User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Went to Walmart and spotted certain Yves products on rollback for $3.97 instead of $4.97
    I picked up one Fake Beef and one Fake Chicken box (two different products)
    DW catches up with me and tell her I got this and that and these Yves for $3.97.
    Head to checkout and see $4.97 come up on receipt for both boxes.
    I send DW to car and take baby to back of store to check the shelf to verify price for SCOP
    Find the roll back tags that go over top of the regular price gone. Price has been changed while I'm in the store!
    Head to customer service and explain the price on receipt is wrong and that the shelf price just changed.
    She says she'll have to check with meat dept. Pages twice, no answer.
    Says they never change prices during the day.
    Offers $1 back as a courtesy because meats will not pick up.
    I say no - I want SCOP. She says she can't verify the price.
    I say no problem, I'll go find someone in meats.
    I go back to the back of store and find a guy in dairy who agrees that there was repricing going on and goes looking for the meat lady in the back. He comes back out and says to have customer service call him by name and he'll confirm the price change.
    Back to customer service - she says, "you waited" so I'll do a refund. Runs $2 refund and remarks about all the effort over $2.
    I say I still want the SCOP and she refuses saying they are honoring the lower price as a courtesy only. Tells me they should only honor the reduced price on the first item. Maybe the tag I saw was for something else.
    I point out there are two different products with the same issue and it should be SCOP on both. The point of SCOP is that customers are charged the lowest displayed price at the till or it's free - it's about confidence for the customer.

Now I'm NOT HAPPY. Over 30 min to get $2 back and be told they don't raise prices during the day and don't believe me.

Went to greeter and got duty managers name. Went to the lady doing Walmart CC signups and asked how to find duty manager Chris. She asks what the issue is, I tell her, and she agrees to give me a full refund. So eventually I got fake beef and fake chicken burgers for free, but WOW what a hassle.

Stores could make a lot of extra money by sending staff out to raise the prices during the day. Ya, that sale price that attracted you ... you can't have that now... we just raised the price while you walked 1/2 KM to the checkouts.

Is it always this hard? Did I have a legit claim? Anything further I should do about this?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

That was alot of effort, but glad you got it in the end. Walmart also will not give SCOP, unles YOU mention it.......sneaky.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had issues with Walmart on SCOPs before too. I've found I need to take a picture with my phone to prove it sometimes because they will send employees and will see the wrong item that I am looking to get SCOPed.... I've also had to walk an associate to the section if i've seen something priced wrong... annoying but I want my free product!!!!!! Be careful but stand your ground!!!!
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

This happened to me some winters ago. I was buying ice salt at Walmart which was on special for .97 cents. Well it rang in at 1.97 I told the cashier that was not what the price board said. She called an associate to verify the price and lo and behold, I went outside where the ice salt was and he was there next to the new price board he had just put up. Had I known about SCOP, I would've demanded it but I ended up not getting the ice salt anyway. Changing the sign during mid-day was enough to tick me off.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

you did good on fighting it.... a lot of WM employees seem clueless about Coupons, SCOP and PM... i wonder how they get trained.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    you did good on fighting it.... a lot of WM employees seem clueless about Coupons, SCOP and PM... i wonder how they get trained.
    From my experience if they weren't trained specifically for cash they have no idea about store policies (and some who are on cash still have no idea) I had mentioned once before that my friend worked at Walmart in the shoe department....and after working there for about 6 months I happened to mention SCOP and she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about!

I mean I realize she wasn't working at cash but I still thought they'd train all floor employees about their basic rules and policies.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is why I ALWAYS take a picture with my camera on my phone. It date stamps too. As far as I am concerned, if they do not want to honour the programmes that they are part of then they need to opt out....not hassle or make their customers feel bad because they want to look good but really are not.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    This is why I ALWAYS take a picture with my camera on my phone. It date stamps too. As far as I am concerned, if they do not want to honour the programmes that they are part of then they need to opt out....not hassle or make their customers feel bad because they want to look good but really are not.

I always used to do this too. But a friend of mine who works at RCSS mentioned that taking photo's inside the store is something that people can get arrested for.. EEEEEEEEEEEEK! So I don't anymore..
    Its something to do with copyright..
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I feel your pain. Had SCOP problem today at walmart. Product rang it at 2.27 shelf said 2.00, manager comes over and goes all this for 27 cents, so I reply no it's not 27 cents its SCOP so it's FREE. She says "FINE" in one of those tones and walks away. Gee, it's not like it's coming out of her paycheck.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i understand totally. purchased 2 pkgs of mini carrots today. the sign said $1 ea however, when i got to the parking lot looked at my bill and one came up 1.47 and the other 1.48--same brand, same size. but i was in a hurry and couldnt spend 15 to 20 mins in line waiting for a refund. it sounds like it happens alot and it makes you wonder if wrong pricing it is deliberate or an honest mistake

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineMcdonald View Post
    I always used to do this too. But a friend of mine who works at RCSS mentioned that taking photo's inside the store is something that people can get arrested for.. EEEEEEEEEEEEK! So I don't anymore..
    Its something to do with copyright..
    wow i see alot of pictures posted in the store...seriously, you can be arrested?

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

getting SCOP at walmart is like pulling your own teeth. they do not like to give SCOP and will try to fight you every time.

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Never done a SCOP before but I intend to get it when I do. I have a question, if tow different products example a box of rice and a box of cereal come up at wrong prices, do you get them both free because they are different products or just one free and the other at the proper price?? thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SynthiaD View Post
    Never done a SCOP before but I intend to get it when I do. I have a question, if tow different products example a box of rice and a box of cereal come up at wrong prices, do you get them both free because they are different products or just one free and the other at the proper price?? thanks
    You would get each of them free because they are different products - ie. they have different UPC codes. Even if you were buying two boxes of different flavoured cereal (e.g. one box of Special K Vanilla Almond and one box of Special K Red Berries), you would get each of them free. If you were buying two boxes of vanilla, then you would get one free and one at the shelf price.

Also keep in mind that the item would only be free if it is less than $10.00. If it is more than $10, you would get it at the shelf price, minus $10.

Hope that helps!

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    1 (67%)

I got a 2K bag of McCain frozen french fries FREE with SCOP at Safeway before...they are really good with SCOP! I watch the till screen vigilantly...when my boyfriend isn't there...he doesn't like to make a fuss and would rather spend the extra cash then wait and see other customers being annoyed...LOL MEN! Though I do have to say, when I walked out with 3 bags from SDM and my receipt said I'd saved WAY MORE than what I'd spent, he talked about it for days! I guess it's just the big things they notice, not the few bucks here and there... I don't go to Wal-Mart at all. I'm anti-Wal-Mart...:/
    Jessi...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information