User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Opened my "store" stockpile to my friends/family..:)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So I have had my friends/family always ask what I have in my stockpile and some have bought a couple of things here and there.....so I finally did up an inventory list and gave it to them today......I made 2 sales so far for a total of almost $100...yeah
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Ummm... you SOLD to family and friends?!?!
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

maybe the OP means that she totalled up what it would have been if they had bought it, and it was almost 100... but at her "store" they "bought" (as in she let them come and help themselves) these things for free

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I see nothing wrong with this. Even though most of us got our stockpile with coupons and FPCs, there is still tax to be paid, gas, and time. Those are not free, we are not volunteers, and these are not donations.

It's like saying that I will pay you for taking my stockpile.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Sun, May 27th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
    anisa, mydusty, lizamarie and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

nvm
    Last edited by salady; Sun, May 27th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think some people are jumping to conclusions right now. "Stockpile" does not always mean free. She may have had to spend some money to get these items, even when coupons reduced the price. Also, she didn't say how much she was paid for the items. The 'family & friends' may still have paid only what she paid herself to get the items. Don't be too hard on someone unless you know all the facts. Sometimes we're just a little too judgemental and sanctimonious.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dregular View Post
    I think some people are jumping to conclusions right now. "Stockpile" does not always mean free. She may have had to spend some money to get these items, even when coupons reduced the price. Also, she didn't say how much she was paid for the items. The 'family & friends' may still have paid only what she paid herself to get the items. Don't be too hard on someone unless you know all the facts. Sometimes we're just a little too judgemental and sanctimonious.
    Not to mention that this is the Bragging Forum
    With no negative comments, please.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I shouldn't have to say this but I will----

I rarely get anything for free and if you have seen any of my other post especially my boxes for my nieces and their families--I make them and GIVE them to them for free 2 big boxes 1 at christmas and another in Feb....anything I get for FREE I do give to family/friends--like the bbq sauce, mustard, vileda scrunges, listerine....most of my stockpile I have paid for but using coupons I get a better deal then they do so my family/friends get the same deal except I ask for a little more due to my time cutting coupons and traveling to get it for gas and dropping it off at their homes--driving 3hrs this week to see family and bringing all this stuff to them.

so please don't hate on me ----I am not making a profit just helping out my friends/family
    Last edited by lizamarie; Sun, May 27th, 2012 at 07:48 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I had a very huge stockpile that I didn't want, my bro went through my stuff and got over $300 worth of stuff and all I asked for was $10 to cover my taxes. He laughed in my face as he was carrying the bags to his car. Never again. I donated everything last xmas to homeless teens and the less fortunate.
    matrix82, redfox, anisa and 14 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I had a very huge stockpile that I didn't want, my bro went through my stuff and got over $300 worth of stuff and all I asked for was $10 to cover my taxes. He laughed in my face as he was carrying the bags to his car. Never again. I donated everything last xmas to homeless teens and the less fortunate.
    That is awful to laugh in your face .
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

please let's not attack ppl ! this is the bragging section!

Like OP I have things in my stash that I got with coupons but I also have 20 jars of Ragu...I paid $1 per jar..no coupon.....10 Method laundry soap $3 ea on clearance...no coupon /javex no coupon and many other such items......

so just because ppl have stockpiles does not mean they aquired it all for free

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

One of my friends always is generous enough to babysit DS while I teach 1 night a week at a local college. She won't accept any money from me since this is the only money I earn since I quit my job to stay home until I found daycare for him. So, I brought her down to my "store" and told her to pick anything she wanted. I also made her a great Christmas basket with all the free or nearly free H&B items I have been able to get. This was my way of "paying" her for helping me when I need her.

Asking family and friends to pay the tax or a small token for the gas is not unreasonable.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I would just like to add 1 more thing---I enjoy couponing and most of my family & friends say they don't have the time or "it's too complicated to search and find the deals"---so If I have the coupons and don't want them to go to waste--ie tide--got for $2.99 plus tax....I can get the tide and they get the deal..

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizamarie View Post
    I would just like to add 1 more thing---I enjoy couponing and most of my family & friends say they don't have the time or "it's too complicated to search and find the deals"---so If I have the coupons and don't want them to go to waste--ie tide--got for $2.99 plus tax....I can get the tide and they get the deal..
    I agree my mom is way to busy to coupon and I may tell her of a deal on something she buys and ask her if she wants me to pick it up for her...and yes she Always wants to give me more than it actually cost ! LOL
    lizamarie likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My income is the smallest of any of my friends and family.
    I can not afford to give away items that took away what little spare money that I have.

Even though, I have offered to teach them how to price-match, and coupon, they are unable/unwilling to do so.
    I will pass along some great deals to them, but my money, time and energy finding deals is not worth absolutely nothing.

So far- everyone has been thrilled that they are getting some of my bargain items at my cost ( about 30% of retail- depends on the item)

When I get more organized- I will be doing the same as the original poster.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information