I usually send one that I won't be using... or I don't board that train... Some people also ask for stamps for your envie, a stamp for the them, plus some coupons... whatever happened to just 1 thing for your effort??? People are definitely getting greedy...

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

While I agree with the comments that it is getting out of hands at times, I also think many times conductors go above and beyond! Conductors go through a lot of effort to ensure there are no mistakes and many times will replace incorrect coupons from their own stash to ensure all riders are happy. For that reason, I don't mind sending a little extra. And I'd prefer to send a small value FPC (i.e. MMs, Smarties) rather than stamps and coupons. Saves me time and money in the long run.

Just my two cents :D

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Regarding Petrman's reply: My thought is that if you sign up to be a conducter than you know whats in store, Im sure that it is hard work, but they usually also get extra coupons, so this FPC boarding pass is pure greed.

My two cents

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I get very discouraged with just people's wish lists, let alone trains. I have never done one so I can't speak from expereince though. Now while I don't mind trading FPC's or HV's it has to be for something equally valuable. These are hard to come by and I get a little (no alot) pissed when I see trade lists full of battery's, $.50 coupons off, buy this, that and the other thing for a toothbrush, multiples of inserts (most of us get), just useless coupons (and we all know what they are) for nothing but HV's, GC's, FPC's, hard earned SDM points, Tim's cards etc). And I really get upset when these are requested, and you know a tearpad has been taken for this purpose. I am not complaining about anything particular, just what I see often on the trade forum. I have always had great trades, and coupons are my friend so I guess I should just keep my little opinion to myself.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hydroxybutane View Post
    Yeah..I know Carmen. I don't join trains that ask for FPC..unless I'm getting one back. Definitely copy bricon's list..it's awesome.
    Okay Bricon, what list are they talking about. I'm curious. Tanks!

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

haha its just my wishlist things I want for VWT I made it extra long now mostly stackables for truro ......
    Now need some ITUNE coke covers too my music on my phone is getting old......

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    Okay Bricon, what list are they talking about. I'm curious. Tanks!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I ride & conduct alot of trains. I assure you not all conductors are asking for FPCS. Many times the FPCs are for the game part of the train. For example I have run several where everyone sends in a FPC but they are given back to the winners on the train. Most trains right now will ask for stamps + extra coupons OR FPC. In some cases sending a FPC could cost you less (A bottle of Coke, a small tub of yogurt for example). If you were never going to use it anyways it would be a better choice than 4 stamps costing $2.44.

Agree with peterman- good conductors to go out of thier way to make sure all riders are happy. On every train I conduct I always end up fixing mistakes & adding coupons of my own. I end up giving alot of extras. So I don't mind asking for an extra couple coupons or a stamp as a BP. It's alot of work & sometimes I even end up giving out more than I receive. But I enjoy it & I do it so everyone is happy & has a positive experience.

In regards to WL that contain very HV or FPCs- keep in mind most good riders are willing to accept that as the total you would give them. For example on my trains you would send each rider 4 different coupons, most riders would say they want a certain FPC but it's worth all 4 coupons, so that's all you'd send them. Again if it's one you'd never use it may be worth it. I also give HV or FPC to riders that I know to be very generous to me & my riders. After you do many many trains you'll know who are really great riders & you'll tend to start giving each other better coupons.

There are some really really great conductors out there. Just be choosy- check trade rating comments, really good conductors will have riders who have said just that! No offense to newbies, we were all newbies once- but I find alot of trains that go bad are run by new members trying to conduct trains when they haven't yet had enough experience being a rider first.

For those of you turned off by trains...I encourage you to try again! If you've never tried it please do, you'll be hooked!
    pumpkin9211 and peterman like this.

Weenie Mom
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I agree with Erinsmom about the FPC. I am relatively new to this, but in many cases I'd rather give an FPC than the stamps because it will in the long run cost me less. Yougurt and Cottage Cheese are things I wouldn't eat with someone else's lips, but if I get a free one I will take it knowing that I am going to give it away or trade it for something I will use. Many of the trains that require an FPC are doing a swap or a prize type thing. For me riding the trains is a fun hobby that keeps me busy while staying home with a sick parent. It even makes grocery shopping more of an adventure as I never really noticed how many boxes in the grocery store have freebie items on them. My family likes all kinds of different cereals/granola bars etc, so why not get the one with the FPC if it costs the same. All in all I find you do get out what you put in, and it's fun to boot.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

the last time I was on a train, it had 56 expired coupons in it.. considering there were only 72 coupons, to start with.... No more trains for me.. btw, it wasn't in s/c

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information