User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Rude people = wasted money and ruined ice cream surprise

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

wow and what kills me about those cat callers is that half of them probably have daughters ur age or older and how would they feel if it was there daughters
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sounds like a scary weekend that kept going down hill.

As for your neighbors are you sure they were home? They probably would have had the same problem as you had with no getting through to 911. You should definitely talk to someone like 311 or a local politicians office about not being able to get through to 911. It means they need more people answering phones. That is just awful and unbelievable.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Why couldn't you get through to 911?
    matrix82 likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sorry you are having such a terrible week. prayers for her husband to have a quick recovery.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sucks, we really do have some rude people in T.O.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok really your neighbors refused to open the door to you when you were frantic saying you needed to call 911.. I would be the most revengeful neighbor in the world..
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your concern and well wishes for my husband

re: 911. we don't have a landline and only 2 cell phones. There was a festival here down the street the day it happened. We have a friend that works in cell phone engineering and said that the all the people form the festival people probably clogged up the cell phone towers, which meant we couldn't get through

Re: the neighbours. The neighbours in this building are some of the rudest people I've ever encountered in my life. I banged on 6 doors on our floor. I doubt everyone was not home. These are the kind of neighbours who don't make eye contact with you after you say hello and are so rude to the cleaning staff because they are "the help." We want to move because of the douchiness. All I wanted was a landline to call 911.

re: cat callers. I wanted to tell them about having daughters my age, or say something about how if they got someone my age, they wouldn't know what to do with me, but I didn't want the streetcar to leave me!

re: the gelato: I had a freezer bag with me. The problem was that it took me more than 1.5 hours to get home (should've been 20 mins), and those freezer bags are usually good for just an hour. I had to go out to Little Italy because I went to a specialty store that has no closer locations. Next time I will bring an ice substitute pack too. Thanks for the advice

and re: my husband's reaction to the melted sugar "yeah...I'm not going near that...but thanks so much for going out to get it for me."
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Aww, honey. *hugs* melted gelato is terrible.
    I'm glad your DH is ok.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

what a horrible day! the worst part are the neighbours! i mean really? i am in shock ! why u didn't go to the management office of the building to make a call ? better than knocking on those loser's doors!

and i totally agree with u about toronto transit, i really don't like it a bit, when i moved to mississauga i noticed a big difference, not only in transit but people are much nicer than the GTA , i remember being a pregnant and no one ever gave me his seat in a subway or ttc bus , and i was 9 months! they all pretend to be sleep lol

actions speak louder than words that's in regard of ur gelato

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'mm sorry that your great intended trip to surprise your dh ended up so crappy. It can really get frustrating. How did refreezing the gelato go, did it work? I've tried that before, and for me it was just a lump of ice crystals with a terrible taste. I hope the rest of your week is fabulous
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Upon occasion, I have come across a fabulous deal (that requires refridgeration / freezing), but have no cooler bags nor prepared freezer packs.
    I usually carry an assortment of dry bags ( for travel/adventure) and fabric shopping bags on my bike for cargo containment.

When this "emergency cooling requirement " happens, I gather as many bags and fabric ( especially insulating fabric such as polar fleece jackets).
    Wrap the frozen/refridgerated items in as many loose layers of bags and fabric/ clothing as possible, but do so quickly.

Ride/walk/drive as quickly (and safely) home as possible.

Depending on the external temperatures and length of your trip, this method can gain you about 45 min - 1 1/2 hrs of travel in warm weather.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Thu, May 31st, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

We are on the 9th floor and I was too scared to leave hubby alone while I took the elevator downstairs. I even tried to call the office to tell them an ambulance was coming, and the phone wouldn't work. Those neighbours are douches. Encountered one today when I got off the elevator. She gave me a sourpuss look.

I totally get the part about being pregnant and no one gives up your seat. Two of my friends who have babies said people never gave up their seat. One time my brother was flying around on crutches and no one bothered to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by kashkoush View Post
    what a horrible day! the worst part are the neighbours! i mean really? i am in shock ! why u didn't go to the management office of the building to make a call ? better than knocking on those loser's doors!

and i totally agree with u about toronto transit, i really don't like it a bit, when i moved to mississauga i noticed a big difference, not only in transit but people are much nicer than the GTA , i remember being a pregnant and no one ever gave me his seat in a subway or ttc bus , and i was 9 months! they all pretend to be sleep lol

actions speak louder than words that's in regard of ur gelato
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I had some extra bags wrapped around, and frozen minute maid. It just took too long to get home Would've taken same time to walk I bet! 1.5 hours! We pay $3 for that?!? It's a 20 min drive
    Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    Upon occasion, I have come across a fabulous deal (that requires refridgeration / freezing), but have no cooler bags nor prepared freezer packs.
    I usually carry an assortment of dry bags ( for travel/adventure) and fabric shopping bags on my bike for cargo containment.

When this "emergency cooling requirement " happens, I gather as many bags and fabric ( especially insulating fabric such as polar fleece jackets).
    Wrap the frozen/refridgerated items in as many loose layers of bags and fabric/ clothing as possible, but do so quickly.

Ride/walk/drive as quickly (and safely) home as possible.

Depending on the external temperatures and length of your trip, this method can gain you about 45 min - 1 1/2 hrs of travel in warm weather.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks hon! It is still in the container. I am scared to open it and see lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I'mm sorry that your great intended trip to surprise your dh ended up so crappy. It can really get frustrating. How did refreezing the gelato go, did it work? I've tried that before, and for me it was just a lump of ice crystals with a terrible taste. I hope the rest of your week is fabulous

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Tinfoil wrapped around the item also makes a huge difference and doesn't take up much space and it light to carry. My mom does it often when she is trying to keep something frozen.

Glad DH is feel better. That is the most important thing.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information