User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I've lost the will to argue/fight

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

If I have to hear once more that a coupon is "one per purchase" I'm going to get out my hammer and play whack a mole with the employees heads. When I go shopping I do several stores at once and there always seems to be one store that says it. It could be Metro, SDM, NF or CT.

But I hear this so often now that I just .... stare at them blankly. I use to talk slowly to them and say something like "yes, I know. And I'm buying 8. And you have in your hands 8 coupons". Then explain the whole one per item is same as one per purchase and it really means you can't use 2 coupons on the one item. Then if needed I have to go into further detail and explain at the end of the day when the store is closing they say "Please bring all your purchaseS to the counter"

Its just so much work to argue over this stupid line I get atleast once a week that today I just stared at the girl. Then the lady behind me next in line piped up and argued for me. LMAO it was awsome. I just thanked her and told her she wouldn't believe the amount of times I've been fed the one per purchase line.
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro, No Frills, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Was just thinking, once I left the store (I was allowed to use all 8 coupons) I told DH about it in the car and he ranted for me for the next 5 minutes about how ridiculous that line is and blah blah blah. LOL I don't have to fight/argue OR rant about it anymore

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ha, I actually don't get asked about the purchase/transaction thing very often. Must be a location thing XD lol

For me it's the photocopy issue when it's a printable. Otherwise, I don't have any problems or questions from cashiers.

Like that DH got in on the rant, too

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slayer_glade View Post
    Ha, I actually don't get asked about the purchase/transaction thing very often. Must be a location thing XD lol

For me it's the photocopy issue when it's a printable. Otherwise, I don't have any problems or questions from cashiers.

Like that DH got in on the rant, too

I've never heard the photocopy thing, was just reading about that tonight.

LOL it was more like DH was the only one ranting, I've lost the will to rant about that type of thing since its so often. But I still rant and rave about how stores never stock their darn shelves of things I want to buy, this happens several times a week for many years now and I don't think I'll ever get tired of ranting about that.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    If I have to hear once more that a coupon is "one per purchase" I'm going to get out my hammer and play whack a mole with the employees heads. When I go shopping I do several stores at once and there always seems to be one store that says it. It could be Metro, SDM, NF or CT.

But I hear this so often now that I just .... stare at them blankly. I use to talk slowly to them and say something like "yes, I know. And I'm buying 8. And you have in your hands 8 coupons". Then explain the whole one per item is same as one per purchase and it really means you can't use 2 coupons on the one item. Then if needed I have to go into further detail and explain at the end of the day when the store is closing they say "Please bring all your purchaseS to the counter"

Its just so much work to argue over this stupid line I get atleast once a week that today I just stared at the girl. Then the lady behind me next in line piped up and argued for me. LMAO it was awsome. I just thanked her and told her she wouldn't believe the amount of times I've been fed the one per purchase line.
    I have only had this starting to happen to me in the past few months - at stores that I have shopped at many times before. I think that ppl are being retrained and that the trainers are not explaining things well. The reason I say retrained is because it is the same cashiers I used to go to. Perhaps ppl have been passing bad coupons and now the cashiers are afraid to take any coupons (maybe they get in trouble). I generally have a supervisor called over almost every time I shop now at NF because the cashier doesn't think one per purchase means one per item and the supervisor always says it is fine.

The other solution to this is is to say fine - let's do separate transactions then for each of my purchases. This usually gets met with "fine, I will do it for you this time".

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I hear you! Funny thing happened tonight tho. Went to use 2 FPCs on 2 bagels. Each coupon said "one per purchase" Of course the cashier tried to tell me that i could only get one package of bagels. I went thru the explanation you gave and could hear a little voice in my head questioning "why would anyone try and use 2 FPC's on one package of bagels?"

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmi View Post
    I have only had this starting to happen to me in the past few months - at stores that I have shopped at many times before. I think that ppl are being retrained and that the trainers are not explaining things well. The reason I say retrained is because it is the same cashiers I used to go to. Perhaps ppl have been passing bad coupons and now the cashiers are afraid to take any coupons (maybe they get in trouble). I generally have a supervisor called over almost every time I shop now at NF because the cashier doesn't think one per purchase means one per item and the supervisor always says it is fine.

The other solution to this is is to say fine - let's do separate transactions then for each of my purchases. This usually gets met with "fine, I will do it for you this time".
    The thing of it is, a few times managers have said this to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky777s View Post
    I hear you! Funny thing happened tonight tho. Went to use 2 FPCs on 2 bagels. Each coupon said "one per purchase" Of course the cashier tried to tell me that i could only get one package of bagels. I went thru the explanation you gave and could hear a little voice in my head questioning "why would anyone try and use 2 FPC's on one package of bagels?"
    LOL oh jeez!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You do get sick of it.But I stick to my guns and don't give in.Just to make one cashier mad I did seperate transctions for all the items I had coupons for.Ha Ha,

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You do get sick of it.But I stick to my guns and don't give in.Just to make one cashier mad I did seperate transctions for all the items I had coupons for.Ha Ha,
    I'd definitely do this no matter what if I had to but its the whole explaining what it means and then going back and forth arguing about it. *sigh* Luckily I don't have little ones who tag around (just a DH, which sometimes is basically the same thing!) so I usually have a bit of extra time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am starting to think it's a good idea to keep a coupon with the wording "one per customer" or "one per transaction" on it. That way they can tell the difference between that and "purchase"
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

O my good god I understand but dont give up

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Oh, that is just so annoying. I remember at one time I had a coupon that said "One coupon per item purchased" and though that would be a good one just to keep and have on hand to show them but then I forgot about it. If I come across another coupon that says that, I will try to remember to keep it.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Every time I hear that from a cashier, a line from a movie plays in my head:

"Sonny, we can do this the easy way or the hard way...."

When I see a cashier ringing in separate purchases, I always think "Ah, she chose the hard way."

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Every time I hear that from a cashier, a line from a movie plays in my head:

"Sonny, we can do this the easy way or the hard way...."

When I see a cashier ringing in separate purchases, I always think "Ah, she chose the hard way."
    LOL.

It annoys me to when they give the "Okay, well I can do it for you this time, but you can't do this anymore because blah blah blah" And I'm like Oh RLY now? YOUR doing ME a favor by accepting my coupons?! Gee thanks.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I had that same thing happen yesterday a CT. I rarely go there because of this at this particular CT, but....let's just say I walked out with nothing due to the attitude and the way they interpret the writing on the coupons.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information