Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Where Have All My Flowers Gone?

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

that is terrible....she should be ashamed of herself
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

That is so awful!! I have stopped before and taken pictures of people's flowers but would not dream of taking the flowers themselves. how awful!!
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My dad fixed that problem, using natural fertilizer, aka the dog's fertilizer, around his bushes, as people were coming through the bushes around his house to steal christmas lights that were in them at Christmas. Once he started doing that, they kept away from them. The plants grew very well later on that year . He never had any problems with plants being taken after that either. Love my dad.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    My dad fixed that problem, using natural fertilizer, aka the dog's fertilizer, around his bushes, as people were coming through the bushes around his house to steal christmas lights that were in them at Christmas. Once he started doing that, they kept away from them. The plants grew very well later on that year . He never had any problems with plants being taken after that either. Love my dad.
    I was just thinking along those lines. Looking for something picky/prickly to put around all the pretty things.....or something that would cause an irritation/allergic reaction...assuming of course you don't need to do much in that part of the garden yourself....or don't mind wearing gloves to do so! lol

Or once you see them taking your plants/flowers and they claim that they only took one or two, offer them something special to take with them.....a big clump of poison ivy! lol *insert evil laugh*

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

The nerve of some people! I guess they are trying to save some money by stealing the flowers and not buying any.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would have been mad to, like she could have asked first? If someone asked me first I would say help yourself. It is just doing without permission that would make me mad
    flyingdutch and Darth Penguin like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

what the h3ll is wrong with people these days? Pardon the language but I get so frustrated by people thinking that because they like it they can take it. Well I like $100 bills, maybe the bank should just give me some. Geez!
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    I would have been mad to, like she could have asked first? If someone asked me first I would say help yourself. It is just doing without permission that would make me mad
    But some people are just sooo spechul that they don't have to ask, you should be rushing out and giving them to her.. in their mind anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    what the h3ll is wrong with people these days? Pardon the language but I get so frustrated by people thinking that because they like it they can take it. Well I like $100 bills, maybe the bank should just give me some. Geez!
    I like your thinking.

My bank wants me to have the money before giving me the cash...I never thought to tell them I liked the money and I'd be given it....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It's unfortunate, but some people just feel an entitlement to anything they see. That delivery lady sure had some nerve. I hope she has learned her lesson by being caught by you and will think twice about ever doing that again.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

That's messed up. As if she didn't know any better! My 3 year old knows better so certainly an adult woman must too!
    AmberLab and flyingdutch like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same problem especially with daffodils, they all use the excuse only taking a couple. I always say buy a few from the Cancer society.
    AmberLab and flyingdutch like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Holy crap. People are unbelievable. I would put up a sign in the garden that says "Remote controlled electrical fence - steal flowers at your own risk!".

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Caution Whoomping Willows

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this!

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    I was just thinking along those lines. Looking for something picky/prickly to put around all the pretty things.....or something that would cause an irritation/allergic reaction...assuming of course you don't need to do much in that part of the garden yourself....or don't mind wearing gloves to do so! lol

Or once you see them taking your plants/flowers and they claim that they only took one or two, offer them something special to take with them.....a big clump of poison ivy! lol *insert evil laugh*

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I keep my best flowers behind our privacy hedge since I've had people take them during the night (my bird feeders too). We also have a large apple tree in our yard along the fence which we gladly let anyone help themselves to but there are people that walk across our property and take other fruit as well. When you've waited all season for 3 pears to ripen and someone just comes and takes them its really frustrating. I have no problem with giving anyone a cutting or seedling of a plant/tree i grow but don't trespass and steal them.
    Lucky for me, nature has come to my defense and we now have tall poison ivy all around my property. Me and most of the members of my family are the minority that have no reaction to it but it keeps the thieves at bay
    AmberLab likes this.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information