User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Protest talk - thread

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

I believe the government has offered too much. It will end up being free for many students and guess who has to pay?
    As you already said by the past that I was ditching everybody when I wasn't, I feel free to ditch here:

You won't have to pay as you don't work at all. It's not your money, get over it.

If you could just listen to Radio-Canada instead of Quebecor Media, you would have know that the government ask for negociations already knowing that they weren't there to make compromise. Students made 3 propositions and the governement didn't even read them!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Saradouce, je crois que la désinformation ne vient pas de Québécor mais bien de ceux qui croient que tout leur est dû. Faire du "média bashing" ne règle rien.
    Il faut savoir qu'il existe deux côtés à une médaille. On a compris ton point de vue, on a compris ceux des autres. Je crois qu'on a le droit d'avoir une opinion quelle qu'elle soit et de savoir qu'elle est respectée.

Je souhaite bonne chance à tous les étudiants dans leurs projets futurs.

La réalité rattrappera TOUS les Québécois, peu importe l'allégeance politique ou la couleur du carré.

En passant, les étudiants n'avaient que peu, voire pas du tout envie de faire des compromis eux également.
    Je le disais, il y a deux côtés à une médaille. Si tout le monde avait mis de l'eau dans son vin, il n'y aurait pas ces fâcheuses conséquences.
    Il y a présentement un grand schisme social qui se vit ici au Québec, et il n'est pas vécu seulement par les étudiants.

Ma tribune a moi sera celle des élections. Mon vote vaut autant que celui de l'autre. Je vous invite donc a vous exprimer dans l'isoloir lorsque M. Charest déclenchera des élections dans les prochains 18 mois. Un "X" n'aura jamais signifié autant de choses en même temps.

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post
    As you already said by the past that I was ditching everybody when I wasn't, I feel free to ditch here:

You won't have to pay as you don't work at all. It's not your money, get over it.

If you could just listen to Radio-Canada instead of Quebecor Media, you would have know that the government ask for negociations already knowing that they weren't there to make compromise. Students made 3 propositions and the governement didn't even read them!
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post
    Saradouce, je crois que la désinformation ne vient pas de Québécor mais bien de ceux qui croient que tout leur est dû. Faire du "média bashing" ne règle rien.
    Il faut savoir qu'il existe deux côtés à une médaille. On a compris ton point de vue, on a compris ceux des autres. Je crois qu'on a le droit d'avoir une opinion quelle qu'elle soit et de savoir qu'elle est respectée.

Je souhaite bonne chance à tous les étudiants dans leurs projets futurs.

La réalité rattrappera TOUS les Québécois, peu importe l'allégeance politique ou la couleur du carré.

En passant, les étudiants n'avaient que peu, voire pas du tout envie de faire des compromis eux également.
    Je le disais, il y a deux côtés à une médaille. Si tout le monde avait mis de l'eau dans son vin, il n'y aurait pas ces fâcheuses conséquences.
    Il y a présentement un grand schisme social qui se vit ici au Québec, et il n'est pas vécu seulement par les étudiants.

Ma tribune a moi sera celle des élections. Mon vote vaut autant que celui de l'autre. Je vous invite donc a vous exprimer dans l'isoloir lorsque M. Charest déclenchera des élections dans les prochains 18 mois. Un "X" n'aura jamais signifié autant de choses en même temps.
    I didn't want to post in this thread for a variety of reasons but Annie, I have to
    Name:  3d-applause.gif
Views: 119
Size:  105.0 KB, Frank, diplomatic and fair, Awesome post !

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think atthe end of the line we all pay enough income tax for the education to be free! YesI said it, just like when you go see a doctor its free, we have the budget forit. But you know.. fancy diners and jets are important too. Election plz.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

kelly25 and GeorgiaK like this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

But Kelly25, going to the doctor is not free. Here is where I am sure I am going to start a new debate; but if you really really need to see a doctor within a reasonable time, you most likely need to go to a private clinic and PAY.

Yes, we pay a lot of taxes and there are a lot of things that "should be" free. They aren't; not education, not health care.

Are the politicians to blame? Probably. Will the election of a new party be the answer? Probably not. The corruption, the mismanagement of public money is inherent in the system. There will likely be a big show of "cleaning up", but in the end, the same system will exist and more money will have been spent.

@ Saradouce: make no mistake, just because someone does not "work" does not mean they don't pay tax.....property tax, gas tax, sales tax...all these go into the public purse. The more tax an individual or family pays, the less they have to pump into the economy.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    make no mistake, just because someone does not "work" does not mean they don't pay tax.....property tax, gas tax, sales tax...all these go into the public purse..

And when you have a house you also have schoolar tax to pay each year!

The more tax an individual or family pays, the less they have to pump into the economy.
    Patty Smyth and abouret like this.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Well said!

But Kelly25, going to the doctor is not free. Here is where I am sure I am going to start a new debate; but if you really really need to see a doctor within a reasonable time, you most likely need to go to a private clinic and PAY.

Yes, we pay a lot of taxes and there are a lot of things that "should be" free. They aren't; not education, not health care.

Are the politicians to blame? Probably. Will the election of a new party be the answer? Probably not. The corruption, the mismanagement of public money is inherent in the system. There will likely be a big show of "cleaning up", but in the end, the same system will exist and more money will have been spent.

@ Saradouce: make no mistake, just because someone does not "work" does not mean they don't pay tax.....property tax, gas tax, sales tax...all these go into the public purse. The more tax an individual or family pays, the less they have to pump into the economy.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Interesting and clueless

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Governement is already touching the tax's return with the rise of the bursaries stuff, students did make a similar proposal and the governement rejected it, even if it was the same type of financing.

They never talked about RRSP.
    They talked about RESP not rrsp's

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I just have one comment to make about an earlier post that stated "when you go see a doctor its free, we have the budget for it".
    It isn't free and apparently we don't have the budget for it because if you do your income taxes you will have noticed that we now have to pay 100$ per person over 18 into the health contribution which "ensures proper funding of the public healthcare system". In 2010 it was 25$, 2011 it was 100$ and next year it will be 200$ per person, unless your income falls below a threshold. Where were to protesters then?
    Last edited by Natadd; Tue, Jun 5th, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
    Patty Smyth, AnnieP and pudi like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Natadd View Post
    I just have one comment to make about an earlier post that stated "when you go see a doctor its free, we have the budget for it".
    It isn't free and apparently we don't have the budget for it because if you do your income taxes you will have noticed that we now have to pay 100$ per person over 18 into the health contribution which "ensures proper funding of the public healthcare system". In 2010 it was 25$, 2011 it was 100$ and next year it will be 200$ per person, unless your income falls below a threshold. Where were to protesters then?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

All right, it's MY money, Patty chose to stay home to raise our kids and now she has to take care of her parents on top of that as they now cannot live on their own. That prevents her from getting a job at the moment. That's one hell of a sacrifice for us so please stop bullying people who disagree with your point of view.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I've been hit by the double whammy...language skills and the fact many Canadian companies don't recognise my British scholastic awards..
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    All right, it's MY money, Patty chose to stay home to raise our kids and now she has to take care of her parents on top of that as they now cannot live on their own. That prevents her from getting a job at the moment. That's one hell of a sacrifice for us so please stop bullying people who disagree with your point of view.
    yup and I'm sure this choice help the healthcare system because the system don't need to send a nurse or "préposé aux bénéficiaire" (and pay) to her parent's home to help them one, twice or more day per week for thing like doing cooking and baking, have a bath, shave her dad (maybe not, but some old man need that kind of help), ect. This is good service from CLSC, a friend a me do that kind of job, but we collectively pay for that too instead of taking care of our parents like your family do.

So basickly, because she choose to stay at home, she cost less to the system not directly for her, but for all the "free service" that she give to the kids, to her parents and to the school of your kids and that collectively we don't have to pay for. Maybe if everyone do a small step like that in his/her area/day to day life this will go better for our society!

Oh and DH666, I'm sure this is not an easy choice every day for all of you in the family
    super_e, Patty Smyth and AnnieP like this.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information