User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Yard sale couponing??!!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

not jealous dears. far from it
    anastasia1009 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I agree there is to much judging..lol...who really cares is someone makes a little extra money....maybe their family has fallen on hard times and they need money quick....I love my stockpile but if I ever desperatley needed money I would sell a few things.....I paid the gas to go purchase the items.....Also I would sooner see somone have a garage sale to help provide for their family than going to Welfare and further increasing my taxes.....One other thing that should be mentioned is many people on here trade gift cards for coupons...I was also wondering if they claim the income from the gift cards and it is doubtful they have a vendor's permit to sell the coupons....Oh and did I mention that it is illegal to sell coupons, even for gift cards...so lets not judge people with out knowing their circumstances....
    Well Said, Sharkie. My thoughts exactly. If my family was in dire need, I'd sell anything to feed them. Including items I bought with coupons.
    Jezebel, Koolaid, sharkie and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thank you Saven Raven....it is just what I believe....I mean there are ethical issues with lots of thing but why spend are time bashing people...
    Koolaid likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

this whole bickering and fighting in these threads is getting far from annoying,
    I've forwarded this repeatedly reported thread to sally.
    Jezebel, sharkie and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Having a point of view is not bickering.

backing opinions with sound logic is not fighting.

that goes for both sides of view.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Having a point of view is not bickering.

backing opinions with sound logic is not fighting.

that goes for both sides of view.
    True..i agree. The only problem with that is one's "logic" often is different from someone else's. It's hard to give an opinion on something without offending someone.
    Last edited by Kalmel; Wed, Jun 6th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

such is life

edit: sorry forgot to throw in my passive-aggressive lol's!
    anastasia1009 likes this.
    R

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Here, you can borrow this one.

CheriBomb likes this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

No fighting guys and ladies, lets please get along and stop bashing others..................... p l e a s e
    c_mcarthur, babyluck and sharkie like this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    such is life

edit: sorry forgot to throw in my passive-aggressive lol's!
    ^ That's what gets people riled up. Play nice in the playground please.
    SavenRaven and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I think Sally is correct everyone...we should not be bashing one another....it is ok to disagree and everyone has a difference of opinion...I think the biggest mistake about this post from the very begining is that no one knew this person's circumstances and yet many were quick to judge....We can only hope this person put the money to good use.....I aslo called my local bylaw and asked them if I wanted to sell some of my stock that I did not need or was going to use, could I sell it at a garage sale and they did say yes as long as i was in the guidlines of no more than 2 garage sales per year and that the items were not purchased with the intent to resell...Not that I am planning to sell of my stockpile but at least I have heard it from the horse's mouth (bylaw)...so even if I did not approve it would be perfectly legal to do so....I thinK that everyone who knows how much time and effort goes into aquiring our stockpile that this person did not take advantage or get a free ride.....I think so many of you on here are wonderful kindhearted people and i know that you do not mean to be harsh...god bless all of you
    Sally888, Kalmel, Koolaid and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michigan803 View Post
    Stacking was not stopped at LD by the companies. If so why are they allowing SOF to still do it with the same items?
    LD as far as im concerned are trying to find all the excuses they can possibly find to get out of the stacking totally because they dont like spending the time with a customer to do it.
    I was told this awhile ago that it will be stopped altogether soon, and it was said by an employee at LD.
    That is absolutely untrue and complete bologna. The reason it'll be stopped is because COMPANIES are putting a stop to it. Any SOF that is still taking 'unstackable' coupons is either doing so unknowingly and will end up with the short end of the stick later, or hasn't trained their staff right. You could say the same for counterfeit bills, why are stores taking them? Ignorance or badly trained staff.

They are by no means looking for excuses to get out of stacking, and if somebody is, that represents them as a single person and them alone, not the company.

Memos from HO come in whenever a company requests no stacking on their items any longer. Each store doesn't just independently decide what to stack and what not to.

Stacking will eventually stop because companies are going to put a stop to it. Stacking has been going since before I was ever BORN, it's lasted 2 and a half decades at least, and you know why it's just NOW starting to die? Because of abuse. Resale. Buying out shelves full of product. People being scammy and using fake coupons, photocopied coupons, coupons on the wrong items or trying to turn a profit off of 'overage'.

EC has turned people into greedy pigs and made couponing the new 'trend', the surge caused the companies to pay more attention and now THEY are shutting it down. London Drugs is NOT.
    Poirot and CheriBomb like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information