Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Zonny
  • 3 Post By GeorgiaK
  • 1 Post By glowworm2k

Thread: Clean babies hands?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

How do you clean your babies hands when you are out and about. I have a little one, that likes to put his hands in his mouth, even though he doesn't touch a lot of things I would like to clean his hands after visiting the doctor.

This question is for all ages, did you change what you used as they got older?

Please post what you used and at what age.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I never used anything special, soap and water, a baby wipe if I'm in a pinch. I'm not a fan of hand sanitizer for any age, except when I'm visiting the hospital, then I'll use it.
    AmberLab, Natalka, aussie and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I agree with Zonny, I never use those hand sanitizers for myself or DS. I just keep a wash cloth and a sample size of his bath soap with me at all times. If I am in a pinch, I will use a baby wipe.

IMO we need to expose kids to germs and stuff to get their immune systems used to them.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am not a fan of hand sanitizer also, but I was thinking that the wipes have chemicals in them as well, which I do not want my baby to put in his mouth.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use baby wipes, preferably store brand they work best for my 2 year old, we stopped using Huggies simply wipes (which i am going to post a thread about) because she had a bad reaction to, it had something to do with this new wipe, never heard of simply wipes, we were good with shea butter and green tea, and sensitive ones. I use wipes for really bad messes other wise i use tissue or paper towel with water to wipe clean fast.
    Code:

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

My Mom (we're going back nearly 30 years now) had one of those giant '80s purses to carry her stuff plus stuff for us. To clean our hands, she kept a wet washcloth that had a bit of ivory (or another unscented, non-chemical brand) soap on it inside a ziploc baggie. To keep it simple, she had a big stack of washcloths, so it just took a minute to wet one and rub a bit of soap on it before we left the house, and then just toss it in with the rest of the laundry when the day out is done. It worked great for her, and my sister and I turned out just fine - although I'm sure we ate our fair share of dirt when she wasn't looking!
    AmberLab likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, I am thinking of carrying a wash cloth with a bottle of water and just wetting and wiping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

When DS was under 1, we went to a parent/tot playgroup. I got in the habit of carrying a plastic wipe carrier (the small thin kind that sometimes comes with samples) and had a damp baby washcloth in it for wiping up messy faces, etc. I'd forgotten about that! DS is six now, those days are a blur.

Thread Information