User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Yard sale couponing??!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Expired
    I was a little confused and did not know what to think today. I went to a few yard sales today and found 3 of them that were people that did couponing. They had tons and tons of couponing stuff for sale??!! I found this a bit disturbing. What do you think about people selling this stuff at their yard sales?? One was strickly couponing stuff
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

weird ? why wont they use it to benefit them selves and use the money theysaved to get a head. i guess selling it makes money . just dont see that many people buying their shampoos and stuff from garage sales?
    DiamondLil likes this.
    wamme
    innisfil ontario

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I've heard of people doing that. Like it happens a lot more in the states because they can buy in such massive massive quantities. But they'll buy like fourty or fifty of something that costs them just the tax and then they'll sell it at a garage sale. I guess it's their own way of making money and if they can do it? It seems really weird to me and I personally would rather just shop at the grocery store for that kind of stuff but to each their own I guess?
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

What kind of couponing stuff?
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

thats pretty sad,
    that reminds me of when I was a child, some kids used to go door to door selling their stickers LOL
    cdylan, dariusz8 and glamorousgirl like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Read the title wrong, and thought it was people trying to barter coupons for yard sale items, like I will give you this 75 cents off beans for that book etc.

I wouldn't buy toiletries from a yard sale, but that is just me.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I assume you are referring to people selling their stockpile achieved from couponing as yard sale items.

Sounds OK to me!
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can see selling there stash at a yard sale if they were trying to raise money for a charity or to bring attention to a issue such as a issue.Like maybe mental illness or to help bring as aitttetion to something and donating all the profits.But for personal gain thats wrong! I have been thinking about doing it to brind attetion to teen sucide.And donating all the profits to Chalyce Smiles.That is my neice who killed herself in Jan.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's actually illegal to resell items purchased with coupons, as per the wording on virtually every coupon.

I will give it a moral pass if they make baskets and sell them for a cause, but purchasing just to resell is ILLEGAL and not allowed. It's illegal either way really, but the people who do it just to make money off of it at a garage sale are the ones ruining it for everyone else, and it's absolutely NOT okay.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Many coupons say " May not be sold" or something like that. However I have never seen anything on a coupon that says what you can or can't do with the items that you purchased with a coupon.

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120161

That link is talking about Forida but I am quite sure that it appies to Canada as well.

If the items at the yardsale are things like cleaning supplies, toiletries etc. I can't imagine there is a problem. Food items would perhaps be a problem and there may be some kind of legislation about those however I doubt it.

If someone has purchased an item with or without a coupon it is theirs to do with as they see fit. If they want to sell it privately at a yardsale to someone they have the right just like they do selling anything at a yardsale. Heck a used lamp could have also been purchased at some point with a coupon. What you are saying would make it illegal for that to be sold at a yardsale as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    It's actually illegal to resell items purchased with coupons, as per the wording on virtually every coupon.

I will give it a moral pass if they make baskets and sell them for a cause, but purchasing just to resell is ILLEGAL and not allowed. It's illegal either way really, but the people who do it just to make money off of it at a garage sale are the ones ruining it for everyone else, and it's absolutely NOT okay.
    cdylan and amandalee76 like this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It is the coupon that can not be sold.
    sharkie likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    I assume you are referring to people selling their stockpile achieved from couponing as yard sale items.

Sounds OK to me!
    Sounds ok to me too. I just made between 75-80.00 last weekend selling items obtained with coupons. I can now turn around and s-t-r-e-t-c-h it even further. I don't see a problem with it at all!!!
    cdylan and sharkie like this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

No it's illegal and the sole REASON London Drugs in the west wont stack anymore, because people were ordering whole palets, using coupons to get the items free and then selling the merchandise seperatly, its against the law and morally wrong by all means.... If I was there I would have called the police, and yeah seems harsh in your eyes but its the right thing to do.....

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I'm sorry if this seems like "attacking" but really? no law/legislation against re/selling? Can people be so ignorant? God that makes me so angry I can't believe the posts!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I'd like to correct you Chantel, but reselling is not illegal. If it was, there would be no businesses at all. Every single store you go to buys in bulk cheaper in wearhouses and re-sells it to you for more money. It is a coupon that shouldnt be sold.
    Teenah20, BFMamaOf2 and lizamarie like this.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information