User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Police Officers and Indentifying themselves

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok, ok please lets not get too off-topic. I don't want to see anyone suspended or banned tonight!
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Is there some reason why my posts were deleted? Would prefer to be notified before that happens again.
    A warning should of been issued first by the mod whom removed it. Sorry about that and welcome to Sc
    Last edited by Sally888; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

And you just did the same, so shouldn't you be reported as well? (I'm aware you're a Mod but you are seemingly like the police in this case)... I didn't TELL anyone what to do, I wasn't the one being rude, obviously. I was pointing out that people are bullying this poor girl over something that has nothing to do with the question.
    I am not accusing you which is why I said "perhaps"...but fine I will restore your comments and pass this on to a higher mod than myselof !

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

And you just did the same, so shouldn't you be reported as well? (I'm aware you're a Mod but you are seemingly like the police in this case)... I didn't TELL anyone what to do, I wasn't the one being rude, obviously. I was pointing out that people are bullying this poor girl over something that has nothing to do with the question.
    as I didn't see any bullying, perhaps you can quote the relevant post and bold what you are concerned about??
    K8's Fate likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Good point. My tongue-in-cheek observation is that it has seemed to me for decades that the CBC is biased in favour of whatever party the accuser doesn't like! They are regularly accused of being pro-Conservative, pro-Liberal and pro-NDP....and often all on the same day.
    I've seen that in so many countries for many different companies. it seems to be a stable complaint.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was in my previous post but it got removed so here it is again:

If you are willing to kick an Officer in the nuts, then be prepared to get thrown to the ground. HARD! You say you have respect, but I do not see it in your posts.

It's rude, ignorant etc. Not going to re-type it. I'm more annoyed that someone removed my posts without saying anything TO ME. I'm a part of several forums and this is the first time I've ever dealt with this kind of disrespect towards someone A) new and B) with a difference of opinion.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Not to tell you to do your job but perhaps you should inform a new person of that and not just delete them? It's very unwelcoming.
    when you sign up, you get an automatic e-mail with the rules. it's up to us as users to read and follow them.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    I am not accusing you which is why I said "perhaps"...but fine I will restore your comments and pass this on to a higher mod than myselof !

If you are willing to kick an Officer in the nuts, then be prepared to get thrown to the ground. HARD! You say you have respect, but I do not see it in your posts.

It's rude, ignorant etc. Not going to re-type it. I'm more annoyed that someone removed my posts without saying anything TO ME. I'm a part of several forums and this is the first time I've ever dealt with this kind of disrespect towards someone A) new and B) with a difference of opinion.
    Calm down. please.

Jezebel is going to restore your posts and send your complaint to a higher mod.

Please read the e-mail sent automatically when you registered for the relevant details as to how this board is run.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It was a mistake to do so without warning, and I've apologized on their behalf. People make mistakes and it was rectified, we are working with a fairly new mod team and it's hard to know what the proper protocol is 100% of the time.

However this post should not turn into a debate, or we all know where those go.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found this while looking into it a bit:

A. What are the rights and responsibilities of the police?

Police officers have a sworn duty to prevent and investigate crimes and to keep the peace. They have the right to be treated with respect. The police officers must maintain certain standards, including respectful communication and minimum use of force. They are prohibited from using profanity, intimidation or harassment. If an officer does not identify themselves, you have the right to request and receive their name and/or badge number.
    (source: http://www.copka.ca/otherinfo/rights&responsib.php)

Further down it also states: "In general, you are under no obligation to identify yourself to a police officer."
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Is there some reason why my posts were deleted? Would prefer to be notified before that happens again.
    I am sorry your posts have been restored...

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Don't worry I'm done with this thread.
    Last edited by TaraF; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

What is COPKA?Cooperative Policing: Killaloe Area (COPKA) is an incorporated non-profit community organization dedicated to securing positive changes in policing in the Killaloe OPP detachment area. We meet monthly with the OPP and municipal representatives to discuss issues of importance to our members. COPKA believes that the police need the respect of the citizens they serve. Good police work should be commended; officers who abuse their position must be held accountable and given the chance to correct their behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    Found this while looking into it a bit:

A. What are the rights and responsibilities of the police?

Police officers have a sworn duty to prevent and investigate crimes and to keep the peace. They have the right to be treated with respect. The police officers must maintain certain standards, including respectful communication and minimum use of force. They are prohibited from using profanity, intimidation or harassment. If an officer does not identify themselves, you have the right to request and receive their name and/or badge number.
    (source: http://www.copka.ca/otherinfo/rights&responsib.php)

Further down it also states: "In general, you are under no obligation to identify yourself to a police officer."

I do think that it is reasonable to ask 'when' police are required to identify themselves....in the heat of the moment or at a more 'reasonable' point in time.
    Last edited by DianneS; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I'm done with this thread, it went off topic from the first few that posted in here anyways. Peace be with you all

I think it became politicized with the posting of the video...at that point people began to respond to the video as much as to the question in the first post.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm done with this thread, it went off topic from the first few that posted in here anyways. Peace be with you all
    You can always ask for it to be expired by a mod, if it has gone off topic since you posted the video.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information