User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Moving to Winnipeg next month

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello,

I have lived my entire life in Kenora Ontario and as of July 1rst i am going to be living in Winnipeg.I am actually quite nervous as this is my first time moving out of town.Does anybody have any tips? or anything for me that would be greatly appreciated.I am actually hoping to meet other people in the area with similar interest as me..i dont know anybody in Winnipeg.

Reason i am moving to Winnipeg is i was recently married (May 20th) and my husband was born and raised in Winnipeg then moved to Kenora last year to live with me.He is homesick and wants to go back to Winnipeg so thats why i am moving to the area.

As for me i am 22 and i dont have any kids but i got a dog and a cat so they are kind of like my babies.I went to college for a year working towards my Social Worker diploma thats something i want to go and finish.I am really into coupons and trying to be frugal and slowly making progress to be as Eco-friendly as possible.I love browsing these types of forums i am more on DS but its not really aimed at Canadians.

I dont have a job yet lined up in Winnipeg any idea where i should apply? is there a market for working from home and if so what is the best option/ideas for that?

Please PM me or post any helpful advice you have for me
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    237 (100%)

welcome to Winnipeg. We have a great group of people in this city and we always love to meet new people.
    What part of the city will you be living in?
    looking at joining fresh points use fitzgirl as a referal and get 150pts and i get 50pts.

easy points to redeemed for gift cards.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am going to be moving to the middle east of Winnipeg =)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

welcome! st. vital?-great for couponing (you can stack at LD, the only one in Wpg and it is close)
    also, my advice for meeting new people, join some sort of interest...art, sport, coupon swap...either through the leisure guide or your community.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I will be in the area around Kent how do i find clubs or groups in the area to join? is there a place that list the clubs and such in Winnipeg?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MakaylaGreen View Post
    I will be in the area around Kent how do i find clubs or groups in the area to join? is there a place that list the clubs and such in Winnipeg?
    Sounds like you are in Elmwood. My old stomping grounds.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

leisureonline.ca
    the new summer one should be coming out next week I think. There will also be one in sept. Also once you move, contact your community centre, they will have things as well.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I'm close to Kent Road There is a Safeway, RCSS, Sobey's, Walmart really close (Safeway & Sobey's within a 10 min walk).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am excited i cant wait hows the crime? is it as bad as i make myself believe it is? i am from a small town that is basically a retirement town so when i read the winnipeg sun it sometimes makes me nervous.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Crime isn't too bad. I come from a small town as well, and really find the area to be nice. I like how close everything is. There is a wide selection of restaurants in the area, grocery stores, a mall and other ammenities.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

WELCOME

First thing you should do is go to the FORKS for Canada Day

Like the others already said - there is a group of us here that are I would say just FABULOUS and you will get to know US

As for what clubs or groups - what are you interested in?
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Crime? I think it depends what part of the city you're in. The Kent road area of Elmwood seems pretty nice. Our lawyer has his office at the corner of Nairn and Kent. I live in Transcona, which is east of Elmwood. I don't think most residents are fearful in most neighbourhoods. Lots more stores/services than you'd find in Kenora. There's even an actual shopping mall (Kildonan Place) a few blocks away from you. It's probably the third nicest one in the city. If you plan to go to the U of M for Social Work, bus connections should be pretty easy from Kildonan Place. I don't think most people are into clubs, but there are user-pay classes and leisure activities through the city and local school divisions' continuing education departments. Libraries may have activities as well.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

As far as interest i obviously adore couponing i have a huge stack and saving money i like nature and anything animal related.I love crafting and want to learn how to knit.I am not into the party scene at all it doesnt appeal to me i am nerdy and just like to be in a quiet atmosphere.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MakaylaGreen View Post
    As far as interest i obviously adore couponing i have a huge stack and saving money i like nature and anything animal related.I love crafting and want to learn how to knit.I am not into the party scene at all it doesnt appeal to me i am nerdy and just like to be in a quiet atmosphere.

I have a friend who works from home doing card making classes and srapbooking classes. Usually runs one either Thursday or Friday a month. She is very crafty and does excellent work. She didn't know anyone when she started and has made a few good friends. Pm me if you want anymore info.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

If you ever wan to hang out pm me whe. You get here...im somewhat coolmstill even with a 2 year old... There are clubs...and good pubs. Its not vanc ouver or anything but...neither is kenora!
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information