User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: No it's not a photocopy!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Expired
    It is so aggravating when supervisors flippantly say your coupon is a photocopy; do they not realize they are accusing the customer of fraud? Yesterday in Walmart, I asked the cashier if I could use a Save on Foods coupon for the Oasis juice. She called over the supervisor who quickly looked at it and say "no, it's a photocopy". Luckily the cashier was also a couponer and told her about it being a pdf ..... Then the supervisor said "oh, we don't take SoF coupons" (which of course is fine). Good customer service is taking the time to look at the coupon rather than jump to conclusions therefore insulting the customer.
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods, Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Guhhh I hear you on this one - If there is no website = a photocopy or fake assumption.... Not always the case....
    BC Gal likes this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Oh I find this so irritating! I was using a $3 Listerine coupon at SDM and they said it was a photocopy when it was a printable!
    BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I absolutely hate it when they use the term "photocopy/photocopie". It's so insulting to me, like I'm breaking the law. A printout is *not* a photocopy *&@*$ Geesh.
    BC Gal and couponlovingcanuck like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

It's that knee-jerk reaction that I hate; straight to calling me a cheat/fraud without thinking about what they are saying. If they think a printed coupon is a fake or photocopy, why not ask some questions like where is this coupon from, was it a limited printing coupon, etc.
    Last edited by BC Gal; Wed, May 23rd, 2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: irony is my frienemy :P
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I love that coupon printer and smartsource prints have unique id's.. when i get accused of "photocopying" these i simply point out that i never knew photocopies each print with a different #s
    linnyeg, xox2010, masid and 5 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

one of the reasons why I don't use printables...rarely anyone wants to take them for fear they are fake
    BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    It's that knee-jerk reaction that I hate; straight to calling me a cheat/fraud without thinking about what they are saying. If they think a printed coupon is a fake or photocopy, why not ask some questions like where is this coupon from, was it a limited printing coupon, etc.

To top it off, Walmart ripped me off. Corn was suppose to be 3 for $1.00 or 41¢ each...I got 6 and paid 2.46
    Check the bottom your recipe, they usually take the discount off at the end. They always get put in regular price but then the discount gets taken off at the bottom of the recipe.
    BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmorDeRosa View Post
    Check the bottom your recipe, they usually take the discount off at the end. They always get put in regular price but then the discount gets taken off at the bottom of the recipe.
    Lol, you're right Thanks for pointing that out It was my first multibuy from there so I didn't realize that's how they do it.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Oh, I hear you on this one.
    BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i hate when they assume, and without asking you one single question they start paging or calling over to their supervisor, waving the piece of paper in the air, declaring that you are trying to pass off a photocopy.

i never print in color, i always do B&W, and that makes it worse lol

i said to a woman once, "why would i waste my color ink on a coupon?" she just looked at me realizing the logic in that. duh!

some of them are just waiting for opportunities to talk down to customers. they will never change.
    BC Gal likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I was shocked when I was able to use the livingwell.ca coupons for children's tylenol at Walmart with no problems whatsoever-TWICE!! (and hooray for cheap tylenol! ) It's sad when I am plesantly surprised that I can use a coupon!!! But I am glad that my little walmart is starting to train their cashiers on coupons!
    BC Gal likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

When the Cottonelle $2 printable came out last year it was a 'coupon printer' one that allowed two coupons to be printed. People were photocopying them by the dozens and taking them to one of our local grocery stores. It got to be such a problem that they almost stopped taking printables altogether. So my rant would be about the idiots that cause stores to have to question the rest of us!
    BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

^ if someone photocopies coupons that were printed out from their printer, can't it be traced back to them??? Like when the companies get sent these photocopied coupons, don't they verify the coupon before reimbursing the store? That is my thinking anyway...

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i hate when they assume, and without asking you one single question they start paging or calling over to their supervisor, waving the piece of paper in the air, declaring that you are trying to pass off a photocopy.

i never print in color, i always do B&W, and that makes it worse lol
    i said to a woman once, "why would i waste my color ink on a coupon?" she just looked at me realizing the logic in that. duh!

some of them are just waiting for opportunities to talk down to customers. they will never change.
    I'd say, "According to your coupon policy you accept black and white printed coupons. Did that change or something?"

Sometimes, instead of "is this photocopied?" I get, "this looks photocopied." I say, "wellllllllll, it isn't." lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information